What Is a Reasonable Price Over Sticker To Pay For Pista? | Page 11 | FerrariChat

What Is a Reasonable Price Over Sticker To Pay For Pista?

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by F355 Fan 82, Jan 25, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. boobernackle

boobernackle Formula Junior

May 28, 2016
    I'm sure it will be darn close on identical tires, with Pista having a slight edge. Regardless, the F8 has no harmony in it's design, trying to bring inspiration from a plethora of V8 cars that came before it, whereas the Pista is just stunning.

Forza Scuderia likes this.
  2. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    Not wanting to derail this thread, but the F8 looks far better in the metal than on pictures....

3. rockminster

rockminster Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 20, 2003
    Lake Tahoe
    The F8 won't be in customer's hands for about a year and the early cars will certainly be offered to better customers, some of whom will also have Pistas in their possession or on order and some of whom will no doubt be good customers who wanted a Pista but couldn't get an allocation. The F8 would logically take some of this latter group out of the Pista secondary market and that may work to soften Pista prices. To what degree will depend, among other factors, on real world comparisons of the two cars, F8 pricing, and what we learn about planned F8 production life. The Pista will be far more desirable and collectible over time. I think the F8 will end up hurting 488 values more than Pista values.

nads likes this.
  4. Silberpfeil

Silberpfeil Karting

Jan 2, 2016
    Lucerne, Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Marc Brunner
    Pista is going to increase. Last V8 hardcore mid engine version without hybrid. Mid engine replacement with v8 hybrid is on a other (much higher) level, v6 hybrid maybe with similar hp, but no more reason for a hardcore version if there is the V8 hybrid in the same model...

Gesendet von iPad mit FerrariChat

5. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    Which ones? There are two sets and they are saying exactly the opposite. LOL!

6. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    It seems many people having bought a Pista are not satisfied with what it is (I do not know why, seems a pretty good car to me) so that they need to believe its value will dramatically increase to justify their purchase...
    What will actually happens remains to be seen, predicting is a difficult exercice specially when it's about the future ;)

7. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    I guess it depends if you had to play games and buy other cars to get it or if you got offered the allocation without strings. I suspect the ones hoping they hold a premium are the ones who paid for the extra cars and those getting allocations without strings aren't sweating the F8. If I had bought one or two cars I didn't want just to get the Pista, I wouldn't be happy about the F8.

Solid State likes this.
  8. boobernackle

boobernackle Formula Junior

May 28, 2016
    Judging by what Ferr9000 mentioned a while back, the F8 is for Ferrari to welcome with open arms all those that didn't get a Pista.

Hard to believe there won't be a Sport series of the F8 in a few years, only time will tell.

9. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    That would be me but I find it hard to believe.

10. kevin1244

kevin1244 Formula Junior

Mar 7, 2008
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    KAA
    The price point for mid-engine cars has moved up. Pista at $600k may not look expensive any longer. New comers (like Vanquish Vision) will be targeting $500k or above for a loaded car. Get used to this...

dustman likes this.
  11. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    The reason people defend the Pista is not because they need it to perform well in residual terms, simply that all the logic and history says it will. But will it? No one really knows and yet they still ordered them. I ordered an F8 straight away. It will be different to my TM PS and will probably arrive the same time because I will go for a simpler spec. Can’t quite understand why people think that the performance between these cars is the issue. The Pista will feel different to the F8 - that’s the point. Just like the Speciale and the 488 (with the 488 being quicker than the Speciale whereas the F8 will not be). The Speciale was hardly quicker around Fiorano than the 458 (I drove them both many times there) but wow did it ever feel different. It is such a great car because of those lovely looks, that beautiful engine and the aggression it uses to deliver its performance plus how much more the car’s setup allows oversteer on demand. It feels wonderful.

I’ll love the F8 but I’ll keep the Pista. I haven’t heard many, if any, thinking Ferrari did the dirty on them with the Pista/F8 - it’s happened every time since the CS except this is the first time the new car doesn’t have more power than the previous track-special. If anything the delay in the real replacement will help the Pista for anyone who is really that bothered with residuals.

BaronM69 and of2worlds like this.
  12. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    There are customers for all price points, and the higher the price, the smaller the addressable market.
    Ferrari agrees with this analysis so that the price of the F8 will be very close to that of the 488 (definitely no more than 5% increase).

RyanFoH likes this.
  13. Silberpfeil

Silberpfeil Karting

Jan 2, 2016
    Lucerne, Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Marc Brunner
    Beeing convinced and enthusiastic about something combined with hope on value increase doesn’t mean that you are unhappy. It’s the reason why you are marrying:)

Gesendet von iPad mit FerrariChat

14. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    This thread is exhausting. If people actually kept their cars for 10 yrs it wld all be a moot point.

Solid State and Thecadster like this.
  15. kevin1244

kevin1244 Formula Junior

Mar 7, 2008
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    KAA
    There will be Pista bashers; as there were Scuderia bashers (vs Stradale or 458), Speciale bashers (vs Scuderia or 488)...people have different motivations. I am getting the Pista and not the least worry about depreciation or appreciation. If it happens that it holds it's value; great. If not, I still have a car that I love and will enjoy for years to come. If anyone worries so much about depreciation of their Ferrari's; they should not be buying the car as most likely they cannot afford it in the first place. Comparing F8 and Pista and try to assess their relative overall value is so subjective not even worth trying. The funniest folks are the ones keep arguing about the number of cars to be produced and how worthless Pista is because they will make 3000 of them vs 2000 vs number of Speciale's, etc. etc.
    Oh, get on with it already!

16. noone1

noone1 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Not going to happen. There will always be a hardcore version of the cars. It's an insanely profitable product and part of every manufacturers line up.

17. noone1

noone1 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
    So what? Ferrari sells overpriced CF that's neither functional or really even necessary.

In the not too distant future, CF won't even be fancy. It's already getting cheaper and cheaper to make and tons more people are using it. A freakin Mustang GT500 has CF wheels too...

18. noone1

noone1 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Vanquish Vision was already quoted by AM people at around 250K+ GBP. Nowhere near $500K.

19. noone1

noone1 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Eh, when's the last time Ferrari debuted the new car before anyone even received the old one though? I mean, how many Pistas have really even been delivered in the US? Hardly any it would seem.

20. BG23

BG23 Formula Junior

Jun 16, 2015
    Australia
    Speciale debuted Sept 2013 and 488 debuted March 2015.
    Pista debuted March 2018 and F8 debuted March 2019

So 6 months earlier than usual, given the shorter model run, 6 months is not really a big deal

RyanFoH likes this.
  21. kevin1244

kevin1244 Formula Junior

Mar 7, 2008
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    KAA
    Not true at all...I know because I am getting one!

of2worlds likes this.
  22. gzachary

gzachary Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Jan 10, 2011
    California
    Simple, naive question here:I was just wondering today how many Pistas have been delivered to date to customers in the US right now?

23. Fixer03

Fixer03 Karting

Nov 1, 2015
    Agree

Silberpfeil likes this.
  24. Fixer03

Fixer03 Karting

Nov 1, 2015
    Whether over priced or not Carbon is here and now and desirable like it or not.

25. noone1

noone1 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Yes, you have an order for a car that doesn't even have an interior or drivetrain yet, due to enter production in 2.5 years :rolleyes:

Dealer got you hook line and sinker for that free loan I think LOL. How much did you give him, $50K?