F8 - F8 is out and now? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

F8 F8 is out and now?

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Principissimo, Mar 7, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

What do you think you'll do?

1. Order F8

2. Keep my 488

3. Keep my 458

4. Look at other brand

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Principissimo

Principissimo Formula Junior

Sep 14, 2015
    Milano
    Full Name:
    Bruno
    Carbon is sometime annoying. I have oll CF option on my 488 Spider and, for example, I regret it has door panels in CF: they vibrate :(

Viperjoe likes this.
  2. stereotaipei

stereotaipei Formula Junior

Jan 27, 2010
    Taiwan + Europe
    Drive my Pista (and my Speciale)

chrixxx and dmark1 like this.
  3. dmark1

dmark1 F1 World Champ
    BANNED Owner

Feb 26, 2008
    Americas Team Headquarters
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Well when you have the best why not? Congratulations

4. mthompson2376

mthompson2376 Formula Junior

Feb 2, 2017
    North East England
    Full Name:
    Mark Thompson
    Like it, a blend of Speciale (front end) + PiSTA + 308 styling, sort of works and is essentially the spec of a PISTA, on real roads there would be very very little margin advantage between the two....just feels like a stop gap car, maybe this is what the 488 should have been out of the box.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

5. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    I like the F8 enough to order it. Delivery second quarter of 2020.

6. jamie140

jamie140 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 17, 2004
    GTA/Marco Island, fl
    Full Name:
    Jamie
    I have a deposit on one. Happy to drive the 488 spider until my no. comes up. I'll decide between the two then and likely have ordered an F8 spider by then.

Cigarzman likes this.
  7. FFan5

FFan5 Formula Junior

Jul 7, 2018
    Fact. However, I've passed both cars in a lowly AMG GT. The driver is a massive component. In my Italia, I've exited T11 at COTA faster than a Speciale in front of me and there was nothing he could do. His weight loss and 30HP weren't going to save him. I passed him in the quarter mile drag race to T12 and he wasn't letting off the gas.

I love these cars, but coachinh and seat time are better uses of money than going 488 to F8 to lower your lap time. The good news is they aren't mutually exclusive....

Sent from my Pixel 2 using FerrariChat.com mobile app

8. Ferrari FXX

Ferrari FXX Formula Junior

Jun 27, 2007
    How about us poor man Ferrari guys? Im just trying to get my hands on a 488. I'm NEVER EVER EVER EVER going to get rid of my 458. I don't care how many were built. Last NA V8 from Ferrari.

Principissimo likes this.
  9. martisracing

martisracing Karting

Nov 2, 2011
    Northamptonshire, UK
    No interest in the F8 as I have just specced up my Pista that is due to arrive beginning of next year. I have sold my Speciale to pay for the Pista. Completely covered the cost and made a nice little £10k profit. Not bad for 4 years ownership. I also sold my 458 Spider as it was coming up to the dreaded UK cliff of 20K miles and last free service where Ferrari main dealers do not want it anymore. I succumbed to an amazing fully specced 2018 488 Spider that had only done 163 miles and must have lost the original owner well over £50k for 9 months ownership.
    I cannot understand why would you would do that but the dealer I deal with have a few customers who spec up crazy spec cars at a huge cost and then sell them at a loss as soon as they arrive. The buzz they get is speccing it up seeing it arrive then they lose interest when it arrives. Rather expensive hobby but my gain :)

LVP488 and Melvok like this.