430 - Complete F1 kit | FerrariChat

430 Complete F1 kit

Discussion in '360/430' started by smggms, Mar 8, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. smggms

smggms Formula Junior

Apr 29, 2018
    Full Name:
    Matt Godwin
    does this mean the gear box replaced? are these comnon problem in 430 ,,
    i always thought thEy are bullet proof cars .. least maintenance JUST YEARLY fluid service..
    im looking at this car with 32k miles..this service done @ 26k miles
    can this happen again .
    2005 f430

Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Looks like maintenance overkill to me, but you never can tell.

whatheheck likes this.
  3. smggms

smggms Formula Junior

Apr 29, 2018
    Full Name:
    Matt Godwin
  4. tres55

tres55 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 18, 2012
    Canada
    "F1 kit needs replacement" does that mean they replaced the actuator, power head, accumulator, pump, etc.?

Sounds like the previous owner may have got hosed by someone too lazy or incompetent to correctly identify the cause of the problem.

whatheheck likes this.
  5. 24000rpm

24000rpm F1 Rookie

i heard all dealers treat f1 problems this way.

6. whatheheck

whatheheck F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 27, 2006
    Seattle, Wa
    Full Name:
    Dan L.
    No difference than when I asked a dealer about my Spider roof, if it malfunctions, components fail or fabric tears - they said we dont repair those, we just replace the entire roof. I said how much is that? They said "about $12K+.

7. tres55

tres55 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 18, 2012
    Canada
    For what it's worth, there are shops that can rebuild your entire F1 system for a fraction of that replacement cost, to factory or better condition. I believe they were even able to improve shift times on the 360 CS F1 system, but don't quote me on that. Company is called GTE Engineering. Originally based in Florida but I believe they moved to the North East....NJ perhaps?

8. Motob

Motob Formula 3
    Professional Ferrari Technician

Nov 11, 2003
    Frederick, Maryland
    Full Name:
    Brian Brown
    When the F1 actuator/system has a major malfunction that the dealership cannot repair, they will just sell an F1 kit. It consists of the F1 actuator, hoses, pump, and shift solenoid/pressure sensor block. It comes full of oil and pre-bled. All you have to do is install it and bleed the clutch and E-diff. It is plug and play, very easy for the dealership to install.

9. 3pedal360

3pedal360 Rookie

Jan 11, 2013
    Sounds like it was just the E diff solenoid with an “erratic diff after start up” it’s a very common problem and those are replaced left and right but as everyone has already said more than likely the owner just got taken advantage of.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app