FORMULA 1 ROLEX AUSTRALIAN GRAND PRIX 2019: QUALIFYING *** SPOILERS *** | Page 11 | FerrariChat

FORMULA 1 ROLEX AUSTRALIAN GRAND PRIX 2019: QUALIFYING *** SPOILERS ***

Discussion in 'F1' started by SPEEDCORE, Mar 15, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    I'd bet he doesn't finish the season.

Big leap of faith on Williams' part but just adds to their problems.

2. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    Missed the qualifying. Was just too early here. Hope to catch the race tomorrow. 6 am race tomorrow.

3. 05011994

05011994 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 1, 2004
    Golden, Colorado
    I was really hoping Kubica would be able to drive a Formula 1 car again, unfortunately he will probably never get the chance as he is stuck in a Williams. Claire and Frank have to go, the team is hopeless. Paddy should consider himself lucky that he does not have to suffer with the rest of the team.

4. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby

Oh. So we sucked just as bad. Sorry.

How did it work out for Ferrari last year? Well was it?

5. CRG125

CRG125 F1 Rookie

Feb 7, 2005
    Los Angeles, Ca
    Full Name:
    Vivek
    We won the last year in Australia. It's a long season, don't panic yet.

6. nsxrebel

nsxrebel Formula 3

Jan 8, 2004
  7. WPOZZZ

WPOZZZ F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Honolulu, HI
    Hopefully his car doesn't catch on fire. If so, he will be avocado toast. lol

jgonzalesm6 likes this.
  8. 635CSI

635CSI F1 Rookie

Jun 26, 2013
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    Oh well that was far from ideal.
    Everybody get behind the team for tomorrow, hope for some luck.
    Forza !

tomc and 375+ like this.
  9. fer312t

fer312t Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2010
    By this rationale... Schumacher being ahead of Barrichello by a scant .074...and behind him by .005 in the 2004 and 2002 Austrailian GP qualys respectively, are - of course - conclusive proof that Michael was not brilliant, and it was just the car... right guys? Right? :p

10. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    Robert looks as though he might not be up to the task and I'm not sure that Indy Car would be any easier for him. He would have to learn to drive the ovals--I'm sure that he could-- but Indy Cars do not have assisted steering. The road and street courses would be difficult for him. All of us are pulling for him but it just might be too tall a mountain for him to climb.

11. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    #261 Ferrari 308 GTB, Mar 16, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2019
    Vettel seemed to be generally running wider and using a bit too much kerb,i think Lewis still had something in hand...the penultimate corner he really got it turned in early almost like the start of a qualy lap then didnt drift out hardly at all ,absolutely nailed it.

12. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    He did fine last year in testing. I'll give a few races to let him get his head around driving in a race.

If Williams even lasts that long.

:p

13. sammysaber

sammysaber Formula Junior

Dec 21, 2011
    MS had a huge role in development in contrast to today's drivers due to current restrictions - trailing Rubens by 5 thousandths of a second on a pole is not tragic - guess the conclusive proof is that there were no team orders/rigging in qualy at Ferrari at the beginning of the seasons you refer to.

Best,
    Sammy

14. SPEEDCORE

SPEEDCORE Four Time F1 World Champ

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    Interesting insight.

I been watching/listening to a lot of Claire interviews of late and she doesn't seem to really care if the team folded.

Bas likes this.
  15. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    So you are starting with this "but look at Schumacher" - nonsense now as well???
    Please show me a post that stated "utter brilliance" of a lap after Schumacher being 0.074 seconds faster than Barrichello just as your buddy did with Lewis above....until then please don´t make up this "non-storries"
    "Brilliance" was used when Schumacher was 6 seconds faster in the rain than anyone else in a car far from being the best....If Lewis will do this one day we might agree on something...

Bas likes this.
  16. fer312t

fer312t Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2010
    #266 fer312t, Mar 16, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2019
    The point I was quite clearly making is that that both Barrichello and Bottas were/are both exceedingly capable and fast racing drivers in their own right - that were/are able to - on occasion - challenge and or sometimes exceed their illustrious, genius level teammates. So, zero to do with devaluing Michael...

...this in direct response to ridiculous claim that Valteri being .112 seconds off Lewis today is some kind of proof that Lewis is not brilliant racing driver (you know, the usual devaluing.) :D If Lewis had been 1/2 second faster than Bottas today (like he sometimes is) you would have just said Bottas is soft and slow...or else being subtly sabotaged by the team etc etc.

Incidentally I was never going on and on about Lewis' lap today, although I do think it was pretty great. A very motivated Valteri laid down a excellent marker... Lewis had one shot to respond, and he was able put it all together. Great job by both.

17. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    Someone needs to make Mercedes an "offer they can't refuse" - get the heck out of F1, where they have nothing more to prove, and take their act to Le Mans and the WEC, which also uses hybrid technology.

Remember that the last time Mercedes had a factory effort at Le Mans, they were thoroughly embarrassed and left with their tail between their legs, because they couldn't keep their cars on the track and had become a "flying circus"! (I'm sure Mark Webber remembers! He was one of the inadvertent "aviators".) They still need to make amends for that disaster, and now would be a good time to do it. Besides, after Audi and Porsche, the WEC needs a German team to keep Toyota from running away with the championship.

crinoid likes this.
  18. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    And once again you are wrong, maybe you should read what people actually say...Nobody said anything like a tenth difference on a single lap is a "proof that Lewis is not a brilliant race driver" but it was a response to the claim that THIS was a brilliant lap by a genius as it was down to Lewis that the Mercedes in front row...Bottas certainly never was and most likely never will be a yardstick for brilliance.
    Please stay reasonable and do not interpret things into posts that were never said!!! It makes you only sound like a fanboy...

Bas likes this.
  19. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Whatever happens on the track this year ,one thing for sure the F Chat battle runs on and on and on,complete with history lessons going back decades , so predictable .:rolleyes:

20. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    ypsilon, stavura and F2003-GA like this.