FORMULA 1 ROLEX AUSTRALIAN GRAND PRIX 2019: RACE ▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS ▀▄▀▄ | Page 22 | FerrariChat

FORMULA 1 ROLEX AUSTRALIAN GRAND PRIX 2019: RACE ▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS ▀▄▀▄

Discussion in 'F1' started by SPEEDCORE, Mar 16, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    Not exactly. McLaren struggled for years with "peak downforce" designs while Red Bull succeded with the opposite.

The best is having both things! But i suppose that in the middle is the virtue.

vinuneuro and Bas like this.
  2. E60 M5

E60 M5 Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Jan 2, 2006
    Wash DC area
    Full Name:
    Robert
    After watching the race Sunday I had to let go.
    I just don't care anymore. I will try and watch and just enjoy the spectacle of the sport.
    Trying to get pumped for the races only to watch crapola ain't cutting it anymore.
    Huge Washington Capitals fan, watched for years and had season tickets forever. After years of let downs I quite watching and BAM, Stanley Cup Champs! Maybe, I will give this a try for Ferrari! LOL!

Sharknose, Bas, crinoid and 2 others like this.
  3. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    I hate to say it, but Ferrari's chance of winning the Stanley Cup this year is almost nil.

kandi, Jakuzzi, TOOLFAN and 5 others like this.
  4. Nortonious

Nortonious Formula 3

Sep 20, 2018
    TX
    Wales Trophy?

375+ likes this.
  5. Kiwi Nick

Kiwi Nick Formula 3

Jun 13, 2014
    Durango, CO
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Is it just me or does Vettel already look like he is broken? He couldn't catch MB or RB and had to have the team keep LEC from passing him in the final stages of the race. It doesn't look like it is going to be a very happy year for Ferrari unless LEC begins to out-qualify Vettel.

william likes this.
  6. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    [QU, and don(t look back !!!OTE="Kiwi Nick, post: 146514716, member: 161896"]Is it just me or does Vettel already look like he is broken? He couldn't catch MB or RB and had to have the team keep LEC from passing him in the final stages of the race. It doesn't look like it is going to be a very happy year for Ferrari unless LEC begins to out-qualify Vettel.[/QUOTE]

Yep, the only way Leclerc is going to assert himself is by outclassing Vettel in qualifs.
    It looks like, at this point, that Ferrari don't want him to challenge their leader Vettel in a race.
    So there is only one solution for Leclerc: get in front of Vettel at the start and don't look back!

7. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    It's just you.

8. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

The jury is still out on that.

The next few races will be interesting to Watch.

9. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    Vettel doesn’t look like anything other then relaxed. That’s a great thing.

10. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    Some are unable to read the race and the strategy and actually think Leclerc was faster although it was Seb driving away from him on the same set of tires in the beginning.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk

stavura, daytona355 and crinoid like this.
  11. CRG125

CRG125 F1 Rookie

Feb 7, 2005
    Los Angeles, Ca
    Full Name:
    Vivek
    yup his car definitely looked broken:)

12. CRG125

CRG125 F1 Rookie

Feb 7, 2005
    Los Angeles, Ca
    Full Name:
    Vivek
    Yes, especially seeing how Hamilton will struggle against Bottas the next few races. He got his butt handed to him at Melbourne.

stavura and daytona355 like this.
  13. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

If he struggles and Bottas gets the best of him, that's fine with me.
    The excuse given for Hamilton's poor performance was a damaged undertray, but he lost it at the start anyway.
    We will see if that excuse holds up in future.

ricksb, E60 M5, 375+ and 1 other person like this.
  14. Jakuzzi

Jakuzzi Formula 3

Mar 26, 2005
    PR, TX, GV
    Full Name:
    Jaime
    I thought the same. NOW I am confused.

nsxrebel, Nortonious and daytona355 like this.
  15. nsxrebel

nsxrebel Formula 3

Jan 8, 2004
    Mocking another user?? Really?? I posted that because Kraftwerk got a ban unjustly. Looks like nobody here can take a joke and/or are very sensitive. Smfh.

16. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    How was Lewis's floor damaged? He didn't make contact with anyone, did it just break?

Bas likes this.
  17. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    Most of the time floors can get damaged by careless kerb hopping.
    The penalty for not observing track limits ?
    I am not sure in this case.

375+ likes this.
  18. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Just mute any of the people that are trolling. New system works well.

daytona355 and Jakuzzi like this.
  19. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    IMO Lewis lost the race at the start. Bottas was just quicker and opening laps also. Merc said he got the damage around lap 5, but Bottas already had a nice lead then. Then covered for Vettel. The piece missing was really quite small so I really don't buy that that explained 20second deficit. We've seen plenty of times with cars missing huge chunks of wing or indeed floor and ''get on with it''.

The deficit is also explained by Lewis questioning his team regarding strategy....we all know how he gets when he starts questioning the team. gives up etc.

stavura, daytona355, DF1 and 2 others like this.
  20. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    My guess is that due to the loads at that area of the floor, the piece broke off. MB were working on that area of the floor Sunday morning using a heat lamp and some clamps; maybe heating a resin epoxy to cure faster against the carbon fiber floor hence the heat lamp. Maybe it broke off during Quali. So in essence it was a "damaged" floor, MB tried to fix it prior to the race but the curing process did not hold.

As for the 20 sec. deficit relating to the "damaged" piece on the floor, the "squirting" of the tire affects the diffuser. Again, I've seen cars in worst conditions and they still perform well (Seb missing one side of his side pod deflectors after bumping into someone). Once Bottas jumped Lewis at the start, it was all over for Lewis....I was waiting for a switch like in the pits but it did'nt happen.

william, Jakuzzi and 375+ like this.
  21. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    #546 ylshih, Mar 20, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2019
    If you did, then using "RiP" was burying him way too soon given he only got a 1 day ban. :cool:

Were you sending a message to bury him or free him? Ambiguity may simply be construed against you.

We're tired of user's talking about each other rather than F1. Don't want to risk an "unjust" ban? Don't comment on other users.

Timmmmmmmmmmy likes this.
  22. Dino2010

Dino2010 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 20, 2006
    Belgium
    They have a good chance to win the Oliver Cup, though! :D

Image Unavailable, Please Login

375+, william and Jakuzzi like this.
  23. nsxrebel

nsxrebel Formula 3

Jan 8, 2004
    So instead of asking me or warning me, you automatically assumed I was trash talking him. Right.
    Guilty until proven innocent.

Jakuzzi and daytona355 like this.
  24. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    The floor is a red herring, imo. The cynic in me says this is just MB fluffing up VB so he regains some fight and doesn't finish in the weeds like he did last year.

Jakuzzi and ricksb like this.
  25. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    If a user creates an ambiguity then we assume they did so in order to deny it if questioned. We're not going to waste time on that game. Anyway, a 1 day ban IS a warning in F1. :cool:

This is the first race of the season, we'll soon be moving to 1 week then 1 month bans if this first race is an indication of how users are going to act throughout the season.