Ferrari Expo 2019 | FerrariChat

Ferrari Expo 2019

Discussion in 'Collectables, Literature, & Models' started by F1tommy, Feb 21, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    #1 F1tommy, Feb 21, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2019
    Ferrari Club of America Chicago chapter will be doing the Ferrari Expo 2019 art and literature show again this year at Continental Autosports Ferrari on March 16th. As usual they will have a lot of interesting items for sale including original Ferrari brochures and rare books and models. Also on display modern and vintage sportscars. We will again have a model display but no model contest this year. Next year we will bring back the model contest. Here is contact info and a few pictures from previous years.

Show information:

Any questions on table information, please feel free to call or email . 847/ 382-3020 , [email protected]

Hugh R. Ferrari Club Of America Chicago chapter

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
    Today.
    Come by and say hello!

3. ilappassionatodicavallino

Nov 2, 2016
    Texas
    Could someone please identify the silver car in the photo fourth from the top.

4. gt4me

gt4me F1 Veteran

Sep 10, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Lewis Mitchell
    575 GTZ Barchetta.

5. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    Picked up one of these EMC/B&G Duesenberg SJ Arlington 1933 Torpedo sedans J-513 "Twenty Grand" 1/43rd models(limited to 200 and made by hand in the Ukraine to a very high standard ). What a work of art. B&G had a great selection of Bugatti and Duesenberg models for sale, and to say they are rare is a major understatement. Anything EMC makes is absolute top quality. They make BBR's look like toys!! Also one of the rows of cars on display. Met a lot of vintage Ferrari collectors at the show, and that is what I enjoy the most about this show. Amazing some of the great stories you hear.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    I just wish this show took place later in the year when winter weather wasn't a possible issue.

7. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    jm2 likes this.
  8. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
    I did OK. Sold most of my collection of TOFM & Rossa Ferrari, along with several models.
    Still need to sell brochures, books & models next.

9. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Super arrangement as the books and magazines are really heavy and it is a challenge to get the models safely shipped! We don't have a show like that up here...

10. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
    I've been attending this show since it started at the Como Inn in Downtown Chicago, in the late '70's.
    I think the internet killed off most of these shows. I'm attending another one here in the Detroit area for model cars in a few weeks. We'll see if I can sell anything there.
    The net changed everything.
    All the collectors got old!

of2worlds likes this.
  11. ilappassionatodicavallino

Nov 2, 2016
    Texas
    Thank you. It is a beautiful car, in my opinion.

gt4me likes this.
  12. Jean-Pierre Marchand

Jean-Pierre Marchand Formula Junior
    BANNED

Mar 21, 2019
    Mont Royal, QC
    Full Name:
    Just call me J.P.
    A Maserati 5000GT is a rare sight.

13. a.v.d.winkel

a.v.d.winkel Karting

Jun 22, 2004
    Best
    Full Name:
    Arjan van der Winkel
    this car is based upon a 550 maranello, not on the 575 , the later coupes were based upon a 575 chassis

gt4me likes this.