Saw the 458 and 488 side by side for first time | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Saw the 458 and 488 side by side for first time

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by 458italia2014, Oct 6, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. fredhassen

fredhassen Formula Junior

Apr 18, 2015
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    Full Name:
    Fred Hassen

Well there you have it! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Braces

Braces Karting

Mar 24, 2012
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Speaking of those aeroelastic winglets. Anyone ever notice them rubbing on the inside of the front bumper? I noticed it on my neighbor's 458.

3. Ferrari FXX

Ferrari FXX Formula Junior

Jun 27, 2007
    488 front bumper rounded with 458 sides and rear OMG!!!!!

Still prefer my 458 although the 488 is a very sexy good looking car.

4. 458italia2014

458italia2014 Formula 3

Aug 3, 2013
    Haha love this post lol

5. fredhassen

fredhassen Formula Junior

Apr 18, 2015
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    Full Name:
    Fred Hassen

+1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. synergy

synergy Formula Junior

Aug 5, 2007
    Austin Texas
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Well said!

7. 458trofeo

458trofeo F1 Rookie

Feb 4, 2013
    City of Angels
    Full Name:
    101 aki
    This! ^

8. saraojo

saraojo Formula 3

Mar 9, 2015
    Northeast
  9. Corradosv

Corradosv Karting

Oct 17, 2016
    Monaco MC
    Hi,

the day (a couple of weeks ago) I went to collect my 458 Spider to our local Ferrari dealer, there was a 488 next to it. It was white, mine is Rosso Corsa and that is the color I like; the one to me for a Ferrari since I was a kid.
    I didn't really CHOOSE the 458, but frankly speaking a 2012 used one was the one I could afford, so I really didn't consider +100HP but turbo, noise, Pininfarina/Ferrari or things like that, I just went for the latest (cabriolet) model I could afford, as I believe this is the safest way for me as a Ferrari newbie, despite maybe I like the F430 more than both...
    Color apart, as someone else said, of course it is a subjective matter but for what it matters (not a lot to me) I don't think there is any argument on with of the two is the most recent model... for sure the 458 looks a bit dated when side-by-side to the 488. I can't tell why, and not necessarily bad to me, but I don't believe this specific aspect may be considered as "subjective". When it comes to looks it is very difficult for me to say "better" or "worse", but if you isolate some of the look factors, no doubt the 488 looks more modern and more aggressive.
    As for the triple exhaust tips for me on one side they are for sure a sort of unmistakeable trademark, and have more "personality" that the twin Speciale/488 solution, but on the other hand (don't kill me for this) they don't have a big technical "meaning" on a V8, so I am not sure with one I like more to have... Call me old, but to me I still like 4 pipes and 4 rear lights the best on a Ferrari...

Just my opinion, of course.

10. Tylere

Tylere Rookie

Mar 19, 2019
    Full Name:
    Tylere Brennan
    Did you ever figure out why the winglets were sagging and making contact with the inner part of the front bumper? I am seeing this on a current car I am looking at and wanted to know what the result was? Thanks!

11. ArtOnWheels

ArtOnWheels Rookie

Sep 11, 2018
    Full Name:
    Full Name
    Lovedriving likes this.