Factory Warranty $7k for 12 months | FerrariChat

Factory Warranty $7k for 12 months

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by msgm1, Apr 7, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. msgm1

msgm1 Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2003
    NYC
    For all you guys that drive your FF a lot have you considered the factory extended warranty?

I’m told it’s pretty extensive in its coverage and can be put on any car up to its 15th anniversary.

$7k isn’t cheap but I guess could be money well spent if you drive your car and have any issues, unlimited mileage in the 12 months.

SAFE4NOW and AClark like this.
  2. AMN

AMN Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 27, 2018
    NYC, Minneapolis, Bozeman
    Full Name:
    A M N
    If I still own GTC4Lusso on its 3 year birthday, I will be adding it.

SAFE4NOW and SonomaRik like this.
  3. vraa

vraa F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Mr. A
    It should be pretty negotiable on price

I think it's ~4500$ for 24 mo

SAFE4NOW and Natkingcolebasket69 like this.
  4. msgm1

msgm1 Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2003
    NYC
    Interesting, why do you think its negotiable?

I don't believe it is negotiable on price or duration.

However if you know this to be different please tell...

Mike Morrissey likes this.
  5. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    i think its 7500 per year. not sure why it wld be negotiable. 2250 a year wld be a no brainer - at 7500 a year not so much

anunakki and otakki like this.
  6. Eric360

Eric360 Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 11, 2010
    San Francisco, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    I think $4500 is for V8s. I've always been told it's $6500 per year for V12s.

SAFE4NOW and Sav35 like this.
  7. Potenza430

Potenza430 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 26, 2012
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Just renewed the Power Normal warranty on my 599 for one year. The cost is $5760.00 non negotiable.

SAFE4NOW and RamsHmb like this.
  8. RamsHmb

RamsHmb Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 22, 2017
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    James
    I have a ‘15 with just under 20k miles. I am on my second year (just). Given our miles I would rather be safe than sorry. I have a great relationship w my dealer and if it were negotiable I think they would have taken care of me. We bought ours for just under 400 new so relatively speaking its not horrible ;)

Potenza430 likes this.
  9. vraa

vraa F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Mr. A
    When I was asking around for new power warranty on FF different dealers quoted me different prices, one dealer even told me that Ferrari NA was now paying for the first 12 mo of the new power warranty making the 24 mo a better deal

Perhaps it's different when you're buying the car vs already owning the car

My paper work shows a blank line area for the purchase price of the agreement and 4500 written for the 24 month portion

Another dealer told me the same 24 month new power warranty for V12 was 8000

My understanding is also the car must be inspected and it's highly suggested to do the inspection at your local/regional Ferrari dealer and thus buy the warranty through them too - which kinda limits the negotiation leverage one might have

I agree with @ttforcefed ~2200$/yr no brainer, 7k$/yr no thanks.

SAFE4NOW and timjen88 like this.
  10. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    just confirmed - $6500 for one year as per my dealer.

11. 'Trust'

'Trust' Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 31, 2012
    I have done it on my previous F cars and on my Lusso. It's worth the peace of mind. The way I see it, is it worth $7k for me to not have to feel like I have to go easy on the car or be worried anytime it makes a weird noise or quirk? Absolutely. So, instead of that, I just drive them like they were meant to be driven without a concern.

SAFE4NOW likes this.
  12. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    spending 20k over 3 years on a car you drive 15k miles makes no sense....

Graz, Mbutner, SAFE4NOW and 5 others like this.
  13. Eric360

Eric360 Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 11, 2010
    San Francisco, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    If I remember correctly, the warranty doesn't cover leaks like oil leaks and such. It doesn't cover every single problem that could occur. Read it carefully....

SAFE4NOW, turbo-joe and otakki like this.
  14. otakki

otakki Formula 3

Mar 24, 2016
    Dealerships buy warranties at wholesale price and sell them at a profit to buyers. That's why warranties price varies and thus negotiable. It's that way with other carmakers and their dealerships, and I don't think it would be any different for Ferrari.

Graz and turbo-joe like this.
  15. TurboDoc

TurboDoc Rookie

Apr 8, 2018
    Full Name:
    BKB
    I purchased the Ferrari two year full warranty extension (not new power) and I believe I paid 12k since I bought both years up front. I disagree with the comment that it doesn’t make sense.

9 weeks at the dealer with three electronic parts, plus hours of labor and transportation $800 each way paid by Ferrari. Car returned to dealer after being in my hands for 1 week. Again Ferrari paying for everything including the truck. With $3,200 in transportation alone I’m positive I’m ahead in year 1. Should nothing go wrong in year 2 of the full warranty extension I might be net negative but psychologically it is nice knowing that anything including the electronic issues I’ve encountered are covered.

I’m not positive the new power 15 would have covered this but I’m buying it when my current extension nears its expiration.

SAFE4NOW likes this.
  16. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    #16 Solid State, Apr 9, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2019
    Yes. But I've spend about that in the last five years with less than one third the miles! Even started this thread last week to enquire about the changes in 2019 to the warranty program:

https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/ferrari-new-power-warranty-updated-changes.597766/#post-146548379

So I guess after the two year extension you go year by year on New Power for $6500 V12 (MSRP) but if you had a gap then its Power15 with less coverage? I think it depends on if your at year 6 or year 7. Still not sure what options are available. No its not worth it but neither is spending half a million on a depreciating asset. With no WSM what's a boy to do?

17. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Well thats easy - fix it when it breaks. And to your point - if u can pay 400k for a car u shld br able to take the risk something might break. Keep it simple.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SAFE4NOW likes this.
  18. vjd3

vjd3 F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2005
    Massachusetts
    Full Name:
    Vic
    I think extending the bumper-to-bumper new car warranty for two years (has to be done before the original warranty expires) is well worth it. The extended warranty after the fact is not as comprehensive, and offers potential outs -- it doesn't cover "leaks," so, let's say you're leaking oil into your coolant at a heat exchanger, or the evaporator fails and is leaking refrigerant, is that still going to be covered? I see that more as self-insuring against a catastrophic issue with the transmission, for example, which would cost far more to replace than the warranty does, although some dealerships can repair them now. But I tend to drive my cars 6-8k miles per year, if I were driving a few hundred a year, the calculation is different. Some people say take the money for the warranty, put it in an index fund and only use it if something breaks. But peace of mind is worth something, as well.

I bought the two-year extension from Steve at Boardwalk in Dallas a couple years ago -- SAFE4NOW is his handle here -- he offered a discount and I saved the sales tax, too, being out of state.

SAFE4NOW likes this.
  19. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    When I bought my car in 2013 I looked at the extended warranty. I don't remember the cost, but $6500 sounds right. So to date I would have paid $39,000. Since then I had a sway bar bushing go and replacing both bushings cost me $675, and I had to have a cracked RH fuel pump replaced at $1690. And I'm not even sure if either of those events would have been covered under the extended warranty.

I do understand that some people have a low risk tolerance and if paying for the warranty let's you sleep at night, then it is worth every penny to you. However, almost always on almost any product, an extended warranty is a bad deal. If you bought one and it paid off in spades, good for you!

I may be lucky, but I am way ahead of the game. (BTW, I bought the car with 4400 miles and I'm now at 35,100, so I drive the car).

SAFE4NOW, LuxLife458 and timjen88 like this.
  20. baguns

baguns Karting

Sep 19, 2012
    Yorba Linda, CA
    I got a CPO 2013 FF from authorized Ferrari dealer last month. I was told that Ferrari was having a special - buy one year power warranty and they’ll give you another year warranty for free, so I got 2 years warranty for around $5500, which was a no brainer for me. I asked if i could buy more years warranty at this price and answer was no. Basically when/if I want to renew the warranty after 2 years, I have to take the car into Ferrari for an inspection (which would cost $1000) and if the inspection looks good then i could buy additional warranty.

I have no idea if there really was a special from Ferrari, or that was the dealerships way of selling the warranty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SAFE4NOW likes this.
  21. AMN

AMN Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 27, 2018
    NYC, Minneapolis, Bozeman
    Full Name:
    A M N
    Just confirmed with a dealer. $13,500 for 24mo Ferrari Bumper-to-bumper extension of the factory warranty. This is for a v12 GTC4lusso.

SAFE4NOW likes this.
  22. vraa

vraa F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Mr. A
    Bumper to bumper is different from the new power warranty though, from my understading

SAFE4NOW likes this.
  23. TurboDoc

TurboDoc Rookie

Apr 8, 2018
    Full Name:
    BKB
    Yes it’s an extension of the new car warranty. Pretty sure I paid 12,500 last year on my FF for a 2 year warranty extension so that sounds about right. I’m glad I did it but I get it that some see this as too much money for a little peace of mind.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

SAFE4NOW likes this.
  24. ANOpax

ANOpax Formula 3

Jul 1, 2015
    The Netherlands
    New power is different to the extension of new car warranty.

I had new power on my FF. It didn’t cover a broken fuel pump - which is kind of understandable. But it also didn’t cover my manual gearbox override which also broke. That does pi$$ me off.

The fuel pump cost nearly $4k to fix. The gearbox override remains broken as it’s a gearbox out job.

This year I’ve decided to self insure.

SAFE4NOW likes this.
  25. msgm1

msgm1 Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2003
    NYC
    Now I know a 911 is not an FF, for sure...

But I had my 2013 991 Carrera S Cab in to get its summer tires on today, car has 67k miles as so far has been flawless pretty much. I asked the service manager if they would be able to put a warranty on the car and he said no problem. Four years or 48k miles for $8200, he said the coverage is pretty much the same as you get from a CPO'd Porsche. I was surprised at how reasonable that was, so by the end of the warrant period my 911 would be 10 years old or have c125k miles on it.

What do you guys think?

otakki likes this.