Cost to replace Brake pads and rotors on a 360 ? | FerrariChat

Cost to replace Brake pads and rotors on a 360 ?

Discussion in '360/430' started by sparetireless, Apr 10, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. sparetireless

sparetireless Formula 3

Nov 2, 2003
    I just paid $3713 at the dealer for all OEM parts,

4 rotors
    8 pads
    labor

what have other people paid to have this done at a shop using OEM parts dealer or otherwise?

I'm 360 Canuck likes this.
  2. timwu12

timwu12 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2014
    TX
    $3713....yikes

I'm 360 Canuck likes this.
  3. F-Serge

F-Serge Formula 3

Aug 3, 2004
    UAE
    Full Name:
    Serge
    I had mine done back in 2015, but from memory paid around $110 per disc and around $700 for pads front and rear, just over $1k all up

4. sparetireless

sparetireless Formula 3

Nov 2, 2003

5. wbt

wbt Karting

Nov 28, 2014
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Wayne
    Unfortunately it looks like you got done badly. Looking at superformance UK the cost for genuine parts is GBP907 (USD 1187) - so that leaves over $2000 for labor! It's a 2 hour job max. I could do it in 1.

If you go for aftermarket parts (still brembo disc just not ferrari badged, and after market pads) parts cost is GBP500 (USD650).

Name and shame the dealer I say.

whatheheck and jcurry like this.
  6. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    I believe the pads cross reference w another lower cost platform , Dodge Viper I think. W a little research and diy... this is a sub $1k job , perhaps even sub $700 if diy.

7. mike01606

mike01606 Formula Junior

Feb 21, 2012
    Cheshire UK
    Full Name:
    Mike M
    In the U.K. you can buy OEM Brembo discs for £60 without the centres painted.
    OEM pads are ~£130 a set. I think it’s Jaguar XK pads that are the same and they are about £30 - £50 a set for Brembo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

whatheheck and one4torque like this.
  8. mike32

mike32 F1 Veteran

May 13, 2016
    Isle of man- uk
    Good god thats crackers- check the Eurospares or Super-performance sites in the uk . That is way over the top for a simple job

9. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    I consider that dealership welfare donation.. maybe you can deduct that charitable donation on your taxes. Sorry bout that.

They really do take advantage of people.

RANDY6005 likes this.
  10. brookliner7

brookliner7 Formula Junior

May 5, 2018
    San Antonio, TX
    Full Name:
    Hans
    With the Advent of the telephone and the internet, why didn't you just make some phone calls or do a simple Google search before you okay'd the job?
    You could have posted this before you gave the green light, not after.

I really don't see why these kind of problems are still happening this day and age, there's so much information at your fingertips, you just have to take a second to reach out and get it.

Sounds like a $3,000 painful lesson, hopefully this won't happen again in the future. Good luck,

LightGuy likes this.
  11. CarAholic

CarAholic Formula Junior

May 10, 2016
    Yea easily under a grand if done by others, way under that if you diy

12. billy.gif

billy.gif Formula Junior

Mar 9, 2017
    Finland
    Do you have any more info on this, sire? Model year etc.

13. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    Where are you going to get 4 rotors and 2 sets of quality pads for "way" under $1000

2NA and Skidkid like this.
  14. CarAholic

CarAholic Formula Junior

May 10, 2016
    4 rotors (Brembo) @ $85 = $340
    Front Pads (Brembo) = $142.00
    Rear Pads (Pagid) = $68.00
    Total w/o shipping and tax = $550
    Shipping and tax would probably take it a little above 6. I’d say that’s well under $1,000 and all from super-performance (no affiliation)

imahorse, JariT, Zcobra1 and 2 others like this.
  15. CarAholic

CarAholic Formula Junior

May 10, 2016
    Just realized that was for a 360 too so the front pads can be had for even cheaper by Brembo. Of course we can get track pads for more but if it’s just street driving the Brembo s are more then enough paid wise.

16. Rifledriver

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    From?

2NA and Drestless like this.
  17. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Rifledriver likes this.
  18. Rifledriver

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    I know the seller and they are good people but like almost all the aftermarket suppliers these days they have good parts and they have junk put in stock for price shoppers. I was just talking to them the other day telling them one of their products was crap.

You don't always get what you pay for but when you pay garbage prices you get garbage parts.

2NA, Skidkid and f355spider like this.
  19. Rifledriver

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    I never understood buying a Ferrari and compromising it by using junk parts. If you are that cheap buy a Yaris.

Bhh, 2NA and DRAGANFERRARI like this.
  20. mike01606

mike01606 Formula Junior

Feb 21, 2012
    Cheshire UK
    Full Name:
    Mike M
    No as I wouldn’t use them. I was sent a set I bought off eBay as genuine OEM 360 pads.
    The label had been removed and I looked into it a bit farther and sent them back.
    My local dealer can give me a really good price on OEM pads so why bother with cheap.

21. Bob in Makiki

Bob in Makiki Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 30, 2017
    Honolulu
    Having work done on an older Ferrari like our 360s is expensive when it is done at the dealership. Many on this forum find it too expensive, and I understand that. I prefer having such work done at the dealership, and I am willing to pay for it. Moreover, our dealership here in Honolulu is probably a little more expensive than some mainland dealerships, due to a variety of factors. That's OK; I'm still willing to pay for it.

The prior owner of my car had the front brake pads only replaced on my 360 at a well regarded mainland Ferrari dealership in 2015. Parts were $375, labor $250. That plus full service (all fluids but no belts, etc.) ran about $3375. I don't know what was involved in your brake work, and you might want to ask your dealership for a further explanation -- it could have been more complicated that some here are assuming. Or maybe not.

I understand the perspective of others regarding the high expense of dealer maintenance. But I still prefer to have my maintenance done at the dealership, and I am willing to pay for it. So, in my book, you did things exactly as I would have done. Go talk to your dealer if you have concerns, however. They should be able to answer any questions you may have.

22. Skidkid

Skidkid F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 25, 2005
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    John Zornes
    And THIS is the basis of my comment in another thread about the great divergence that is happening between well maintained and the rolling junk that is happening.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

Rifledriver likes this.
  23. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    From what I've seen, and in my case, the parts that go on my car are the exact parts that were in the car from the factory...but very few came in the little horsey box that goes in the trash anyway. So are you saying that the boxes affect the quality if the parts? It's 100% possible to do a full brake/rotor job in a 360 for under 1000, using all OEM parts, and I have done that. I feel sorry for the OP if he paid 4 grand for that, but the idea that overpaying= better quality/value is ridiculous.

UrbanHero, imahorse, RedTaxi and 3 others like this.