Cost to replace Brake pads and rotors on a 360 ? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Cost to replace Brake pads and rotors on a 360 ?

Discussion in '360/430' started by sparetireless, Apr 10, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    Retail owner vs diy. It’s all good if you get the fuzzy feel good from dropping 3 large for something that can be done for 1/3.

Learn to diy and save some $$. And get to know your car.

imahorse, jcurry and brookliner7 like this.
  2. Skidkid

Skidkid F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 25, 2005
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    John Zornes
    Not saying that. And F does some poor quality stuff. BUT a lot of threads here extols their “cheaper” way to do it but are actually cutting corners. Rotors, pads, and fluids to do a brake job will cost almost all of the 1k and that assumes typical stuff, not track capable. That isn’t ‘way under’

Think about all of the poor advice there is from some re the F1. AND all of those trying to diy without a computer. It is a disaster waiting to happen.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

3. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    And... I doubt the 360 was produced in large enough qty’s for fake parts to be put on the market. Those guys focus on big vol Marques models.

But if the fear of fake parts makes you feel better about the f tax then by all means.

Just beware of that margin being enjoyed by your trusted mechanic.

360 brakes are not super high performance exotic parts.

All imho. Happy motoring gents.

I'm 360 Canuck and brookliner7 like this.
  4. CarAholic

CarAholic Formula Junior

May 10, 2016
    Super performance UK

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bellwilliam likes this.
  5. CarAholic

CarAholic Formula Junior

May 10, 2016
    At the same token I don’t understand overspending for no reason at all. All the parts I listed are the oem Brembo parts. If you want to throw money away go for it but your not getting any better parts.

6. CarAholic

CarAholic Formula Junior

May 10, 2016
    Listed all parts above for 600 so yes way under a grand and all oem Brembo parts.

bellwilliam likes this.
  7. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    What BS.

2NA likes this.
  8. CarAholic

CarAholic Formula Junior

May 10, 2016
    You can spread as much dis-information as you like and over pay as much as you want. The truth is you can do it cheaper with the exact same parts. A lot of us got to the point were we are at because we don’t carelessly overspend. Now if your trying to be king dick and impress everyone because you like to pay more for the same parts congratulations to you. Curious since you have all this excess cash why did you get into the everyday mans ferrari and not a brand new one.
    Just saying the people that are being smart with their money and like to do work themselves shouldn’t be put down. Buying the exact same oem parts and doing the work themselves are somehow not properly taking care of their cars is BS.

9. BAD430BENZ

BAD430BENZ Formula Junior

May 13, 2014
    EL PASO , TX
    Full Name:
    JASON
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Drestless and one4torque like this.
  10. whatheheck

whatheheck F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 27, 2006
    Seattle, Wa
    Full Name:
    Dan L.
    I'm due for brake replacement too on my F430.

I was quoted $4K by the dealer last week, front and rear.

Similar to member CarAholic, I did my homework. I bought all my brake parts from SuperFormanceUk for about $1K and I will do all the work myself. No affiliation.

They are Brembo and not junk.

I understand 360 brake parts are same as F430 but always do your own research to be sure.

http://www.superformance.co.uk/360/brakes.html

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

11. 3pedal360

3pedal360 Rookie

Jan 11, 2013
    Yeah I support all the DIY guys on this site. If you’ve paid for the car do what you want with it, it’s more admirable that someone wants to get in and turn a wrench to get to know their car and saving money is a bonus. As people have mentioned above you see more poor quality production car parts like Bmw ford Chevy etc than anything else. Over the years we’ve ordered so many parts through the “factory” and have been defective right off the shelf. Small example, the sticky sh** all over the interior parts, are you going to clean it off for a few bucks or are you going to order another factory ashtray for a ridiculous $400 from the factory that has already had the same coating start to break down? Dealers have a “quoted” time that their book says it should take and I’ve seen it time and time again the job is completed in half to a third of the time but they will still charge you the full time they think it should take. Not all dealers are bad but most aren’t great, most aftermarket parts are for the better in my opinion. Spend 8k dollars on factory junk headers that may last me 15k miles and or have cat material come loose and destroy my engine or spend 3k dollars on high quality aftermarket? As far as brakes I prefer porter-field longer life, less brake dust than brembo and less squeal. Installed many of them and pads were generally a few hundred all the way around. Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

brookliner7 and whatheheck like this.
  12. zone1

zone1 Rookie

Feb 9, 2018
    SF Bay
    Wow the Superformance rotor prices are crazy cheap. I paid around $200 per rotor when I replaced my brakes a few months ago.

I wasn't happy with the braking performance of the OEM pads that were on the car, so decided to go with some upgraded street/track pads. Went with Pagid RS29 for the rears which were $320 and the Girodisc S/S for the fronts which were $200. The Girodisc S/S are pretty squeaky, I should have just gone with the Pagid RS29 for the fronts also but wanted to experiment with something different.

All in, it was about $1400 for just parts. There was also $60 for SRF brake fluid. If I had known about the Superformance rotor prices, that would have saved a few hundred dollars. If I went with cheaper pads, that could save another couple hundred. I could see a brake job being under $1k if you're DIYing but not by much.

bellwilliam likes this.
  13. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    What in particular was inaccurate with my statement? Do we not have a Brembo brake system, made by Brembo in our cars?

Do Brembo and Bosch have factories that makes Ferrari-specific parts with a more rigorous QC process and stamps them with the exact same part number and puts them in a yellow box?

Is the Pennzoil 5w-40 Euro from the Ferrari dealer a different formula than the Pennzoil 5w-40 Euro at Advance Auto parts?

I've always respected your input here but, if someone is going to reply to something I say with "what BS", I think it's only logical to ask what exactly is "BS" with my statement.

14. Bob in Makiki

Bob in Makiki Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 30, 2017
    Honolulu
    As I wrote above, I appreciate the folks on the forum that do their own work and take the time to share it with others. But for many reasons I prefer to take my car to the dealer. I don't appreciate, however, being told that I am "trying to be king dick" for that decision. As to why I got into the "everyday man's Ferrari" the answer is easy: I like the 360! I think the 360/430 cars are some of the most beautiful that Ferrari has ever made, and I love the sound of the 360 5 valve engine.

So, I certainly agree with the idea that people who like to do work themselves shouldn't be put down -- I admire them! But I would respectfully request that those of you who do your own work not assume that I am either arrogant or an idiot for taking my car to the dealership. Please.

15. CarAholic

CarAholic Formula Junior

May 10, 2016
    Apologize that you took it towards you but it was not directed at you. It was directed at rifledriver that’s why I quoted him. I understand people wanting to get it done at the dealer as some just do t want to be bothered. It was just him stating that anything not done by over paying or doing it yourself was ruining the cars.

whatheheck and Bob in Makiki like this.
  16. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    brian isnt an amateur - he knows his stuff - we shld give him the opportunity to elaborate.

17. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    Exactly what I did. I give Brian the benefit of the doubt most all the time, and just defended him in another thread, but if someone says nothing more than what I said is "BS", then I do think a little elaboration should be deserved and expected. Just saying "BS" doesn't qualify actual facts.

18. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    I also wldnt be shocked if brembo parts of ebay aren’t authentic. After market car parts is prob a ripe one for counterfeits.

Skidkid likes this.
  19. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    Just do research...these guys are like a Rockauto in the UK, have no doubt that they are legit

20. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    what was the breakout for rotors and pads?

21. bart12

bart12 Formula 3

Nov 6, 2008
    The River runs through it
    Full Name:
    MD Leo
    Money doesnt grow on trees.
    If you can save money then by all means.
    The above repairs are consummables. Brembo and Pagid are not junk parts.
    I wont buy batteries from ferrari either.

Now if the difference is a few hundred dollars, Ill get the OEM parts.

Maybe outsourced OEM parts and have my friendly neighborhood indi mechanic install it is another option. I can do it myself but I am too busy.

DefunctNeurons likes this.
  22. I'm 360 Canuck

I'm 360 Canuck Formula 3

Nov 21, 2015
    Ontario, The Real One in Canada
    Full Name:
    Lars!
    Just diy’d my own brakes.
    Well under $1000 for Brembo rotors, EBC pads, fluids, assorted other supplies and a few tools to get the job done.
    I prob could’ve saved a bit more if I went with different pads, but not sweating it since I saved on labor. Savings will pay for the Quickjack I used to do the job ;)

23. mike01606

mike01606 Formula Junior

Feb 21, 2012
    Cheshire UK
    Full Name:
    Mike M
    These are £66 each inc taxes in the UK checking just now......I’ve used them front and back and they are definitely genuine as they come from the largest seller of car parts in the UK.

You just need to degrease them and paint the non-friction surface parts with zinc primer.
    4 of these with two sets of OEM pads is <£550 in the UK......Less if you use non-OEM pads.

The Superperformance OEM painted ones are a very good price also and will be genuine.

I'm 360 Canuck and whatheheck like this.
  24. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    Mike- thx for sharing.

I’ve never seen so much defensiveness when people try to help u save some $... or save some $$$.

whatheheck likes this.
  25. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    Just occurred to me that I didn't post the link in my last response. THESE guys are like the Rockauto of UK. No reason to believe that anything they sell isn't genuine. Non-painted centers and no Ferrari box, but the same rotor nonetheless.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2x-Brake-Disc-Set-Pair-Perforated-Vented-330mm-Ferrari-360-Brembo-09-7267-50/401227768362?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

www.carpartssaver.co.uk

whatheheck likes this.