Hamilton thinks Ferrari isn't reaching its full potential | FerrariChat

Hamilton thinks Ferrari isn't reaching its full potential

Discussion in 'F1' started by aaronrgonz, Apr 18, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. aaronrgonz

aaronrgonz Karting
    Miami 2018

Apr 17, 2018
    Full Name:
    Aaron Gonzales
    “I think with what we have we are operating at its full potential, but there will be more performance improvements to come in the future, we will make steps forward."

https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/news/793

I'm 360 Canuck likes this.
  2. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    He is probably right. They seem clueless.

3. subirg

subirg F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2003
    Cheshire
    Love him or hate him, it’s hard to disagree on this one. Ferrari currently look like fools. We have a good enough car to get the job done, but we haven’t.

ATBNM3, william and I'm 360 Canuck like this.
  4. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    The scary thing is Mercedes will keep making adjustments to stay ahead of Ferrari.

Hambone's mental fortitude is such that once he gains momentum and gets in a groove, he rarely looks back as has been the case during his best driving stretches over the past couple seasons.

Furthermore, he shows no sign of fatigue while battling from the front this season.

With Ferrari in disarray, they better hope Bottles bogarts points from Hambone.

william, DF1 and cairns like this.
  5. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    That only leaves WDC in play, but sets WCC completely in the Merc camp.

william likes this.
  6. dwhite

dwhite F1 Rookie

FUBAR RI: a state of being in utter chaos and still believing you're doing well.

subirg likes this.
  7. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    NB. Merc let Bottas win against Lewis the 5X WDC....no team orders, no games, whoever fastest takes it !

Why are Ferrari so scared to do this ? It hasn't worked for the last 12 years.

ATBNM3, william, SWB and 1 other person like this.
  8. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    Yeah right, Mercedes never had team orders for the wingman... :rolleyes:

F2003-GA, stavura and daytona355 like this.
  9. Ferrari 308 GTB

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    They did, but normally only when Bottas was not in contention for the WDC .One of those times they ordered Lewis through ,then Lewis gave it back when he couldn't improve on what Bottas was doing.

ATBNM3, ktu, william and 1 other person like this.
  10. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    See...they did exactly the same thing except that Ferrari was not able to switch back when Max pitted. The difference: Mercedes is praised for their cleverness and Ferrari cursed for being "too Italian", hilarious. It is easy to let them race when you get 1-2 anyway, but I guess as you do not like "the mental midget" anyway you do not care....

daytona355 likes this.
  11. cairns

cairns Formula Junior

Nov 13, 2003
    Potomac MD
    Full Name:
    George Williams
    Some people will say anything to defend that loser Vettel and the ridiculous team orders that cost us a position.

ATBNM3, Surfah, william and 3 others like this.
  12. Ferrari 308 GTB

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    I am not praising or cursing anyone ,just stating some fact and my opinion.as for mental midget i have no idea what you are talking about, it is also none of your business who /what i do or do not like/care about .

So please go pick an argument with some other victim ...i simply cannot be bothered to waste my time .Bye.

ATBNM3, william and DF1 like this.
  13. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    Cool, you do not even remember the posts you like a few hours later....
    Cool, that is what I call a base for a communication in a public forum....considering your post count and the amount of bashing against Seb in recent posts I guess "wasting your time" does not seem to be a bigger problem to you ;) But bye as well...

14. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Translation

Once again Merc did a 1st class job in Sandbagging in pre-season.

ATBNM3, william and DF1 like this.
  15. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    well earned. There is an endless list of excuses from him. It isn't our kind of track. Could not find the balance all weekend. The tires didn't come in. I made a mistake and overcooked it. Poor starts and then tried to get it all back on the first corner. Too much attention paid to 'turning down the engine' and just cruising around. Is this a car race with passing or a parade?
    Seb looked like he was having more fun when he was driving the Monza SP2...

ATBNM3, Surfah, william and 2 others like this.
  16. cairns

cairns Formula Junior

Nov 13, 2003
    Potomac MD
    Full Name:
    George Williams
  17. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

The only victim in the saga of Vettel is Vettel. All self caused except for the strategy calls on the pit wall. He controls the start and on track moves. His mistakes are with the highest cost. Another less than polished year is going to more than prove how utterly over rated he is. Rosberg is far better and so is Massa LOL :)

ATBNM3, Surfah, william and 3 others like this.
  18. DF1

I’m also unable to recall when Vettel was an effective wheel to wheel driver. His lack of craft in that regime is hurting Ferrari and himself.

ATBNM3, Surfah, william and 1 other person like this.
  19. bmwracer

bmwracer Formula Junior

Mar 2, 2004
    Toronto
    He is a world class driver but wheel to wheel racing is his Achilles heel

Nortonious and william like this.
  20. DF1

Along with poorly timed, early in a race moves that could wait a touch instead of lap 1 spins etc

ATBNM3, Surfah and william like this.
  21. itschris

itschris Formula 3

Sep 15, 2011
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Chris
    When you’re pissed at someone, it’s easy to forget their talent and what they’ve done. Seb has had some pretty incredible wheel to wheel driving where he has shown his craft. I think it’s a bit silly to say he sucks and is worthless anymore than it is to say Lewis has success only because of Merc. I think a big part of Sebs mistakes come from trying too hard because he knows his team will fail him. Ferrari have proven they are no match strategy-wise or any other”wise” compared to Merc. That confidence translates to the track... to how the drivers perform. If he knows or doesn’t believe his team can effectively make the right calls to put him in the best position to win... he knows he has to take risks to win against a dominant rival.

22. DF1

FA had the talent to simply drive to the maximum and make the right moves at the right time. This is not Vettel. His last 2 years do not show the talent you allude to.

ATBNM3 and Surfah like this.
  23. subirg

subirg F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2003
    Cheshire
    True. Yet neither won a wdc with Ferrari. At the end of the day, it’s pointless throwing Vettel the beer the bus because of the teams failings. Wrong victim.

24. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Hire Alonso, retain Charles, get Mick under a precontract agreement..... and get the ****ing car sorted out once and for all. Sorry Seb, but while I appreciate you are a good driver, at least a match for Elton on your day, you aren’t able to drive around issues and shortcomings, nor make strategy decisions from the cockpit like Alonso can, so while Ferrari can’t organise a piss up at a brewery, we can’t use all your talents. Come back when we have a dominant car and a team of strategists that don’t act like it’s their first day at the track

ATBNM3 and DF1 like this.
  25. itschris

itschris Formula 3

Sep 15, 2011
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I guess I'll never see Alonso as the deity that you and others make him out to be. Vettel is not perfect and is not free from blame. But to suggest he's not talented driver puts with all the other statements like "Lewis sucks, Alonso sucks, everyone sucks" etc. But that's how things go here.

P.Singhof, Bas and william like this.