Testarossa Price Trends | Page 101 | FerrariChat

Testarossa Price Trends

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by Mr.Chairman, Dec 9, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. WestCoasta

WestCoasta Karting
    BANNED

May 18, 2016
    california
    The owner passed away and the widow sold it. I think it went to a broker who probably over emphasized the major that it needed. The previous owner was a mechanic so the car was in great shape. Im thinking it basically went for wholesale... $70+ a major puts it right in the hunt (on the low end...but it did have 40k mi) at retail. I think she should have got $10k more but im sure given the circumstances, she was happy for it to sell quickly.

The irony is this car belonged to my grandmothers husband's brother. He was telling me the story the day it sold.... too bad i didnt ask earlier

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  2. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Great story!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WestCoasta likes this.
  3. Zeff

Zeff Formula Junior

Oct 8, 2018
    Cupertino, Ca
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    I would say realistically if you want one sooner than later you’d have to be willing to pay between 200k-225k depending upon condition and miles of course. I don’t think you would be able to get one for less. I think if your willing to spend that kind of money you would be able to find one. If you try to buy one for less than 200k with low miles I think it will be challenging.

4. Nine9Three

Nine9Three Karting

Oct 24, 2017
    Oregon
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Do you think there would be significant difference in selling price, given the year of the 512TR all things being equal?

5. Zeff

Zeff Formula Junior

Oct 8, 2018
    Cupertino, Ca
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    #2505 Zeff, Apr 23, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2019
    It would probably be a 30-50k difference, again depending upon the car and the deal you are able to put together and or find. Most importantly you will likely have less leverage when negotiating or putting a deal together. I think if you were buying an early year you could possibly get a better deal on a car. Just my opinion. Now is the time to try and buy one of these cars because the market is a little soft right now but that will change at some point. That’s why I decided to buy now instead of waiting and having to pay more later. Plus I wanted the car now. If you were willing to buy a testarossa instead you could save a little more money if that is important. I like both and would take either one at this point. When that blue testarossa came up for sale at mecum with 5k miles I really wanted that car too. I told my wife I’ll have to buy another one down the road so get prepared.

6. Nine9Three

Nine9Three Karting

Oct 24, 2017
    Oregon
    Full Name:
    Tom
    For me at least, it has to be a 512TR. The improvements both mechanically and aesthetically are paramount.

7. Zeff

Zeff Formula Junior

Oct 8, 2018
    Cupertino, Ca
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Well like I always say others have got theirs now it’s time to get mine.

JPMD and xplodee like this.
  8. Natkingcolebasket69

So the BAT tr is now at 1988. Of course friends of the seller said it’s amazing and the seller said it’s a 1 car as in perfect car. I wonder why then they waited 1 year to sell it and had no interest in it, is there réserve too high?

9. Zeff

Zeff Formula Junior

Oct 8, 2018
    Cupertino, Ca
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Let’s assume for the benefit of the seller that the car is cosmetically and mechanically perfect with good service history. If it is the car is certainly worth what it is bid to now. The reason it hasn’t sold for a year is because the seller hasn’t agreed to sell the car at market- let’s see if the car meets reserve and sells. Right now The car has not met reserve. The seller is even claiming that we are a quite a ways away. I don’t remember what he had the car listed for before. But if he thinks it’s worth 150k+ he’s way out of line. I just don’t know where he was at originally. The question becomes will he sell it at market or is he reaching for the moon still. I don’t know we will have to wait and see.

10. Natkingcolebasket69

Car was at 125k on their website

11. Zeff

Zeff Formula Junior

Oct 8, 2018
    Cupertino, Ca
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    #2511 Zeff, Apr 24, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2019
    He just has the car listed on his site. So two problems, the car is a little bit on the high side based on the mileage and not Being current on the service and has limited exposure. So any reasonable buyer if he buys it at 125k plus 20k for major puts you at 145k. I know you can do it for less but you have to look at worst case scenario. What happens if it needs a bunch of extras while the major is being done. I would plan for the worst and peg the major at 20k (would cover you for tires too or misc). That way I’m covered. 145k all in makes it way out of wack. If the major was done, and the miles were lower maybe 15k or less I could see paying 125k. Not 125k in need of a major with 27k miles. That’s not very compelling of a price for that scenario. I got a fair deal on my car I deducted 20k from the asking price based on the major not being current. I have already spent 3500.00 for new tires and all fluids changed. I will do the major within 6 months and will budget for 15-20k. Will probably cost 10k but who knows. I go in with an open check book. If it needs anything I’m repairing it. I love that car!

12. Zeff

Zeff Formula Junior

Oct 8, 2018
    Cupertino, Ca
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    If that car sells right now at between 88k to 90k let’s say that’s a fair price when you tack on the 20k for service and incidentals. You’d be at 108-110k range all in. That’s fair.

13. Natkingcolebasket69

With 1 day to go it is bound to reach higher. Purist don’t like black interior vs crema but I think the upkeep is much easier. Overall nice car.
    Fantasy also has a double flying mirror that I have seen for years outside at Roselli; he fixed it all and the interior was great but the car has a full respray and when I saw it the left rear panel was bare metal. They want 108k. That’s not cheap ;)

Zeff likes this.
  14. Zeff

Zeff Formula Junior

Oct 8, 2018
    Cupertino, Ca
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    If it goes much higher then the seller is doing well and obviously the buyers really like the car and are willing to pay up for it. I bet too some won’t use the same initial cost estimates that I would use so they think their all in costs will be much lower. But I know for sure all potential buyers are putting their own estimates in there for their total cost of the car. The last thing I wanted was to be completely buried in my car from day one. Most will figure the same but with their own numbers which they feel comfortable with.

15. ChipG

ChipG Formula 3

May 26, 2011
    Santa Monica, CA
    There is no recourse if a buyer backs out, great way to pump up prices with shill bids. I wonder how many times we will se this car re-listed for sale. Pretty car tho

16. xplodee

xplodee Formula 3

Jan 3, 2017
    Allentown, PA
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Bring a Trailer TR is up to $95k right where it should be, and hopefully will go up from there.

ChipG likes this.
  17. Natkingcolebasket69

With 5hours it will! It is spring season ;)

ChipG likes this.
  18. Natkingcolebasket69

This reminds me of a 355 manual they had for sale not so long ago that did very well. It was very well presented and I think it did 110k whilst others were doing less. They had a thread in the 355 section.

19. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    this is why if you want to sell your classic ferrari best to consign at a ferrari dealership or high end auction to get best results ,these forums are rough lol

20. Natkingcolebasket69

Yes-fchat a good place to sell too!

21. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    not with this crowd lol

MGJBLKTR, turbo-joe and Jakuzzi like this.
  22. Zeff

Zeff Formula Junior

Oct 8, 2018
    Cupertino, Ca
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Best place to work a deal man. Lol

turbo-joe and blkdiablo33 like this.
  23. Natkingcolebasket69

96k....exactly what is worth

xplodee likes this.
  24. Zeff

Zeff Formula Junior

Oct 8, 2018
    Cupertino, Ca
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    I love how these idiots always get on their and say this is going to sell for a lot more 125k. Yeah right in your dreams! That would put the person into the car at 145k. Then they say what happened. Stupidity happened that’s what.

25. Jay R

Jay R Karting
    BANNED

Oct 6, 2017
    Full Name:
    James R 12345
    I wasn’t too far off guessing at $85k. $96k corroborates recent sales though given the condition of this one.