360 - New 360 owner: top 3 issues? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

360 New 360 owner: top 3 issues?

Discussion in '360/430' started by JazzyJay, Apr 18, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. docf

docf Formula 3

Sep 14, 2008
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Gary
    While you are doing your belt service ck & if needed replace engine mounts. They usually don't last the age of your car. If never done much cheaper to do on a major service than having to go back at a later date.

JazzyJay and Bob in Makiki like this.
  2. 550nitis

550nitis Formula Junior

Feb 3, 2016
    Houston
    Top issues:
    3. Complete happiness when you look at the car
    2. You will not want to stop driving this thing. If your married or have a girlfriend they will become jealous.
    1. This car will become the love of your life.

But seriously, these cars are great as long as you drive them.

killer58 and Kitchdog like this.
  3. brookliner7

brookliner7 Formula Junior

May 5, 2018
    San Antonio, TX
    Full Name:
    Hans
    You just gave me:
    1. full on panic attack,
    2.certain nightmares for the foreseeable future, 3. a massive MI
    4.and then finally a stroke tht has stopped me from continuing on wiht ths msesge...

BDubbs, 360trev and kes7u like this.
  4. kes7u

kes7u Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 18, 2017
    Shorewood, MN
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    I know, right? But seriously. Apart from THOSE couple of things, everything about the 360 is just perfect..........o_Oo_Oo_O

Kevin

5. BDubbs

BDubbs Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 9, 2019
    WA State
    Full Name:
    B Dubbs
    I too just bought a 2003 gated 360 coupe.... hasn't even been delivered yet, but I am confident that I will never sleep soundly again after reading this.... lol.

kes7u likes this.
  6. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    Hahaha...

If you look at the cost to repair the majority of the items listed they are all relatively low cost...

Just whatever you do NEVER JUMP START your car. Bad things happen

brookliner7, tifosi101 and Skidkid like this.
  7. BDubbs

BDubbs Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 9, 2019
    WA State
    Full Name:
    B Dubbs
    I definitely won't jump start it. And I am watching your thread with great anticipation! Will be a customer for sure

Sent from my SM-N960U using FerrariChat.com mobile app

360trev likes this.
  8. tifosi101

tifosi101 Karting

Jun 12, 2013
    France
    I agree and really appreciate the list of issues from 360trev :cool:

Speaking from my experience, there is an other issue which is like a sword of Damocles hanging over our heads : the oil pump chain tensioner.
    As you can see on the pictures below, my engine was running with a major defect until I remove it from the car to make a major maintenance (just for fun, not for rebuilt :D) and I discovered this weakness. My engine was running very well but in reality he was in danger of death !
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

It is not the first 360 concerned by this issue and some of them unfortunately broke their engine for that.
    But usually, if I understood well, the weakness is not the failure of the metal plate (like me) but the failure of the pin. When he breaks, then the tensioner does not push anymore and the chain breaks few times after...

If you buy this pin nowedays then you will see it is different in color and certainly in strength due to a thermal treatment. I have changed it as a precaution.

9. mello

mello F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 12, 2013
    CA Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Another issue with the 360 is the door lock solenoid. I've just replaced the passenger side on mine. It only has 19K on the odo. As compared to my daily beater (940 Volvo) that has 220K, the door solenoids are still working great.

10. My 1st

My 1st Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 12, 2017
    Gladwyne, PA
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Good advice. Does this also apply to rolling down a hill and popping the clutch? Just curious.
    That’s why God created tow trucks.

11. ncjetskier

ncjetskier Formula 3

Jul 7, 2012
    Eastern NC
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Stickies (buttons get sticky)
    Radio sucks
    Dash leather will bubble (this is expensive as the whole dash has to be removed to replace) Nothing you can do to prevent this as it is the adhesive that dries out over time.