GTCLusso New Battery | FerrariChat

GTCLusso New Battery

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by gilly6993, May 1, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. gilly6993

gilly6993 Formula 3

Aug 20, 2009
    Longmeadow, MA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    What is the recommendation for a new battery for my V12....after a lot of help here and a lengthy discussion with Freddie at Miller Motor Cars (who was a HUGE help) I think a new battery will solve my issues. He recommends an Interstate. Just didn’t know the model offhand.

Is Interstate the way to go and if so which one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. papou

papou Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2012
    plantation Fla
    Full Name:
    daniel ross
    Search is your friend..

3. gilly6993

gilly6993 Formula 3

Aug 20, 2009
    Longmeadow, MA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Thanks for the help. I did and nothing definitive/ or couldn’t find it. Always search before I post and again appreciate the advice

4. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    my FF and 612 both ate through batteries in the first couple years - pretty sure i have interstates in both right now and havent had an issue in a while. no reason to not use interstate. about 10 to 12 years ago i was on an optima kick and then as i got older i started caring less.

vraa likes this.
  5. gilly6993

gilly6993 Formula 3

Aug 20, 2009
    Longmeadow, MA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    #5 gilly6993, May 2, 2019
    Last edited: May 2, 2019
    Yes that’s what the SA at Miller suggested. He just didn’t know the model number. That’s more or less what I was inquiring about. My local shop who’s going to put it in didn’t know either

Called interstate and they have no V12’s listed

6. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    i dont know that either but whatever interstate fits is the right one. if they have bronze, silver, and gold levels, go gold just because why not. i haven no idea if those levels exist but you get my point

7. Alexfor8

Alexfor8 Rookie

Aug 14, 2018
    Full Name:
    ALEXANDER FOREST
    MTX 49 H8, if it's the same as the F12/FF

8. gilly6993

gilly6993 Formula 3

Aug 20, 2009
    Longmeadow, MA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Thanks Alex! Just got it. I was trying to save a all day affair to the dealer but my local shop says the car needs to be “reset” after the battery swap and they might not have the tools to do this...

Does this sound right? I was under the impression it was a plug and play swap....

9. Alexfor8

Alexfor8 Rookie

Aug 14, 2018
    Full Name:
    ALEXANDER FOREST
    There is a sequence once the new battery is hooked up but no need for a scan tool. Cycle windows up/down, set clock, let the engine idle for 10 minutes to recalibrate sensors

10. Bmill

Bmill Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 13, 2011
    California/Minnesota
    Full Name:
    Brad
    Agree with the comments above. Interstate is the way to go and clearly less than a 30 minute “reboot”. I had it done. My only regrets was I should have done it at the first sign of trouble.

11. gilly6993

gilly6993 Formula 3

Aug 20, 2009
    Longmeadow, MA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Thanks all. Hopefully this is my answer to “Wet Mode” and “multiple system failure” issues which is progressively getting more frequent. I also need new O2 spacers with cats for my Kline exhaust so probably will bring it to Miller to get everything taken care of....Frederick Chan in service has been incredible helpful with everything....

12. LightGuy

LightGuy Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
    #12 LightGuy, May 2, 2019
    Last edited: May 2, 2019
    Another option is to jumper the cables to another battery when taking the original out. Install the new battery and remove jumpers. Bmw owners do this. You may not have to reset anything. Do not use a charger. Use a battery. BTW does varta make a compatible battery ? They are works of art and last incredibly long.

13. otakki

otakki Formula 3

Mar 24, 2016
    #13 otakki, May 7, 2019
    Last edited: May 7, 2019
    Someone on the other side of the Atlantic is about to order a Varta on a thread this week. Not sure if it is available here in the States.

The member mentioned: "Varta G14 Silver Dynamic AGM battery"

14. ANOpax

ANOpax Formula 3

Jul 1, 2015
    The Netherlands
    And here it is;

Image Unavailable, Please Login

It’s a G14 silver dynamic AGM part number 595 901 085

It’s made in Germany by Varta which is a Johnson Controls brand.

otakki likes this.
  15. otakki

otakki Formula 3

Mar 24, 2016
    Putting it in this weekend yourself?

16. ANOpax

ANOpax Formula 3

Jul 1, 2015
    The Netherlands
    I’ll put it in myself but maybe not this weekend. I’m attending a stag do...

I’ll be sure to document it on the FF battery thread though.

vraa likes this.
  17. scottevestceo

scottevestceo Karting

Apr 16, 2023
    Full Name:
    Scott Jordan
    Just wanted to confirm recommendations here for best battery for Lusso. My car died 2+ weeks ago in SLC. It was running fine on Friday at the track, but Saturday am it wouldn't start after giving me a series of odd dash lights, it just completely died; could't even open the doors. Been waiting at the dealer for 2+ weeks now, and going to just have someone else install a battery. Someone recommend highly this one:

https://antigravitybatteries.com/products/starter-batteries/automotive/ag-h8-rs/

Based upon the limited information provided, do you think it is just a battery issue? Seems odd that it was running fine on the track one day, and the next morning it was dead.

Thanks in advance.

18. ANOpax

ANOpax Formula 3

Jul 1, 2015
    The Netherlands
    For the cost of one antigravity, you can buy five AGM batteries. If that floats you boat then go for it. But the position of the battery in Ferrari V12s means that they don’t last because the heat kills them. They’re consumable. I have yet to hear of anyone’s antigravity lasting longer than five AGMs.

19. scottevestceo

scottevestceo Karting

Apr 16, 2023
    Full Name:
    Scott Jordan
  20. SVCalifornia

SVCalifornia Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 28, 2011
    Silicon Valley
    Full Name:
    Keith
    With the antigravity you never have to plug your car into a tender.

SV

21. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul