348 - 348ts Targa Top Interior Panels | FerrariChat

348 348ts Targa Top Interior Panels

Discussion in '348/355' started by Good2bgreek, May 11, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Good2bgreek

Good2bgreek Rookie

Sep 28, 2018
    Full Name:
    Nick
    Hey All,
    Relatively new to the brotherhood. Picked up a 348 last fall and going through some things I'd like to refresh. The interior panels on my targa hard top had been removed (see photo) and while I may use my soft top more, I would like to get them redone. What do the stock ones look like? Was thinking of getting them done in black leather or perhaps saddle to match the seats.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. MAD828

MAD828 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 8, 2011
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Elliott Caras
    The stock ones are a beige fabric the same as the fabric used in the two indents of the roof lining just in front of the curved rear glass.

It was optional on the F355 model to have it in leather too. I would go with beige to match the seats or a black alcantara.

3. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
  4. Good2bgreek

Good2bgreek Rookie

Sep 28, 2018
    Full Name:
    Nick
    Thanks ferrarium, good find on the original headliner fabric. I managed to look up some old 348 for sale posts and was able to see the headliner in greater detail. May just go with the alcantara or leather. The seats are 355 seats with a Daytona conversion. Can’t really tell you if there is more or less room than a regular 348 cabin as I bought the car this way. Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

Wade likes this.
  5. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
    You mention using a soft top. The one by Ferrari that fits in place of the targa top?

My top was done with red leather on the underside to match the interior.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. A348W

A348W Formula 3

Jun 28, 2017
    North Wiltshire, UK
    You can get the material still but it’s expensive; search previous threads.

I think you can also still get the inserts from Ferrari; but not sure.

I did mine in a standard black headlong material. Much prefer it to the oem beige.

Ps; damn nice seats.

7. User-C3

User-C3 Karting

Aug 29, 2018
    Detroit
    Full Name:
    Trevor
    This is the car from Bring a Trailer auction?

I removed my factory fabric headliner inserts when I got my car. They were in really rough shape. I plan on either sanding down all the glue and painting, or as said just do some leather. I think its a cleaner look to not draw attention to the headliner, but let it disappear and just be clean when you do look at it and the factory replacement fabric is expensive for what it is.

8. Good2bgreek

Good2bgreek Rookie

Sep 28, 2018
    Full Name:
    Nick
    Looks great!

Thank you, I think I have decided against OEM look at this point. Will do black or match the saddle leather

Yes

9. User-C3

User-C3 Karting

Aug 29, 2018
    Detroit
    Full Name:
    Trevor
    good buy, so much work was done on that car and looks so sharp.

Good2bgreek likes this.
  10. vvassallo

vvassallo F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 4, 2006
    Palos Verdes
    Full Name:
    Vince V
    I had my stock panels covered in Alcantara to match the leather and they look great. The shop just glued them back in place for me. It took weeks before the smell dissipated.