Have my 348 back after over a year... | FerrariChat

Have my 348 back after over a year...

Discussion in '348/355' started by Chupacabra, May 16, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Chupacabra

Chupacabra F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 30, 2005
    Behind a drum kit
    Full Name:
    Mr. Chupacabra
    It was in the shop for some very minor things, but due to shop volume, some interest from potential buyers, my need for more space etc., it turned into a lengthy stay. All I can say is the old saying distance makes the heart grow fonder is absolutely true. Holy hell what a great car. The shift cables were sorted and some minor intake issues corrected, and it just screams and everything just slams home as it should. I've been driving my 575 and 993 for fun, and I guess those two kind of lulled me with their comfort and easy speed (especially the 575)...but my oh my, the 348 is a live wire. Still the most visceral and engaging car I've ever driven. The sound, the throttle response, the click clack of the shifter, THE STEERING. Just sublime.

People can cry and moan all they want, but 348's are special cars. Especially when they have Challenge wheels and springs, straight pipes, F40 seats, and shorter gearing :) Glad I didn't sell, for sure.

mojocoggo, allandwf, Bertil and 6 others like this.
  2. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
  3. Chupacabra

Chupacabra F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 30, 2005
    Behind a drum kit
    Full Name:
    Mr. Chupacabra
    When I get a second for sure!

4. Chupacabra

Chupacabra F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 30, 2005
    Behind a drum kit
    Full Name:
    Mr. Chupacabra
  5. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I don’t think I could go that long without mine

You definitely have patience and will power

6. Chupacabra

Chupacabra F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 30, 2005
    Behind a drum kit
    Full Name:
    Mr. Chupacabra
    Nah, I just have two other cars, one of which had a "getting to know" period. Otherwise I'd have been fit to be tied!!

7. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I have 2 others as well but my 348 is special (no pun intended as it is an SS)

8. Chupacabra

Chupacabra F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 30, 2005
    Behind a drum kit
    Full Name:
    Mr. Chupacabra
    Point taken :) I do think it was the thrill of a new toy that got me through. Man...it's just unbelievable how well this thing is running and shifting. NO balkiness whatsoever from the shifter now that the cables are 100%. What's amazing to me is that, by all common metics, the 575 is the "better" car by a wide margin. The 348 has something you just can't measure, though. It's a level and, perhaps more importantly, TYPE of involvement that Ferrari sadly started to mute. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my Maranello, always wanted one and it's not going anywhere, but for ripping and snorting and feeling like I'm driving the closest thing to an F40 I'm likely to have...the 348 is a total bargain, I swear.

GTO Joe and Wade like this.
  9. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
  10. vvassallo

vvassallo F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 4, 2006
    Palos Verdes
    Full Name:
    Vince V
    Had mine out yesterday; you are so right!