Pista for sale...$577,000 | Page 11 | FerrariChat

Pista for sale...$577,000

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by 09Scuderia, May 10, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Ferrari is in it for the long haul. If they pull a bait and switch, people with hundreds of thousands of disposable income arent going to fall for the next time Ferrari claims to have a special edition car. I think its a controlled launch and they are going to focus their energy to the F8 which they can build without restriction.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  2. Bhh

Bhh Rookie

Dec 5, 2014
    Manhattan
  3. Bhh

Bhh Rookie

Dec 5, 2014
    Manhattan
    Beautiful enjoy!

of2worlds, SoCal to az and Bundy like this.
  4. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    Never said TDF was a mistake at all....these are actually your words! I was merely passing opinion on TDF since seeing it the flesh vs other colors I've seen on the model. I personally found the yellow and red color groups were the real standouts for Pista (being a special model), then followed by the darker colors (grey's, blacks, blues followed by the greens....which lend obscurity to the car as a special model IMHO). Most owners and non owners I've spoken to on the topic of color concur..fwiw.

As I have stated, I quite like Socals spec and his choices for the TDF set up - nicely put together - and definitely don't hate it in any way - but please feel free to make more out of my postings than what exists. Maybe you want to start up a fight or something? That's all I can make out of your post.

5. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    My dealer tells me they have been sold out for a while and dont expect any more allocations.

SoCal to az and Caeruleus11 like this.
  6. dmark1

dmark1 F1 World Champ
    BANNED Owner

Feb 26, 2008
    Americas Team Headquarters
    Full Name:
    Mark
    As has mine - btw the largest dealer by sales in the nation (Boardwalk and F of San Francisco combined)

SoCal to az likes this.
  7. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    Congrats. In the US?

8. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona

As has mine.

9. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    I guess I don’t have “sufficient history”. Used F12, new 812, multiple Corsa Pilota attendee, 40-something...just ain’t enough. At least for me, the car has been impossible to acquire (without, of course, the Lusso/Portofino gambit).

10. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Hang in there. If this round doesn’t work out maybe next round will. Just stay in touch with your dealer. Stay visible and continue to express interest in upcoming cars. Good luck.

Thecadster likes this.
  11. boobernackle

boobernackle Formula Junior

May 28, 2016
    #261 boobernackle, May 23, 2019
    Last edited: May 23, 2019
    So what does that tell you? Your dealer only cares about the bottom line, making that extra $100K profit from you by selling another car.

It's the "what have you done for me lately" approach. Keep a steady head, Pistas are still being produced with allocations released on a quarterly basis.

So dealers won't tell you about the other allocations coming online, that's why people get "surprise" calls.

of2worlds likes this.
  12. boobernackle

boobernackle Formula Junior

May 28, 2016
    Well said.

SoCal to az likes this.
  13. dmark1

dmark1 F1 World Champ
    BANNED Owner

Feb 26, 2008
    Americas Team Headquarters
    Full Name:
    Mark
    I’d change dealers, that’s ridiculous.

boobernackle likes this.
  14. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    If u really wanted a pista u wld buy a lusso and be done with it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dmark1 and Shadowfax like this.
  15. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #265 Shadowfax, May 24, 2019
    Last edited: May 24, 2019
    That's the score. If you want something then play the game. No 488 or Lusso/Porto = no Pista. That was made very clear right from the beginning. The ship has sailed now so look for a flipper and pay the piper. There was never going to be a cheap way of getting one of these.

09Scuderia and dmark1 like this.
  16. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    "People" would only be getting surprise calls as a consequence of drop offs where financial situations have either changed or the depreciation hit on the entry ticket car doesn't work come crunch time. Again these "people would have met the criteria in one way shape or form. There wouldn't be many drop offs but there would be the odd one for sure. There are clearly no extra Pista's being made so it pays to be hard on your dealers case so you are on their next list as a fallback for them to draw upon.

09Scuderia likes this.
  17. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    I couldn’t bring myself to do that. Not when other dudes didn’t have to... On top of that, at the time, the prevailing wisdom amongst the in the know Fchat crowd was that “anyone who wanted one will be able to get one, so don’t be a sucker and fall for the Lusso maneuver”. Well, ok...we know how that turned out.

SoCal to az likes this.
  18. C50

C50 Formula 3

Aug 19, 2016
    Your situation sounds whack, especially given how you’ve been playing the game (their game).

That being said, given all the speculation about precisely how limited/exclusive/special the Pista is, and if factory pricing is overly generous to the factory, time will tell if you were actually the lucky one.

Someone here (I would give credit if I could recall) wisely observed that it’s sometimes better to not be invited to the party at all as opposed to being invited late.

Unless you were just stoked to get the car as an end in itself, it which case it just sucks to be denied speccing your dream ride.

Thecadster likes this.
  19. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    No one ever said u can get one without the lusso. Every car comes with a companion these days. Even the biggest hitters on this board were asked to take a car or a couple cars. Roma mentioned he lost 77k for a car he drove zero miles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Hang on in there ..he who laughs last laughs loudest ;)

SoCal to az and Thecadster like this.
  21. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    Again...I thought I could be like many others that accomplished an allocation without a “companion” car. I was wrong. I used intel gathered on this site to formulate my strategy. In fact, in the course of my research, it appeared that many (most?) were able to do it without a companion piece. But, yeah, I was wrong. My attention now has turned to the BB. By all accounts, that car should be more plentiful than the Pista.

https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/how-did-you-get-your-488-pista-allocation.574066/

of2worlds likes this.
  22. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    SoCal, did you buy a Lusso in advance of your Pista? You accomplished a late allocation, any unusual maneuvers are your part that may have played a role?

SoCal to az likes this.
  23. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Asked to take and agreeing to are different.
    Nada for me.

boobernackle likes this.
  24. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    #274 SoCal to az, May 24, 2019
    Last edited: May 24, 2019
    I did not buy a lusso. Nothing unusual other than referring family and friends to the dealership and referring them buyers.

In other words I stayed friendly.

Thecadster, boobernackle and LVP488 like this.
  25. C50

C50 Formula 3

Aug 19, 2016
    I am actually curious to see how this evolves.

Based on the reports regarding the corporate desire to sell more units to first time buyers, there is certainly the potential of more sales. However, I imagine the price tag is going to serve as a significant barrier to entry and hence actual demand-based production will be less than, say, 812.

Of course, there will inevitably be a special version of BB which we can safely presume would be subject to similar vetting as prior special versions. But in this case, I wonder if the production volume of the special version will be much closer to the production of the base version compared to prior special versions which were at a lower price point

But this is all OT and better discussed in the BB thread (or the Monza thread). Apologies for the thread jack.