Letterman and Lewis Hamilton | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Letterman and Lewis Hamilton

Discussion in 'F1' started by Phil~, Jun 3, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Terra

Terra F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 16, 2004
    Dumdum?

That’s classy . . .

ATBNM3 likes this.
  2. WPOZZZ

WPOZZZ F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Honolulu, HI
    That's what I don't understand. Why not have the channels scrambled? That way other teams are not privy to those conversations.
    It is like the football teams and their radio convos with the coaches in the sky box. If those were open to anyone, the other team would know what was being planned. So why not scramble the F1 radio messages.

3. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Elton is too thick to be able to come up with a plan to try to confuse his opponents, his whining was genuine, and he knows it. He only says he was trying to be clever because someone has told him after the race to say so in order he doesn’t seem such a dumbass to his fans....... seems some of them have swallowed it hook line and sinker.......

furoni, stavura, fil and 1 other person like this.
  4. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    I’ve never heard of Elton being described as ‘the thinking mans driver’, but many times I’ve heard people in the paddock suggest he is a rather simple soul..... I like the nickname dumdum for him, it’s short, concise, to the point, and best of all, absolutely bang on correct. Hahahahaha

If in your point of view, comparing my assigning a cheeky nickname to Elton, to someone wishing the greatest driver of all time dead, are of the same level, should give you cause to reevaluate how you measure other people’s standards..... not quite the same things are they?

furoni, stavura, fil and 1 other person like this.
  5. Terra

Terra F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 16, 2004
    I NEVER EVER wished Michael dead! Why are painting me with that reprehensible brush? Please don’t lump me in with such caustic animus.

ATBNM3 likes this.
  6. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    #56 daytona355, Jun 5, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2019
    No, you never, and I never said you did. However, I was referring to someone else’s poor taste post, in a post to someone different, and you took offence at me calling Elton ‘dumdum’, so my comment was that if you consider that classless and try to suggest that’s the same as wishing Michael dead, then you need to get a new dictionary of definitions of the word ‘class’.

However, one thing you may not have realised, very often when the poster that did indeed, in writing, and seemingly in full intellectual realisation, posted that he felt michaels skiing accident was justifiable karma (and wasn’t even thread banned, I might point out, let alone sanctioned), you are one of those who seems to ‘like’ almost every post he makes.... if I were you, I might have a flick through the previous posts for him, and a few others, as you might see a pattern that makes you think again about showing support for them, I know it would me.

You and I clearly don’t get along, but you should be able to easily tell from the post you noted that I did NOT link you with posting or agreeing in any way with the post about Michael, whatever my perceived faults (only love ferrari, hate Elton, think toto should be spelt t-o-o-l, etc), I do not cast blame where it is not warranted. My post was to ask you to consider that of all the bits to the post mine was referring too, you chose to suggest the nickname for Elton was ‘classless’, yet didn’t comment about the far more serious post I had reminded the poster of which I had justifiably suggested was ‘classless’.

7. Terra

Terra F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 16, 2004
    #57 Terra, Jun 5, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2019
    Here's the post back from 2016 to which I think you're referring:
    https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/posts/144881144/

The '(h)e got "a taste of his own medicine" as we say here' remarks are appalling on any level.

However, the fact I've not heretofore gone on record to condemn such vile sentiment should not (and will not) prevent me from refuting/rebutting your incessantly obsessive and constant bashing of EVERY scintilla of Lewis's being. I simply cannot sit idly by in the face of such ongoing attack-laden crassness and vitriol.

ATBNM3 likes this.
  8. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    I called him dumdum..... unless you are actually Elton himself, I’d suggest you need to get over yourself, how can you be offended on behalf of a F1 driver that hasn’t a clue you exist?

We are all entitled to our opinions, unless they are like that posted in 2016 (note, I haven’t checked if that’s the one I refer to, I have no desire to read such vile ******** twice, but thanks for looking for it), these should be kept to the minds of the posters.

Bas likes this.
  9. subirg

subirg F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2003
    Cheshire
    The teams pit wall can control what radio messages to drivers are free to air vs scrambled. The drivers cannot.

daytona355 likes this.
  10. fer312t

fer312t Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2010
    I think Lewis is clearly one of (if not the most) thoughtful and intelligent drivers on the grid...certainly one of the very few capable of speaking about the joys of racecars quickly with any real eloquence. One of the last romantics. I think he's extremely effective with subtle mind games when required, even if it's just a matter of killing his opponents with kindness, which can be particularly galling ;)

Personally I don't think there was any misdirection going on in Monaco...I think he was genuinely pissed off and uncomfortable with the state of the car/tires and just venting stress. Worked well of course.

Surfah, ATBNM3 and william like this.
  11. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Even Ron Dennis was never one to try to claim Elton was an intelligent driver. If he was, then why does he need constant coaching about what to do, how to do it, reminders of how to change settings etc? Sorry, you aren’t going to convince anyone that Elton is a genius here buddy.... the guy is a confirmed dumdum, a fast dumdum granted, but a dumdum all the same. No shame in that by the way, some are born clever, some born fast, some born lucky, he has two of those sewn up!

stavura, fil and Bas like this.
  12. SimCity3

SimCity3 F1 Rookie

Rob Lay could do worse than to consider renaming this section "Ferrari F1".
    Would stop much of the crap being spouted and give moderators an easier time.

furoni and daytona355 like this.
  13. SimCity3

SimCity3 F1 Rookie

Lewis was provided with everything he needed to go racing. No financial challenge for him.
    Anthony however is a different matter.

daytona355 likes this.
  14. fer312t

fer312t Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2010
    Lewis doesn't need constant coaching - that's an invention.
    But the modern grand driving experience is absolutely rife with all sorts of systems manangement nonsense - such Alonso bemoaned F1 racedrivers turning into commercial airliners pilots. Drivers like performance tools at their disposal...not myriads of serpentine management modes brought about by arbitrary regulation. Can you imagine a driver such as Gilles 'rip-the-wheels-off-driving-back-to-pits-at-10-tenths' Villeneuve having the patience or intellectual curiosity when it came to managing MGU-K settings?

ATBNM3 and william like this.
  15. SPEEDCORE

SPEEDCORE Four Time F1 World Champ

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    Teams have no say to what gets aired, the radio gets pumped directly into SKY.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

16. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    I don't understand this statement, what ever condition the parents have will affect the children. Ask Lance Stroll. Are you saying Kimi had everything he needed to go racing, no financial challenge for him?

17. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    This is irrelevant, no F1 driver is a genius. That's why they are called drivers. The "geniuses" are the engineers. Drivers don't become aerodynamicist when they retire, they become commentators. You should create a new excuse on degrading Hamilton

ATBNM3 and william like this.
  18. subirg

subirg F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2003
    Cheshire
    Eventually.... it doesn’t have to be real time and I know for certain that the teams can determine what’s real time vs not. There is a button on their consoles that determines this.

19. SimCity3

SimCity3 F1 Rookie

When your father gets punched on the nose, only his nose bleeds.

20. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    But still there are more and less intelligent drivers... and calling Lewis the "most intelligent" driver of the field is hilarious.
    How many times did he open his mouth and the press department or himself had to fix it telling the world it was "a misunderstanding"? Yeah right.... a genius!
    It is ridiculous how you guys push away everything that does not put a good light on Lewis as non-existing and a degradation by the haters...that is almost a denial

stavura, daytona355 and Bas like this.
  21. SimCity3

SimCity3 F1 Rookie

Prost was a genius. Schumacher was a genius.

Both backed it up with self-discipline of the highest order.

stavura, furoni, daytona355 and 2 others like this.
  22. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Without a second of doubt, the most intelligent guy in the field is Vettel. Shanghai (2016?) said it all, in the pitlane.

I count Kimi extremely high as well with his intimate knowledge of the vehicle and all it's components, but down a little on some rules ("why am I getting blue flags?" for example).

stavura and daytona355 like this.
  23. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Again, even if its only your opinion, point is, its still irrelevant. Albert Einstein wouldn't win a championship trophy, you need racing skills.

william and ATBNM3 like this.
  24. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    Yes, it is irrelevant for the races to win as long as someone tells him what to do...
    But if you guys come around how clever and intelligent he is one is allowed to say that one doubts that he is that intelligent, even if it is "only" my opinion. Because believe it or not, although you love to use the word "facts", you also mention only your opinion...
    And to your Einstein comparison: yes, Einstein would not win a GP but on the other side Lewis opinion about the world is irrelevant as well as he actually has nothing intelligent to say...

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk

daytona355 likes this.
  25. merstheman

merstheman F1 Rookie

Apr 13, 2007
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Full Name:
    Mario
    I enjoyed the episode of the show. My favorite bit was when Dave interviewed the kids then raced them in go-karts. I'm not a big Lewis fan and I think the poor guy just lacks charisma, he's way too stiff and trying a bit too hard to be a certain media-friendly kind of likeable, but as Lewis interviews go this was one of the best.