Who's your favorite Ferrari Auto Tech in the Bay Area? | FerrariChat

Who's your favorite Ferrari Auto Tech in the Bay Area?

Discussion in '348/355' started by Agostinho, May 29, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Agostinho

Agostinho Formula Junior

Feb 22, 2017
    Who's your favorite Ferrari Auto Tech in the Bay Area? Preferably someone in the South Bay/San Jose area.

2. fboutlaw

fboutlaw Karting

Dec 3, 2014
    Woodside, CA
    Have yet to find great service.

Silicon Valley Ferrari - slow but decent work
    Roselli's - super slow, low quality work (I can't tell you how many washers I'm missing)
    Modena Motors - you won't get a slot unless you have a fleet and are ready for a 9 month wait, but Tony does amazing work

I bought a lift for my garage and I now do my own work.

Targatime and 458Spider2013 like this.
  3. Troomi

Troomi Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    bay area, ca
    Full Name:
    tariq
    agostinho - pm sent

-T

4. Jasonberkeley

Jasonberkeley Formula 3

Apr 23, 2017
    NW Corner, CT
    Full Name:
    Jason Berkeley
    Jesse Westlake at San Francisco Motorsports. He writes the tech column every month in Forza. And a great guy!

5. Dalema

Dalema Rookie

Jun 21, 2018
    Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Matt Dale
    Juan at Grand Prix Motors in Campbell.

Really knowledgeable, great service.

6. mojocoggo

mojocoggo Rookie

Jul 28, 2013
    San Jose, CA
    Full Name:
    Dylan Leff
    Not in South Bay, but for anyone else looking, Prestige Autohaus in Walnut Creek did a great job replacing the clutch in my 348. Torsten is great at keeping you updated on the progress so you aren't left wondering where things are at.

Can you elaborate on Roselli's? I've usually heard good things and this was one of the places I was considering for my 348 major service.

7. fboutlaw

fboutlaw Karting

Dec 3, 2014
    Woodside, CA
    I'd heard the same too about Roselli's which is why I went there for a tire replacement and oil change. Ended up with a LOT of work done. He usually recommend's a cheap fix or swapping in some used parts he has lying around. He convinced me to have my headers re-welded at a shop across the street, engine mount welded that had broken, interior dash refinished at a shop across the street, and a lot of other "fixes" like CV boots. Pulling apart the engine myself now I'm finding that the "custom" work is all low quality. The headers were not welded back up well, the engine mounts look like they're going to snap as the welds aren't deep, the interior dash work is bubbling up in a corner, and the CV boots... aren't for a F355 that he did. So my overall thoughts here are that they specialize in patchwork, not refurbishment.

It also didn't help that my car was there for 4 months for a 1 month job... they left it outside in the rain, and my cylinder heads have corrosion all down the spark plug inlets... which is one of the things I now need to take care of. Overall, they're a discount shop that does discount work. There's a business for that, but it's not what I'm looking for and you shouldn't be either. You'll wish you went elsewhere and got work done correctly.

mojocoggo likes this.
  8. rivee

rivee F1 Rookie

Jan 20, 2002
    Nowhere important, USA
    Full Name:
    John
    Brian Crall.

Unfortunately though he moved to Texas.

9. 458Spider2013

458Spider2013 Karting

Dec 1, 2021
    Full Name:
    Pete Gregory
    Care to let me bring my 458 by for a service?

10. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    To who?

11. bayferrari

bayferrari Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 10, 2011
    Bay Area
    Full Name:
    William
    Danny at Dino’s motors in San Mateo.

12. yelcab

yelcab F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2001
    San Carlos, CA
    Full Name:
    Mitchell Le
    I think Pete means to take his 458 to Brian's home garage now that he has a lift for service. If Brian had bought a 458 challenge, then he is well verse on the 458 service issues.

I must say that the 458 was not designed to be friendly to people who work on the car, by a long shot.