ANYONE THAT WANTS TO BUY OR SELL A FERRARI THE RIGHT WAY | Page 4 | FerrariChat

ANYONE THAT WANTS TO BUY OR SELL A FERRARI THE RIGHT WAY

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Yellow Compass, Oct 8, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jjmalez

jjmalez F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 8, 2005
    Northern Illinois
    Full Name:
    Joseph
    Did you see all the negative comments here from unhappy customers who did business with Mike at Yellow Compass?

Me neither.

JRE likes this.
  2. Rosso Corsa Strada

Nov 11, 2018
    Do you only sell Ferrari's or other makes too?

3. Yellow Compass

Yellow Compass F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 23, 2015
    NYC Area
    Full Name:
    Yellow Compass Supercars
    Feel free to give me a call I’d love to know what you have I’m happy to find a home for it no problem

4. Tarek307

Tarek307 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 26, 2018
    Long Beach, CA & Alexandria,Egypt.
    Full Name:
    Tarek Salah
    Mike is the man, when i first started looking for a 360 he gave me advice and when i found the one i liked he gave me many tips on what to look for and what a good price would be- I'd like to point out i wasn't even buying a car from him, so he made zero $$ off me but still spent his time giving me advice. Thats a true enthusiast

5. Rosso Corsa Strada

Nov 11, 2018
    I want to buy not sell lol

6. Yellow Compass

Sponsor

Nov 23, 2015
    NYC Area
    Full Name:
    Yellow Compass Supercars
    Give me a call let’s discuss

7. asg10

asg10 Rookie

Apr 28, 2019
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Andrew G
    Third time buyer of ferrari, 1st time with Mike. Car was as described, even had someone meet me at shop on a sunday morning to pickup car.
    Thanks Mike

8. Yellow Compass

Sponsor

Nov 23, 2015
    NYC Area
    Full Name:
    Yellow Compass Supercars
    Andrew so happy I could assist in making your dream become a reality!! and even more importantly I made a new friend , all the best my brother enjoy chasing that pavement

9. OneFastM3

OneFastM3 Rookie

Nov 5, 2006
    After years of wanting one I finally bought a 430 Scud this weekend!

Although Mike didn’t find me the car, or make a dime off of the deal, he made the whole thing possible. Not only did he help me figure out what the right deal was and gave me a ton of info about Scuds to help me make sure this was the right one, but he also made introductions to people who were able to help me get the actual deal done. He even got a Ferrari master tech to talk me through some of the potential issues with one of the cars I was thinking about.

He also was able to find me several great examples but unfortunately my color requirements meant my search was very restricted. I have to say that he presented some amazing cars and if I wasn’t 100% focused on a white one I would have seriously considered them.

If you are buying a Ferrari you definitely want to talk to Mike. He’s got a great reputation for a reason and I will absolutely work with him again in the future.

Thanks for everything Mike!

whatheheck and eyeman1234 like this.
  10. Yellow Compass

Sponsor

Nov 23, 2015
    NYC Area
    Full Name:
    Yellow Compass Supercars
    Thank you Mike!! My Pleasure!! :) :)

11. Regular Guy 01

Regular Guy 01 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 10, 2011
    Tacoma, WA
    Full Name:
    Eugene Greer
    I have been a lurker for quite some time here on FChat as I haven't had much to add to any discussions until now.
    I started my search for a 458 Spider by talking to Mike and learning about these great cars from a person who is passionate and a true enthusiast to the brand.
    I unfortunately found a car at another dealer, as I wished I could have purchased one from Mike.
    Mike walks the walk and talks the talk. He has become a true friend and I hope to purchase my next car from my buddy Mike.

Hey Mike, if you ever make it to the Seattle area, call me so I can treat you to a great steak dinner on me!!

12. scudif1

scudif1 Rookie

Jan 24, 2013
    Merrick, NY
    Full Name:
    Josh
    Congrats on getting the Scuderia! This is a Ferrari that is on the top of my list to get. All the best to you and enjoy that monster!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

13. OneFastM3

OneFastM3 Rookie

Nov 5, 2006
    Thanks! Still waiting to receive it but put 100 miles on it in Chicago where I purchased it and it was an absolute blast!

14. Wazmo

Wazmo Rookie

Mar 31, 2019
    Grayslake IL & Naples FL
    Full Name:
    Wazmo
    Being a first time Ferrari 458 owner I feel a need to share this. Mike I can't thank you enough for all of your help and guidance in seeing that I purchased a car that made all my dreams come true. Just so everyone knows even though Mike did not find the car that I ultimately ended up buying he couldn't have been more helpful and instrumental in ensuring that I was making the right decision. So much so that I didn't hesitate to send him some monies to show my appreciation for all of the hours spent online or on the phone making sure I wouldn't make a mistake. A true friend looking out for my best interests the entire way!!! This should be a message to those that pick his brain and buy elsewhere so that he isn't taken for granted. His help was truly invaluable and I hope him and I can be friends for life.

15. Yellow Compass

Sponsor

Nov 23, 2015
    NYC Area
    Full Name:
    Yellow Compass Supercars
    Hi Pete!! This statement will never get OLD!!!!!!!! So happy that i was part of converting your dream into a reality :) :)
    ENJOY !!!!!!

16. JoeTSI

JoeTSI Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 16, 2015
    Huntsville, AL
    Full Name:
    Joe K.
    I know some people rant and rave about Mikes ads with ALL CAPS, but I will say this; if I "like" an add he has, he immediately sends a PM with "Thanks". This isn't just once, or twice....each and every time I click like on one of his cars for sale, I get a PM. Even though it only say one word, thanks, it speaks volumes of the kind of person he is.

17. Zeff

Zeff Formula Junior

Oct 8, 2018
    Cupertino, Ca
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    #92 Zeff, Jul 27, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2019
    Not really, he tries to just have catchy titles which is great marketing in my opinion. He also tries to make it fun which is what it’s all about. I don’t take every word in his titles literally because he tries to make it fun or funny. I would do the same thing if I was him. I give you a lot of credit Mike for trying to be creative and not boring. Most of the dealers out there are as exciting as watching paint dry in regards to their ads. Now if he or anyone else treats you poorly like a sleezy salesperson that’s on them. I haven’t heard anyone here say that about him. He Has been a nice guy with the interactions I have had with him. Others here know I generally hate car salesmen because most of them are bad. But I don’t think every car salesman is bad. Most are but not everyone. For example I love Cats Exotics where I bought my car from. They didn’t play a bunch of the typical games. They have too much class for that. I’d give Mike a chance personally until he or anyone else proves otherwise to not be upstanding.

Wazmo likes this.
  18. wojteki

wojteki Rookie

Feb 1, 2016
    Jackson, NJ USA
    Full Name:
    Wojtek I.
    I Just wrapped up a deal with Mike's help. I have been seeing his emails and posts coming across my inbox and here on F-chat for quite some time. I had decided to move my F430 already at the end of summer 2018, but never had the time ... April 2019 I purchased a 488 with the intention of replacing the F430, and just did not have the time again (wife, kids, work, volunteer work, friends, and some cliche ongoing never ending car projects, lol ) Come June, I decided to respond to one of Mike's emails, and we went over my car, what came with it, condition, etc.... , and most importantly what I needed in my pocket out of it. We agreed on a commission fee, and that was it on a handshake.... fast forward around 2 weeks and Mike had a buyer. I did not have to deal with tire kickers, or the hassles of answering phone calls, emails etc ( i juts do not have the time) Mike took care of all of that. The buyer turned out to be a really good guy who also has same love for cars as I do, and I am glad the F430 is off to a new home.

Mike is definitely a colorful character and I will admit I was skeptical at first, but he delivered EXACTLY what he committed. I would not hesitate to contact Mike again when selling another Rarri for sure !

Voy

JRE likes this.
  19. Yellow Compass

Sponsor

Nov 23, 2015
    NYC Area
    Full Name:
    Yellow Compass Supercars
    Voi , First- Thank you for the kind words!! This is exactly how it needs to work everytime!!! SELLER and BUYER end up both feeling equally HAPPY!!!! PS - THE NEW OWNER IS IN LA-LA LAND!! :)

whatheheck likes this.
  20. Herane

Herane Rookie

Jun 16, 2019
    Full Name:
    Adam
    You want this guy on your team! I can't say enough good things about Mike. He is the master of making deals work out. I only wish I met him earlier in my year-long search for a Ferrari F12. He got me the car I wanted and facilitated every minute aspect of the deal. I would not go with anyone else to buy or sell my next Ferrari. Thanks again Mike!

21. Craigster0725

Craigster0725 Rookie

Jun 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    Craig Lan
    Can’t say enough good about Mike. I did not end up with a Rari but that shows exactly how good and noble this guy is. Got in touch with Mike initially for a 458 and he guided me through step by step, analyzing what’s good options, price, etc with a ton of patience. Long story short I changed my mind which means no more commission for him but he continued to focus on my happiness and introduced his powerful network which led me to what I want without overpaying. Most importantly this guy still checked in with me regularly to make sure things go fine! His work ethic and efficiency puts every dealership in shame.

Thank you again Mike and trust me one phone call with him solves your car shopping problems!

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

britman and whatheheck like this.
  22. j34

j34 Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 13, 2019
    USA
    Full Name:
    J
    I’d like to share my experience with Mike. I called him up a couple of weeks ago for the first time based on his reputation on Fchat. I have a Blue Corsa 488 Spider and I was looking to pair that with a Rosso 70 Anni 812 with black seats/red stitching loaded with interior carbon.

Firstly, Mike is a stand-up, all around great guy. He is true to his word, loves Ferrari’s, and is genuinely focused on making sure the buyer and seller are thrilled with the outcome. He is anxiously waiting for you to have a huge grin on your face when the car comes off the truck, nearly as much as you are. He works really hard and has unique connections. I wasn’t able to find the spec I wanted online or in the Fchat classifieds- he found me two viable options within days. 2 weeks later my car has arrived and it’s as beautiful as I had been hoping for.

I will be buying all my Ferrari’s (and likely other brands) from Mike. I implore you to do the same.

britman likes this.
  23. britman

britman Rookie

Aug 10, 2019
    Durham NC
    Full Name:
    Lawrence Baxter
    Hi from a first-time Ferrari owner!

Not only is my Ferrari a dream, a stunner, everything I had hoped for, but the buying experience itself was a blast. Mike approaches the whole enterprise with honesty, gusto and humor. Does he ever sleep?

I'm an introvert; Mike not only taught me a lot about Ferraris but he has introduced me to a bunch of owners. And the car itself was everything promised and more, plus at an excellent price. I have always been a British car nut. I am now also a wildly enthusiastic Alfa and, thanks to Mike, Ferrari owner.

I cannot recommend this wild man enough. Always check in with Mike before you consider buying or selling! More important than finding the cars he does, Mike is a man of integrity who has quickly become a friend.

24. iericks

iericks Rookie

Jan 19, 2011
    Elk Grove
    I had the pleasure of talking with Mike a few years back. I was on the fence about buying an F430 because well, i don't have a lot of money and i was afraid to buy something without a warranty. He did not pressure me at all and we talked for hours. I ended up buying a starter Ferrari; a Maserati Granturismo. I have since added a porsche 911 to the garage. Both cars are great but I still want that horse!! I am currently trying to sell the GT and will contact Mike as soon as it is gone! It has been been almost 3 years since we talked but his passion left a great impression on me. We'll talk soon Mike!! Erick -from Sacramento.

whatheheck likes this.
  25. Zeus 1

Zeus 1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2015
    Lost Wages Nevada
    Full Name:
    Bill Z
    Hello all,

I was fortunate enough to find Mike through this wonderful forum. Be advised, he is a nut! No doubt he will make you laugh. I used Mike to sell my Ferrari
    after the dealer made me a ridiculous trade in offer. When you talk to Mike you will soon learn he is very knowledgeable about the Ferrari marque, and maybe
    more importantly, the car business. If you plan to buy or sell any type of high end car you should really just call him and tell him your needs. It will be well worth
    your time. No pressure, no games, you stay in total control. Bottom line, he is a great guy, and can help you buy or sell in a much more civilized way than you may have experienced in the past.

Thanks Mike you rock!