Any leads on Pista and thoughts? | FerrariChat

Any leads on Pista and thoughts?

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by mkraft3003, Jun 30, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mkraft3003

mkraft3003 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 20, 2016
    Tampa, Fl
    While I recently got my 812 Superfast in February I have been itching to get the Pista. Unfortunately, I was not lucky enough to be selected for a new one from my dealer. I had an opportunity to get a low spec one (390k msrp) for 45k over but someone beat me to it. So first question for the group is what are people in the US seeing for premiums being paid? Second question, does anyone have any leads on a lower spec one that’s available? (I have a deposit for the F8 but I think I prefer the exterior of the Pista and the possible lower depreciation curve vs. the F8) Thanks.

2. Rrr1

Rrr1 Formula Junior

Dec 24, 2018
    Full Name:
    Rrr1
    I’ve seen a few on James list and DuPont registry. Msrp are in the middle 440s to 475.

A local dealer sold one recently for 80k over - it was well optioned.

3. mkraft3003

mkraft3003 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 20, 2016
    Tampa, Fl
    I’ve seen those too. I’m looking for a 400k spec. Not a big fan of extra money on carbon on the exterior. My 812 and my old 458 and 488 were at a lower msrp with no carbon on the exterior. Thanks.

4. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    unlikely ur gonna find a low option spec - they sort of make you put on options

5. IPO1

IPO1 F1 Rookie

Dec 23, 2015
    #5 IPO1, Jun 30, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2019
    Good luck.

Let us know what you find.

sampelligrino likes this.
  6. mkraft3003

mkraft3003 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 20, 2016
    Tampa, Fl
    The one I missed out on was 390k (black with silver stripes) and another one that already has a buyer is a 405k Msrp. They are out there but definitely harder to find and maybe dependent on the part of country they are located?

7. carz80am

carz80am Formula Junior

Sep 23, 2015
    Northern Virginia/DC
    Most I've seen are lower 400's, I think you almost need it to have a lower 400k msrp for some normal options. Most I've seen go for $75k+, didn't realize they are out there for $45k over...

8. C50

C50 Formula 3

Aug 19, 2016
    Here’s one in Cali
    MSRP “>450”
    Appears to be RC over cuoio leather Daytonas, all the carbon, so not stripped spec
    Offered here for $630k

9. amgm5s8

amgm5s8 Rookie

Jun 1, 2017
    Palm Beach Gardens,
    Ft Lauderdale $525k

not on website yet. Don't know msrp. silver tho

10. boobernackle

boobernackle Formula Junior

May 28, 2016
    #10 boobernackle, Jul 2, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2019
    My dealer has had multiple Pistas for sale and is currently trying to sell one now (above MSRP of course). Others have posted the same findings as well, they're in dealer/mule hands, but not being advertised.

Keep in mind many dealers are owned by the same parent company, find yourself a good rep, or even a broker that has good relations, and you will find one. Even at $50K above MSRP, you're still far ahead than the gullible folks who purchased Lussos and lost $100K in the process to get a Pista, despite many of us that didn't need to and constantly tried to warn them.

Production is still ongoing so be patient, Ferrari left barely any money on the table like they did with the Speciale.

tekaefixe likes this.
  11. boobernackle

May 28, 2016
    #11 boobernackle, Jul 2, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2019
    Just another flip car by a third party with nothing but delivery miles. Plenty of these going around just to flip. Remember all the "Ferrari dealers are not allowed to sell a car above MSRP" or "Ferrari only builds cars with customer names on them", nothing but marketing.

Pista is a phenomenal car, just be patient, but you will have to pay above MSRP for it, just don't fall for the VIP hype. They want your money.

IPO1 likes this.
  12. Rrr1

Rrr1 Formula Junior

Dec 24, 2018
    Full Name:
    Rrr1
    Same old comment about people paying over sticker, or buying a lusso and losing money - who cares its not your money. Not everyone can be as fortunate as you in getting a Pista without having to play the games to get one.

Lukeylikey likes this.
  13. boobernackle

May 28, 2016
    Did you ignore the part I said you'll have to pay above MSRP if you want one? I don't expect the Pista market to soften soon, just look at the F8 and you'll know why.

My prior posts were to kill the smoke and mirrors dealers were pushing out, if you happen to run a large dealership group, you would easily know.

14. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    Gets very tiring. I’m not from the US but no-one I know owns a Lusso, quite a few I know have a Pista. My own Lusso was bought a long time before Pista was announced. Yep, I just like the car. Constant talk about massive Pista production, just wait etc. etc. Still seems to be a lot of people who can’t get a Pista. And as for “...don’t worry about VIP nonsense, they want your money” I mean, state the obvious or what?! But here’s the catch, the more VIPs there are, the longer you wait. And if there are altogether too many of them? Tough.

15. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    There have been a couple that have popped up in the shadows locally. Asking 75k and higher than Msrp.

16. mkraft3003

mkraft3003 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 20, 2016
    Tampa, Fl
    My comfort level is probably 50k over. If you hear of one please shoot me a PM. Thanks for the help!!

17. boobernackle

May 28, 2016
    Was it your dealer that offered you the low spec Pista at $45K over sticker, or third party?

18. Rrr1

Rrr1 Formula Junior

Dec 24, 2018
    Full Name:
    Rrr1
    My reply was in regards to your first comment on this thread, and more generally to comments you have made on other similar threads about how some people had to pay to play - we get it, you have some long purchase history and the rules that apply to us who have to take alternative paths to acquire a pista don't apply to you. End of the day its about getting the car you want - most of us here do not give a crap about 50, 100 or 200k.

19. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Im not actively looking for one as I already have an allocation but sure let me ping someone and see if they still have the car. ill pm you

20. boobernackle

May 28, 2016
    I get it, you do what works best for you and more power to you. I work with what works best for me, while also educating others new to the Ferrari space, at least in the USA. Europe and Australia seem to be entirely different.

MANDALAY likes this.
  21. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Check your PM

22. mkraft3003

mkraft3003 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 20, 2016
    Tampa, Fl
    Great. Thanks.

23. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Just sent you a message

24. jac

jac Karting

Nov 4, 2005
    Full Name:
    jack cohen
    I was offered a pista at list. Look around. I'm holding out for a spider below list used.

of2worlds and IPO1 like this.
  25. Rrr1

Rrr1 Formula Junior

Dec 24, 2018
    Full Name:
    Rrr1
    Really - Ill take the pista at list and put money in your pocket if you can make an into.

technom3 likes this.