430 - Alarm not activated by 2nd key | FerrariChat

430 Alarm not activated by 2nd key

Discussion in '360/430' started by azzurribaggio, Jul 2, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. azzurribaggio

azzurribaggio Formula Junior

Do the keys have batteries in them? My second key doesn't activate my alarm.

2. sakodik

sakodik Karting

Jun 2, 2016
    Santa Clara
    Full Name:
    Dan
    Yes they do. My second key doesn't activate my alarm (or lock/unlock) even after I replaced battery.

3. azzurribaggio

Ok how does one open these keys? I don'y want to scuff the hell out of it trying to open it improperly

4. Bob in Texas

Bob in Texas F1 Rookie

Apr 23, 2012
    Just East of Weird
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Lol, it’ll be ok. I replace mine every year.

There is a small grove on the bottom part of the red/black interface. Look close on the bottom side of the plastic. Put a small screwdriver in there and pry open. It’ll pop open easy enough. Takes 2 batteries piggyback.

If the new batteries don’t seem to work, try repeatedly pressing the button. Sometimes the keys get out of sync and it could take a (whole) bunch of presses to sync up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

5. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    What Bob says. I use a plastic trim tool to prevent scratching. 2 x CR1220 batteries. I buy them on Ebay for cheap (though I still stick with a name brand like Energizer or Duracell, not the no name Chinese ones). They are lithium, so they have a storage life of 7 to 10 years, so I keep spares, as there is not a concern with them going dead. I used my primary key until the battery died. It took a bit over 3.5 years. The spare key is/was fine. A two year battery change interval is probably more than adequate. But whatever works for you.

My local drug store charges $5 or $6 per battery. I can get four for $3 on Ebay
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/4-PIECE-Fresh-ENERGIZER-CR1220-BATTERY-3V-LITHIUM-CR-1220-DL1220-BR1220-EXP-2024/123123252614?epid=1673589750&hash=item1caab7bd86:g:pmoAAOSw2q9a8m8v

6. Bob in Texas

Bob in Texas F1 Rookie

Apr 23, 2012
    Just East of Weird
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Ha! I’m gonna have to go the eBay route, way cheaper!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

f355spider likes this.
  7. azzurribaggio

f355spider likes this.
  8. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Hopefully fresh batteries solves the problem. If you are curious to find out now, you could swap them between the remotes to see. If you don't have a plastic trim removal tool, wrap a couple layers of masking tape around the tip of your flat bladed screwdriver to protect the plastic remote housing.

9. azzurribaggio

Great tip!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using FerrariChat.com mobile app