Jeff Segal's F355 Modificta | FerrariChat

Jeff Segal's F355 Modificta

Discussion in '348/355' started by judd10, Jul 1, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. judd10

judd10 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 30, 2006
    Seattle, WA
  2. Challenge

Challenge Formula 3

Sep 27, 2002
    PA
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Saw it in Road & Track too. Sweet car but once again, silly misinformation about $20,000+ for headers. Some things never change...

Robb and MAD828 like this.
  3. phrogs

phrogs F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 13, 2004
    Michigan
    $20k for headers hahahaha

Robb likes this.
  4. 308 GTB

308 GTB F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 7, 2002
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Barry Wolinsky
    Robb, phrogs and kenneyd like this.
  5. carnutdallas

carnutdallas Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 11, 2010
    Dallas Burbs
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Ummmmm. Sounds like most of our cars. We all have modificata’s I like the steering wheel and seats, nice.

We should just be selling our cars with Modificata added, since most have done those needs and at considerably less cost. Should bump the market up. Will try that next go around

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. krazykarguy

krazykarguy Formula Junior

Apr 17, 2014
    Fort Mill, SC
    Full Name:
    Matt
    I'm putting a red 'M' on the back of our Spider. I'm sure FNA has a pile of 512M badges for cheap that I can snap the 'M' off of... :D

308 GTB, Robb and carnutdallas like this.
  7. GTO Joe

GTO Joe Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 15, 2013
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Joseph Troutwine
    Playing mind games with the BMW crowd are we. :)

8. krazykarguy

krazykarguy Formula Junior

Apr 17, 2014
    Fort Mill, SC
    Full Name:
    Matt
    After I do that, I might just paint three of the fins in the front grille green, white, and red.

308 GTB and carnutdallas like this.
  9. carnutdallas

carnutdallas Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 11, 2010
    Dallas Burbs
    Full Name:
    Rob
    The money that guys spend on modifying BMW and Porsche, easily covers the maintenance on a 355. And people over maintenance these based on a silly piece of paper - an addendum to the manual so cry baby dealers in the early 2000 could generate revenue on one of the best Ferrari’s ever built at the time. Yep, have some issues, but 1999 they were all worked out. How about 996 turbos that puke water out because they glued in water lines .

The bad rap our cars get is ridiculous. This article shows a nice clean car with some sweet “upgrades” but the basic car is all there, nothing like Singer and it represent what most of our cars are. Gee, thanks R/T... maybe we will get that Porsche “bump.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. WATSON

WATSON Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 9, 2010
    WI
    why didn't we think of this?

As a way to hedge against catastrophic failures, Segal bolted in modern, more robust replacements for items like the headers, gaskets and radiators, then reset the cam timing and balanced the throttle bodies in the name of reliability and long-term durability.

To make sure this Ferrari would be his ideal sports car, Segal made plenty of tweaks like adding European marker lights and replacing the bodywork between the taillights with metal mesh to aid cooling like the F40–to swapping new suspension and modern, high-performance brakes. And to be sure there’s no mistaking the Modificata for a stock F355, he swapped in a new exhaust: a powder-coated, free-breathing set of straight pipes that make his car louder than the ‘90s Challenge race car Ferrari built.

308 GTB likes this.
  11. Culprit

Culprit Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 4, 2011
    Santa Ana, CA
    Full Name:
    Ian
    I love the idea of the F355 x F40 mashup. The interior is great but the exhaust looks a bit half baked. With just a few more small touches it could be the complete package. Too bad the reporting is full of cliches and misinformation.

308 GTB and Robb like this.