Lewis Hamilton | Page 16 | FerrariChat

Lewis Hamilton

Discussion in 'F1' started by Senna1994, Jul 24, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    Interesting... I remember you telling us that you could not stand Senna....
    So double standards all around again, nothing new

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk

stavura, Jakuzzi and daytona355 like this.
  2. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    Are you kidding me? Go back and watch that race, and see how Damon negotiated with jordan to give that order.

daytona355 likes this.
  3. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    That is the lamest excuse ever anyway.. it is always the team boss giving the orders, not the driver. But for some reasons this again is something completely different then when Schumacher had team orders... probably because one is British

daytona355 likes this.
  4. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Verstappen
    Ricciardo
    Vettel
    Hamilton
    Raikkonen

Need more data on Leclerc really.

5. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Verstappen, Ricciardo, Leclerc, Vettel, raikonnen. I think I’d have to say there are a top six, and grudgingly include Elton, as I’ve always agreed he is a good driver and one of the best of the current crop.

I included LeClerc as for me, he shows great maturity at times when I am actually almost expecting him to do something stupid, so I can see that the polished article is just experience away. Vettel hasn’t lost it permanently, but he still suffers from overdriving the car to try to make up for the ferrari car deficit, and under challenge from a real threat in Chas! Get his head up and he will be the same seb that won in the red bulls.

Kimi is a remarkable developer of a car, and given equipment suited to him, is almost as fast as he was when the whole paddock wanted him back in 2003

Ricciardo had nowhere to go, hence Renault, and I hope he doesn’t languish there too long in the land of no hope.

Verstappen- what can you say, still needs maturity, I think leclerc is a more willing learner, but you can’t doubt his ability at the wheel, it’s decision making that still lets him down, but like Seb, some of that is because he is in the third best car in the grid and he knows it’s him that makes the difference to being 5th

Forza Ferrari..... the only racing team and car marque that matters. Italia forever It’s easier to apologise than it is to ask permission

6. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

I explain my choice, but we agree on Hamilton, Verstappen and Vettel, at least.

Ricciardo this year : RET, RET, 7th, RET, 12th, 9th, 6th 11th, 12th.

Raikkonen this year: 8th, 7th, 9th, 10th, 14th, 17th, 15th, 7th, 9th.

Now look at

Leclerc this year: 5th, 3rd, 5th, 5th, 5th, RET, 3rd, 3rd, 2nd. + 2 fastest laps

Bottas this year: 1st, 2nd, 2nd, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 2nd, 3rd. + 2 fastest laps

Stats don't lie, they are objective.

I can see clearly who is getting the best results from these 4 guys, and it's definitelly not Ricciardo or Raikkonen !!

That's how I justify my list of top five.

pilotoCS likes this.
  7. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

OK, maybe, but what about the other 21 wins?

8. pilotoCS

pilotoCS F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 19, 2019
    The Capital of The United States of America
    Full Name:
    Willis
    So now that this thread has been hijacked to a Damon Hill conversation, how long until the Jacques Villeneuve bashing starts?

william likes this.
  9. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

10. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    But we have to take in consideration the cars' reliability and outright speed advantage over others.

Putting Stroll in the best car he'll also finish in the top 5 every race, but that won't make him a better driver than Raikkonen or on par with Verstappen...

stavura, SimCity3, CRG125 and 3 others like this.
  11. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    #386 william, Jul 7, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2019

Since, according to the footnote on your posts, "Only Ferrari matters to me, not any other team or driver",
    I was not surprised that you made deregatory comments about a driver from another team.
    Nothing condescending in that, just a constatation.

kraftwerk likes this.
  12. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

You have your criteria, I have mine.

If it was horse racing, neither Ricciardo, not Raikkonen would be among the favourites.

13. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    So if you support one team, you can’t pass comment on the others? Well life would get boring real quick wouldn’t it. I have opinions on many things Bill, and I reckon you’d hate just about every damn one of them! The good thing is, I’ve never been a shrinking violet, so I get by just fine in every circumstance where my opinions upset others whether justified or not :)

stavura likes this.
  14. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    It is incredible how in a technical sport one can completely ignore the influence of the car and simply look at the results... as it is the same achievement to get an Alfa or the Renault on the top places as it is with a Mercedes...

Bas and daytona355 like this.
  15. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

You can make any comment on anything you want; this is still a free country, and I believe in free speech.
    It's just that your interventions are very predictible.

kraftwerk likes this.
  16. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    Didn't you say yourself having your point and not being influenced by other people's opinion is a question of strength?
    So obviously you think Sid is a very strong person...

daytona355 likes this.
  17. TonyL

TonyL F1 Rookie

Sep 27, 2007
    Norfolk - UK
    Full Name:
    Tony
    Absolutely, you could put all the drivers in a Merc / Ferrari / Alfa and you would all get different results. Drivers like different characteristics and so each car may not be adaptable to meet that criteria. IMHO, Mercedes designed the car around LH to great effect and he alone can squeeze out the last 1/100th of a second to beat the rest & Bottas. That's why no team has ever pleased two drivers.

To try and predict who and what car would be best in someone elses hands is pointless, much like discussing if Jim Clark would win in the current Ferrari, he would possibly crap himself.

Tony

kraftwerk and william like this.
  18. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    I agree, Hamilton has had
    a great influence on making the car what it is today

william likes this.
  19. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    Sorry, but you completely miss the point. William stated the statistics what places Kimi, Ricciardo achieved and compared them to Bottas and Leclerc, and just because of these results he rated the drivers. When one does say you can not say that Bottas is better because he is fifth (in the Mercedes) than Ricciardo being 10th (in the Renault) I do not see how you read into these posts any predictions what place Ricciardo exactly would achieve in the Mercedes...It simply says that the result is not only dependent on the driver but the driver and (to a large extend) the car. And what this has to do with Clark and the current Ferrari remains a mystery to me...
    You guys always read things into posts that were NEVER written...
    How would you possibly know??? This is simply wishful thinking....
    There is no testing, you remember?

Bas and daytona355 like this.
  20. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Did you know there is still testing, such as winter testing? And on track testing/practice as new parts are developed?
    Do you think there is no communication with Ham and the engineers during a race weekend?
    Do you think there was no communication between Ham and engineers during winter testing?
    Do you think engineers try new settings and parts on the car without any cummunication or feedback from Ham?

(Answering any of the above questions incorrectly may discredit you of F1 knowledge)

kraftwerk and william like this.
  21. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    And this coming from you...whose sole F1 knowledge seems to be based on Wikipedia

PS: but it is actually funny that those telling us in the past that Lewis never had any preferred treatment agree with a post that says the whole car is built in favour of Lewis... now if this is not No.1 status I do not know what is. This is makes it even a bigger achievement when Bottas actually manages to beat Lewis form time to time

Bas likes this.
  22. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    He barely turns up for winter testing, and he is well known in the paddock for his lack of interest in testing duties.... he does what he has too and that’s it. Parts these days are mainly tested in the wind tunnel and via CAD, it’s rare the driver is involved to any great extent. Even the simulator work is extremely limited for Elton as he sees it as the job of the teams reserve drivers

Bas likes this.
  23. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    And there is no real testing during the weekend. It is not like the teams are trying several parts to look for the direction the car has to be developed, they bring one update that is approved by the simulators and then the drivers confirm or not...nothing like in the Schumacher era when they testing tons of parts and relied on the drivers judgement what is good for the car.

daytona355 and Bas like this.
  24. fer312t

fer312t Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2010
    Hmm, 'barely shows up'...and yet:

Combined Winter testing mileage by driver, 2019

#1 - Most testing miles - Lewis Hamilton, Mercedes - 1845 miles
    #1 - Most laps in testing - Lewis Hamilton, Mercedes - 638 laps

Whoops :cool:

25. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran