dash cam locations | FerrariChat

dash cam locations

Discussion in '360/430' started by aslowdodge, Jul 14, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. aslowdodge

aslowdodge Karting

Jun 5, 2004
    Marietta, Georgia
    For those who have a f430 and have dash cams , where do you mount yours and what view do you have? I'm looking at a 2 channel with front and rear cameras. I'm wondering where to mount the rear camera. On the windshield looking back into the car and hoping to get views out the side windows and back window, or the back window? I've seen on install where the rear camera was mounted on the back window inside the cabin.

2. cpep

cpep Formula Junior

Nov 11, 2017
    new york
    Full Name:
    CHARLIE
    I bought the two in one with front and rear in one camera because I have a spider and dont have a back window. Have it mounted to the right of the rearview mirror.

3. whatheheck

whatheheck F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 27, 2006
    Seattle, Wa
    Full Name:
    Dan L.
    I have the Vantrue dual camera mounted on the front windshield just to the right of rear view mirror.

I will take photos later today and post it here.

Dan

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

4. aslowdodge

aslowdodge Karting

Jun 5, 2004
    Marietta, Georgia
    Dan, what kind of rear view do you get? Side windows and gun slit view out the back?

5. whatheheck

whatheheck F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 27, 2006
    Seattle, Wa
    Full Name:
    Dan L.
    I'm only interested in getting car interior video shots so that is all I get.

I give a lot of rides to people so I use the video clips primarily to protect myself from getting accused of something I didn't do.

I also get to see how the dealer mechanics drive my car when it's there for service.

6. aslowdodge

aslowdodge Karting

Jun 5, 2004
    Marietta, Georgia
    Good points Dan. I guess I was looking at hit and runs from behind

whatheheck likes this.
  7. whatheheck

whatheheck F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 27, 2006
    Seattle, Wa
    Full Name:
    Dan L.
    You can mount another dash cam right behind the rear windscreen if you have a Spider. You can tap power from behind the driver seat power cables.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

8. Fenz

Fenz Karting

Nov 8, 2018
    Team Europe
    Videos from my Blackvue 750:

9. aslowdodge

aslowdodge Karting

Jun 5, 2004
    Marietta, Georgia
    thanks for videos. I went a more economical route with the VIOFO A129 Duo. I was looking at blackview but I saw something about heat issues where the camera will simply stop recording. Being in Georgia I didn't want to take that chance.

10. ARMfastlane

ARMfastlane Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2019
    Plymouth, MI
    Full Name:
    Adam