Gtc4 lusso problems | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Gtc4 lusso problems

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by Asthenia, Jan 21, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Asthenia

Asthenia Rookie

Mar 28, 2017
    Do any of you know people who have also replaced gearboxes and PTU and or engine on a lusso?
    I know one guy on this forum who has a PTU to replace from the USA.

2. clockem

clockem Formula 3

May 18, 2009
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Gary
    They should fully refund what you paid for the car. This would fall under the lemon laws in the US.

925kevin, otakki and G. Pepper like this.
  3. Asthenia

Asthenia Rookie

Mar 28, 2017
    Well.. i sure hope so.. but i guess talking to them won’t help..
    all the proof is there, but actually getting a refund will be a fight.. they don’t care about their customers. That’s what I feel about it. At bmw they treat you miles better.

And the worst thing is that I love ferrari. Even if they refund me i will still buy a new one..
    the other guy that sued ferrari SA never even got an answer.. that says a lot.. and he had the same issues as me. So now he is continuing the lawsuit.. 25th february he’ll go to court

4. R J

R J Formula Junior

May 17, 2017
    UK
    So sorry to read about this awful situation. Are these common problems/design defects? Either way, this is a terrible situation and would have hope Ferrari would have stood by their product and customer to resolve quickly. That doesn’t seem to be your experience.

5. George Vosburgh

George Vosburgh F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Would you mind telling us what dealer put you through this??

G. Pepper likes this.
  6. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    my dealer in the northeast has only seen 1 PTU fail. it was on an FF and happened because the owner bumped a wall with the car. urs is the first i heard about it happening with a lusso. never heard of an engine failing.

7. Asthenia

Asthenia Rookie

Mar 28, 2017
    Well I'm not alone. There is also an american who has to have his PTU replaced and also a belgian.. So 3 cases already

Plus de belgian guy also has to have his engine replaced (like me), zo 2 engine failures at less than 15k miles