High mileage 308 QV, 308 inj. and/or 308 carb. | Page 3 | FerrariChat

High mileage 308 QV, 308 inj. and/or 308 carb.

Discussion in '308/328' started by Nero308QV, Apr 11, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 19633500GT

19633500GT F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
    When I buy another 308 series down the road, I am going to buy a high mileage example, with direct history and paper working proving the 1000's of miles it did a year.

I bet that car will run way better than any lower mileage car I've owned prior.

miketuason and eyeman1234 like this.
  2. Ray F

Ray F Karting

Jul 17, 2005
    Somerset, England
    Full Name:
    Ray Forster
    117k miles on '85 QV GTS, just being repainted, never had engine cracked, used for most trips when weather reasonable (I'd say nice, but in UK have to settle for the former most of the time ;).

3. FrannyB

FrannyB Formula Junior

May 20, 2014
    Arvada, CO
    Our '85 Euro is just past 48K and had to have a complete top end with two bent exhaust valves (missed on the PPI) just after we bought it a few years ago. But,... It is running great now and a real pleasure to drive. In fact, it worried me a bit coming from Porsche that you see such low miles on Ferraris in general. Our '86 3.2 Carrera has about 95K when we bought it a few years ago and that was kind of low(ish). It is currently apart for a transmission refresh and I'll do a top-end while I'm at it. With both cars, if the proper maintenance was performed correctly (that is super important) I don't see why the 308 would be any different than the 3.2. The myth out there that Ferraris aren't as reliable as Porsches is just that... Properly maintained and cared for and both should go for quite a while.

It is great to see you guys out really driving your cars! Respect. It is so rare to see anything but a truck or SUV out here.

Franny

thorn likes this.
  4. CohassetJoe

CohassetJoe Rookie

Oct 2, 2013
    Cohasset, MA, USA
    Full Name:
    Joe D
    I have 67k on my ‘78 308. Original paint, carpets, leather etc. Engine hasn’t been out. Seems like the cars that are maintained properly don’t blow up. That said, maintaining hasn’t been cheap. I’ve had ALL rubber hoses replaced and a full suspension rebuild in the 7 years I’ve owned her.

Shout out to Franny! Love your You Tube channel.

FrannyB likes this.
  5. hanknum

hanknum Formula 3

Nov 1, 2003
    Santa Barbara
    Full Name:
    Henry