What have you done to your Ferrari Today? | Page 85 | FerrariChat

What have you done to your Ferrari Today?

Discussion in '308/328' started by SteveGTB, Feb 5, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. F129b

F129b Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2004
    oc, calif.
    Full Name:
    Robert
    thoke, offtheworkigo and 308 milano like this.
  2. F129b

F129b Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2004
    oc, calif.
    Full Name:
    Robert
  3. Brian A

Brian A F1 Rookie

Dec 21, 2012
    SanFrancisco BayArea
    Full Name:
    1983 US 308 GTS QV
    I cannot say it was what I did "today" on my Ferrari, but over these last days (weeks!) I changed shifter shaft seals, oil pan gaskets, oil filter housing gasket, valve cover gaskets, cam seals, PCV hoses, installed a windage tray and regapped/reshimmed the valves … everything except the reason why I hoisted the car in the first place; to change the cam belts. I am now going to wait to do the cam belts until after I run the car in the Virginia City Hill Climb. Technically, it is not 5 years on the cam belts until November anyway.

The good news/bad news is that I confirmed without a doubt that the seals inside my flywheel/clutch/dropgear housings are leaking gear oil. The stupid car still drips oil.

thorn and miketuason like this.
  4. miketuason

miketuason F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2006
    Cerritos, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Change my oil, oil filter, and new copper washer for the drain plug.

5. offtheworkigo

offtheworkigo Karting

Feb 23, 2016
    Rockwall
    Full Name:
    Dave Hoffer
    Robert I take it you really like Gyeon Q2 trim coating. Never used it before. Do you use it on the top, side vents, rear vents, mirrors? It does a good job and last a long time? Not greasy? Thanks Dave

6. offtheworkigo

offtheworkigo Karting

Feb 23, 2016
    Rockwall
    Full Name:
    Dave Hoffer
    Robert did you hand paint it with what kind of paint. Any special way of doing it? Did you do it on the car or take the badge off? Thanks Dave

7. Rosey

Rosey F1 Rookie

Nov 5, 2015
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Mark R
    Consider using 303 Protectant on the black mirror surrounds and targa top. Not sure how it goes on the painted or anodised finishes.
    Best product I have used for ultimate UV protection on plastic, vinyl, etc plus it leaves it a perfect, non greasy, factory correct satin sheen.
    Every good detailers best friend.

8. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    #2108 nerofer, Jul 16, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2019
    Used the 328 GTB as a high-speed medical vehicle for the cat…

The cat is not mine, but he lives in the garden of the family house, a nice companion. Didn’t came to greet me on Friday evening when I arrived, like he usually does, so I thought he had other matters to attend. But when he did came on Saturday morning, it was obvious something was wrong : he was sitting in the middle of the backyard, holding his front right paw above the ground and curled behind. When he eventually moved, he was walking on three legs only. I thought to myself : front right leg broken. After examination, nothing seemed to be broken, but three deep bite points inside the leg, widely spaced ; leg slightly swollen : probably dog bite, and infection. Now what should I do ? I don’t know whose cat he is, so I was not sure I had legally the right to take him to the vet. However, obviously the wounds were not new, so either he has no master to take care of him, or they don’t care. And as he lives outside and fights often, he shouldn't be left like that in the vague hope that the infection will receed eventually.

Let’s take him to the vet ! Trouble : he is not mine, so I don’t have a carrier to put him inside. Toured the village, no carrier for sale, but was told that five kilometers from the center of the town, I would find a shop with carriers. Jumped into the 328 GTB, everything went fine, except that the seats were full of rejuvinator oil from Leatherique that I didn’t have time to clean before the vet center closes…soiled my clothes, but nevermind. Bought a carrier, rather small ; stopped home, eventually managed to push the big tomcat inside (he didn’t made me things easy, as he wasn’t happy…) and brought him to the vet in the 328 GTB. They treated him, gave him a shot of antibiotics, we came home; the bandit took a nap in the sun during the afternoon to get back to shape (pic below). Washed my clothes, cleaned the GTB's seats, and those of the GTS that I had done with rejuvinator at the same time (a mistake: one car with clean seats available would have been fine).
    Now everything fine, or that’s what I thought…

The cat left on Saturday night ; came back at the end of Sunday’s afternoon with…another bite wound in the neck ! Most probably his ailing front paw didn’t allow him to escape fast enough. Result : another visit to the vet, on Monday morning, but this time in the GTS.
    (And the vets were slightly baffled by this stray cat without name or "owner" coming twice to them in three days, each time in a different Ferrari…)
    I spare you the pictures of the wounds. In the meantime, his leg is going much better...

Rgds

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

JuLiTrO, Ligu, speedcat and 5 others like this.
  9. Martin308GTB

Martin308GTB F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 22, 2003
    Black Forest Germany
    Full Name:
    Martin N.
    Great mission, Bruno.
    How's he doing now? Too bad, that you can't adopt him. Are you on vacation?

Best
    Martin

308 milano likes this.
  10. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    No, I was there only for the week-end; but one of my cousins will be there this week to oversee his return to shape. He was already walking much better yesterday when I left. I hope he could stay out of trouble at least until he recovers fully...
    Rgds

308 milano likes this.
  11. Ray F

Ray F Karting

Jul 17, 2005
    Somerset, England
    Full Name:
    Ray Forster
    You are on your way to heaven my friend, for taking car of this kitty like he was your own.

Rosey and Milkshaker0007 like this.
  12. Brian A

Brian A F1 Rookie

Dec 21, 2012
    SanFrancisco BayArea
    Full Name:
    1983 US 308 GTS QV
    The world thanks you for your kindness.

Milkshaker0007 likes this.
  13. ClydeM

ClydeM F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Wayne, NJ
    Full Name:
    Clyde E. McMurdy
    It's 100 degrees here in NNJ...real-feel suppose to be like 105 & 110. Too hot to take the GTB out even with it's Frigidaire-like A/C (j/k).
    So she got a shower, she's basking inside with Leatherique for the next few days to be followed by a wipe-down with Pristine clean
    and the garage is cool enough to put some P21 Wax on.

I was made aware of a break-booster issue when she first started at her last shop visit (Yesterday in fact). It was suggested the booster check valve was shot. Well, the 308's is NA (#101538), the 328 is NA (#128435), so I've ordered a 360 plastic one(#193186) per other posts. TY GT Car parts. There is a 328 one listed at Superformance.UK, but it's a bit pricier. I'll wait a month or two for Brexit when the pound drops and the sky falls according to some pundits.
    I did pull the original metal one & clean it with brake cleaner. We'll see how that works.

And while I was in there, I noticed the T-Union (#109887) right below the check valve had a hole in it. dang. covered it with metal tape temporarily and then I noticed it's in far worse shape. Ordered a replacement. TY again, GT Carparts. Otherwise Home Depot was on my list of places to visit for a metal T-union per another thread.
    It's kinda sad, really, that GT Car Parts know my voice and I no longer have to tell them my name. They just ship what I ask for.

14. dflett

dflett Formula 3

Jun 24, 2005
    NY
    Full Name:
    David
    It’s a little cooler further north Clyde but still too hot for a 308 with no A/C

Regards
    David

15. F129b

F129b Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2004
    oc, calif.
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Removed then reinstalled A pillar trim to uninstall hard-wired radar detector. Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login
    1)pop off center trim piece(gently pry w flat blade
    2)drill out rivets
    3)remove main portion of A pillar trim
    4)clean and re-tuck vinyl
    5)reattach into rivet holes w appropriate screws
    6)snap center trim piece back in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

miketuason, pilotoCS and thorn like this.
  16. thorn

thorn F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2012
    Tallahassee, FL
    No real reason to rivet them back in, unless you care about a concours judge. ;)

17. Martin308GTB

Martin308GTB F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 22, 2003
    Black Forest Germany
    Full Name:
    Martin N.
    With common rivet guns it won't work anyway. Space is narrow and one would need an extra small or customized head.

Best from Germany
    Martin

18. F129b

F129b Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2004
    oc, calif.
    Full Name:
    Robert
    No, it’s just a nice driver
    My 98 355GTS on the other hand...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    I had a spy there this week-end (= the gardener) the cat was in HIS garden; seems he is fine, still limping slightly...will check myself the coming week-end.

Rgds
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Martin308GTB likes this.
  20. Saabguy

Saabguy Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 28, 2012
    Shreveport, LA
    Wait a minute, "removed rockers"? Where all the nasty front to rear hoses go?

What does that take?

Lester

21. Martin308GTB

Martin308GTB F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 22, 2003
    Black Forest Germany
    Full Name:
    Martin N.
    Angle grinder?

Best
    Martin

22. Saabguy

Saabguy Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 28, 2012
    Shreveport, LA
  23. Saabguy

Saabguy Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 28, 2012
    Shreveport, LA
    Hmm maybe I'll just pull the hoses through although, I do have an angle grinder and a MIG welder... I mean it may be easier than pulling everything through and I can straighten the rockers at the same time.

Lester

24. 27811

27811 Karting

Jun 24, 2019
    Full Name:
    Hypertrash
    #2125 27811, Jul 22, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2019

Attached Files:

thorn likes this.