812 TDF? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

812 TDF?

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by nice, Jul 18, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. KenU

KenU Formula Junior

Oct 14, 2004
    Planet Earth
    Full Name:
    Ken
    Neh

2. nice

nice Karting

Feb 17, 2016
    Scottsdale/So Cal
    I started this post after a discussion with my dealer. Thus far I’ve had an f12, 488 spider (over msrp) and lusso (@msrp).

We discussed me buying another lusso at msrp and a tailor made 812 as well as the pista coupe which I’ve already speced.

We have not yet shaken hands on the deal but the dealer felt comfortable with an 812tdf/monza for me if I agreed to the above.

I think there is significant risk on my part given all the unknowns but hard to imagine I’ll lose money if I dislike the car and don’t hold on to it. As everyone knows, limited Ferrari’s have been winning the value game for many years.

j09333 likes this.
  3. j09333

j09333 Formula 3

May 7, 2004
    Your road map is way ecomonical than mine if you can get one.
    To my eye, it seems your dealer try to put you on the right track.

I hope I can get Icona AKA monza with current purchase history.

4. nads

nads Formula Junior

Jun 4, 2008
    London, UK
    I would think hard about that one.......I find it very difficult to believe for any dealer to commit to some sort of deal at the moment without knowing or having an idea of production numbers (unless you are a established and well known Tier 1 customer). I would expect this particular LE to be produced in a relatively small edition and difficult to secure. I would expect the selection criteria on this to be similar to that of the LAF. Now buying lots of new cars is always a good thing and will ultimately pay off in time, just not sure if it will get you what you want at the moment......if that is your sole goal. Just my two bits.......

KenU likes this.
  5. Nelsonc275

Nelsonc275 Formula 3

Sep 27, 2013
    Which dealer do you purchase your cars from?

6. clockem

clockem Formula 3

May 18, 2009
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Gary
    I find it difficult that with your buying history you are a tier 1 customer. I have bought 8 new Ferrari's 430 spider, 458 coup, 3 California's, 488 spider, 812 super fast) over 9 years and I am not tier 1

KenU likes this.
  7. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    I have been speculating about this car from when Lucca said the finale F12 will be epic. This was years ago. Many have said no open top due to the F60 but I believed that as long as there was an evolution model version between them all bets would be off. Many disagreed with that. I believe you are correct about the selection criteria. Given the truly special nature of this vehicle, it's the Tier 1's of the Tier 1's and pre-selected by the factory. I hope the quantity is quite limited - 500 cars would be a good number. Of course, some seemingly ineligible buyers will get one which will infuriate the rest. Can't wait to hear someone post they are on the list and its their first Ferrari!

8. Sims123

Sims123 Karting

Sep 25, 2016
    Svizzera
    I got offered a contract for the TDF successor, which I signed. It s my personal speculation that she will be called the 812 MM........Mille Miglia

LVP488 and ajr550 like this.
  9. richigga

richigga Rookie

Sep 27, 2017
    Full Name:
    MC
    Maybe its because u have not yet purchased a limited run car? Also the length of ownership and how many cars u own at same time is taken in consideration as well

10. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    Can someone confirm that the frog that I am has understood

There will be three models based on the 812

1) An hardcore LE model, called 812 Monza
    2)An Ultra-LE Model(Like F60,J50,Sergio) barchetta/speedster body style
    3)An Aperta LE model

11. SmokeyJoe

SmokeyJoe Karting

Mar 4, 2012
    First there will be a “standard” convertible 812 presented in Geneva in March.
    This has been kept under wraps as they did the mistake of introducing the 488 Spider too quickly after launching the coupé.
    Nobody wanted the coupé after that.

12. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Not correct.

Marcel Massini

13. Jelial

Jelial Formula Junior

Mar 25, 2017
    I'm just a bit confused now.... I just hope there will be an hard core, track focused version based on the 812 like the TDF whatever the name will be!!

14. JagShergill

JagShergill Formula 3

Dec 31, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Jag shergill
    Not true !!!!
    Fer9000 said the spider will be announced Nov.... and I believe pretty much everything he says !!

montpellier, ttn27 and Nelsonc275 like this.
  15. ttn27

ttn27 Formula 3

Sep 30, 2010
    TX
    Full Name:
    TN
  16. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    See post 38.

Marcel Massini

JagShergill and KenU like this.
  17. montpellier

montpellier Formula Junior

Aug 27, 2009
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Not true, end of 2019, plus, 812 is a GT and that hardtop will seriously damage luggage space unless they are really clever (which they are of course) and for me that would be a major issue with the practicality of the car, despite being a big fan of convertible cars.

18. montpellier

montpellier Formula Junior

Aug 27, 2009
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Paul
    It is not guaranteed. You have the Monza and Spider for now. Though the chance to gain a fe dollars more end of product life cycle is unlikely to be missed. Though it is getting to the point of what more can you have .

19. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    Ferrari classifies the 812 as a sports car.

Il Co-Pilota likes this.
  20. Vincent Lehmann

BANNED

Oct 4, 2018
    Paris
    Dear Mr. Massini,
    First and foremost thank you so much for all of your insightful information.

Do you believe the 812 convertible will be limited or simply built in a reduced time frame?
    Do you believe there will be an 812 Monza & an 812 Monza Aperta?

I look forward to your response & would love to meet you soon...

Liebe Grüsse aus Zürich
    Vincent Lehmann