Ferrari SF90 Stradale : picture and news thread | Page 80 | FerrariChat

Ferrari SF90 Stradale : picture and news thread

Discussion in 'SF90 Stradale' started by maha, May 29, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Shack

Shack F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2005
    Earth
    Shadow - did u wake up on the wrong side of the bed :)

2. BarryK

BarryK Formula 3

Dec 17, 2016
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Barry K
    Leaving silly comparisons of Spitfire vs F-22 aside, the reality is that if the power to weight of two cars are close, then you would much prefer the lighter car, all other things being equal. In the case of the SF90, once the battery juice is gone after a lap or two, you are lugging 200kg of dead weight, putting it a long way behind the Pista. When you want to corner hard, weight makes a lot more difference than max power - just saying the obvious. If you just want to brag about straight lines, sure, why not the SF90, or a tesla for that matter :)

j09333 and tekaefixe like this.
  3. tekaefixe

tekaefixe Formula 3

May 10, 2012
    CH
    Full Name:
    Paulo
    Some people like to justify their preferences for anything ferrari comparing it with whatever. Soon someone will justify that the SF90 is amazing using some dumb ass condom analogy.

Ohanoune and j09333 like this.
  4. j09333

j09333 Formula 3

May 7, 2004
    Lol

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

Ohanoune likes this.
  5. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    Wishful thinking... :D

jpalmito likes this.
  6. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    Lots of conjecture. The 918 is supposedly heavier, yet no one accused it of being lardy or of eating through its tyres like there 's no tomorrow. I 'd say we 'd better wait for the first tests instead of jumping to conclusions.

x z8, Lukeylikey, stavura and 2 others like this.
  7. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    Ok shack maybe I went a bit far.....or, maybe I didn't go far enough! I guess my disappointment got the better of me. I think it was all the BB hype leading up to the release and then when the wrap was finally lifted reality hit me over the head like a baseball bat. For me it was a huge disappointment - the obvious design fail - the weight.....ahh...where does it end. Now mac will release something that will put the final nail in the coffin.

tekaefixe and Ohanoune like this.
  8. Shack

Shack F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2005
    Earth
    I get it and appreciate your enthusiasm. I would say wait until you have seen the car and driven it. Remember I have spent quite a bit of time in the 918 which weight wise has the same issue and I never found it an issue. Hey... also dont buy it then :)

Lukeylikey, jpalmito and Shadowfax like this.
  9. j09333

j09333 Formula 3

May 7, 2004
    As for 918 has no issue when driven on track, how about the service cost?
    What is required after heavy use on track matters. On track no car should have issues. What matters is after track use.

Also, the fear of what might go wrong or the service cost of complex system have ever made you hesitate to use the car at the maximum limit?

10. Shack

Shack F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2005
    Earth
    Not my car - was just a passenger

11. jumpinjohn

jumpinjohn F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 22, 2013
    Texas
    Full Name:
    John
    What I have gleaned so far is that some people absolutely hate and despise the SF90. Some people really like it a lot. And some people are neutral or at least waiting until it is seen and driven live before deciding.

The comical thing is that the first group cannot seem to tolerate any other opinion - as demonstrated by pejorative language equating such opinions to blind adoption of anything Ferrari.

Come on guys, lighten up!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

12. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    Maybe I shouldn’t be surprised by the vitriol, and yet I am...

13. Ohanoune

Ohanoune Karting
    BANNED

Sep 29, 2016
    Paris/ Milan/ Dubai
    The fiorano =

Sent from my SM-N920C using FerrariChat.com mobile app

14. Ohanoune

Ohanoune Karting
    BANNED

Sep 29, 2016
    Paris/ Milan/ Dubai
    If they didn't know about that camaro .. that should have asked otherwise for the sake of Ferrari that design team should be replaced immiditaliy.

Sent from my SM-N920C using FerrariChat.com mobile app

15. noone1

noone1 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
    So does anyone actually know how much the SF90 is going to weigh? I see people saying upwards to 1800 kg. Seems like a lot, but then again, the LF/918/P1 weren't exactly light and they had complete composite construction.

16. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua

According to Ferrari.com
    1,570 kg dry weight

Motortrend stated they got about 1,580 kg curb weight for a LaF.

1,800 wouldn't surprise me at all.

17. tekaefixe

tekaefixe Formula 3

May 10, 2012
    CH
    Full Name:
    Paulo
    I’ve already told you guys, at least 1850kg!
    Now put two fat asses inside (to combine with the car) and voila 2150kg for 875hp.... not super amazing if you ask me...

paulchua likes this.
  18. George330

George330 Formula 3

Oct 19, 2009
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    George
    The evolution of Fchat threads these days beggars belief...Pista gets launched and we spend months discussing that it is less charismatic than the Speciale, the sound is rubbish, the interior is dated, the 720S is much more advanced etc. Then the car gets tested by the magazines, performs well -and having driven it on track I can confirm it is out of this world and miles better than the 720S- and we all move on to the next hate topic. The SP1/SP2 gets launched and it is a 812SF in drag, too expensive, the lack of windscreen will kill you (but many of us buy fast motorcycles) and it is way too heavy for a CF-bodied car. Then the car appears in Goodwood -tell me you didn’t enjoy seeing it run up the hill-, turns up in some shows where it has drawn the crowds even sitting next to cars worth 10 times its price and once the first tests come out I think people will recognise it for what it is, a timeless, classic Ferrari. Now the pet hate of the month is the SF90. When we saw the paper spec we had countless arguments on the price, with many people speculating it will be a 1 million car. Ferrari unveils the car and it costs half that, so now we think it is too heavy -although it is not heavier than a 918- the lights look terrible, its rear-end is too big, the power is not available all the time, the touch controls on the steering wheel are ugly and the 64m lead on the LaF in Fiorano is all down to tyres. I hope by the time the car is tested by the motoring magazines -where it will outperform the Pista, as the testers in Fiorano recently told me- Ferrari has launched its next car, otherwise we will run out of cars to complain about
    In my opinion Ferrari makes better cars now than ever before in its history. The entire range, including the Lusso and the Portofino are very special vehicles that one can drive reliably every day and still outperform pretty much anything. They also sell better than ever. I think Ferrari deserves a little more faith in its product development, but of course everyone is entitled to their opinion

x z8, Jim Smith, Picchu88 and 42 others like this.
  19. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    +1000!
    Post of the year !

20. Louis Robas

Louis Robas Rookie

Jun 4, 2018
    Full Name:
    Louis Gabriel O. Robas
    Well said!

21. jumpinjohn

jumpinjohn F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 22, 2013
    Texas
    Full Name:
    John
    Quit talking sense!!

;)

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

F2003-GA likes this.
  22. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    George,
    I, too, have wondered about this. After a while, you see who are full-time critics.

Let me be clear, criticism and opposing viewpoints are not only necessary but a healthy and essential component for any vibrant forum.

However, there is a small cohort here that take pleasure at only being critical on all things Ferrari. Some have been very skillfully skating right on the line of being a troll. Sadly it is a real and present reality on any internet site.

I liken the behavior to a jilted lover, forever stalking the object that they decry. Deciding to take every opportunity to proclaim the downsides of their supposed bane.
    All one can do is pity the behavior.

Imagine if one spends time at an Edsel enthusiast site, with the goal to be contentious?
    A genuinely pathetic situation for those persons to say the least.
    Many here know all too well whom I speak.

23. F Cars

F Cars Rookie

Apr 12, 2016
    San Francisco, CA
    Have there been any rumors of an SF90 open car? Mechanical top or manual targa like the LaFA?

24. ferrarifanatic25

ferrarifanatic25 Formula Junior

Apr 9, 2009
    OC
    Many thought the car would be a targa at release. Informed members have also hinted at this possibility. I would be surprised if something along the lines of a targa isn’t already in the works.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

ARAUJO77 likes this.
  25. mofatmi9

mofatmi9 Rookie

Aug 5, 2018
    Jeddah, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
    Full Name:
    Mohammed Fatmi
    Wish I could like this multiple times! Well said.

Caeruleus11 likes this.