Hammy more than a bit butt-hurt over Hockenheim | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Hammy more than a bit butt-hurt over Hockenheim

Discussion in 'F1' started by pilotoCS, Aug 1, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Nortonious

Nortonious Formula 3

Sep 20, 2018
    TX
    I believe this thread was started about Ham's unwillingness to allow Netflix to use the German GP footage, his apparent illness, and how many of us feel this is consistent with a shallow and unlikeable personality.

2. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Again what does this thread have to do with racing, and the success an individual can obtain ?

william likes this.
  3. Nortonious

Nortonious Formula 3

Sep 20, 2018
    TX
    #28 Nortonious, Aug 2, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2019
    Again? What again?

perhaps you need to reread william's post. He questioned my post and now you question the purpose of the thread...which I incidentally did not start. So where is the "again" ??

it does feel like some Ham fans are a bit sensitive to any criticism of their driver....again.

But I will say this... I suspect the decision to allow or not allow Netflix usage of German GP footage was made above Hamilton. It is just really sad that Mercedes tried so hard to set the stage for a big publicity stunt at their "home" GP in a season they were dominating....and then pulled the plug when things didn't turn out their way. Seems poor form to me.

4. stavura

stavura Formula 3

Sep 1, 2016
    U.K
    Full Name:
    Harold Lounge
    And 1 specific fan claims he does not support any driver yet defends Lewis like his own child.... Which I find strange.

Ric, nsxrebel, P.Singhof and 3 others like this.
  5. fer312t

fer312t Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2010
    Quite a nice and a very common sentiment actually. I know the the couple of occasions I've had food poising and feeling completely destroyed and vulnerable, this is absolutely your first though - what would it be life to sick this every day - and you get a very small window into what many people are dealing with on a daily bases. Very sobering.

I appreciate Lewis when in off-the-cuff mode. It's all very genuine and endearing :cool:

william, lorenzobandini and ktu like this.
  6. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Agreed. This is a needless debate over nothing. LH has stipulations contract that allow for control of image release. That is hardly anything new.

The team also support his request?? Appears so. Another thread sure potential for bans. If you do not see LH on camera who misses him?? He chose to stay off camera. World turns. Asking for privacy is nothing new. Schumi family has requested same. The reason doesn’t matter to me.

william, lorenzobandini and ktu like this.
  7. SimCity3

SimCity3 F1 Rookie

If Hamilton wanted privacy while suffering from man-flu he could have chosen not to race.
    It was all going well and victory was going to look magnificent on Netflix until Lewis and the team made mistakes. Suddenly Lewis wants privacy.
    Not so difficult to see through this one.

Ric, nsxrebel, stavura and 4 others like this.
  8. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    I know it's a rhetorical question but it's the latter, of course.

Ric, nsxrebel, stavura and 3 others like this.
  9. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    So the little mermaid and prince charming (Eric if i recall correctly) Played by Toto himself"...planned a big wedding party and then the rain came and washed it all away..how unfair, lololo, aren't mermaids suppose to like water?
    I know the show didn't go according Merc plans...but it turned out so much better, lololo

Isobel, Ric, nsxrebel and 1 other person like this.
  10. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    The point is doesn't matter if Lewis want to be in Netflix or not. This issue is blown up because of who he is, drivers get sick all the time. Now Fchat has another thread because the media loves to use the most popular driver to their advantage. Ham is such a force now, i have'nt seen another driver take over the media and Fchat like him

william and lorenzobandini like this.
  11. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Crazy...he looked fine when COTA put a close up of his face that FILLED the cover, of the event Program......except, Ferrari WON!!

greg328, stavura and daytona355 like this.
  12. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    #37 daytona355, Aug 2, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2019
    I have cancer in two places, live on painkillers, sleep for an hour at a time, yet I work every ****ing day and never (until this comment I suppose) ever **** myself about it. Poor boy had a icky tummy? Ffs, he needs to grow up

I had an operation on my back and legs that almost stopped me walking in September 2017, I still RAN to save people at the 91 Harvest in Vegas, jumped on the wall and helped get people safe under automatic fire. My cancer was only thought of in the context of telling those injured I carried to safety ‘don’t worry, he can’t hit you, he’d hit me, and I have cancer so I don’t care’ when trying to calm them down. I spent eight hours running up and down the strip with four uS marines chasing ghosts, and in hotels searching for bombs. Think I could do 50 laps of a GP? I’d do 100 and still be able to walk and talk and speak to fans if I got £2mill per race or whatever he gets

Forza Ferrari..... the only racing team and car marque that matters. Italia forever It’s easier to apologise than it is to ask permission

13. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    But...but... what does this have to do with the achievements of Lewis??? Doesn´t the thread title indicate that this only should be about the amount of poles Lewis has and the 5 WDC??? How could you misread that???? :rolleyes:

You really compare Lewis request with Schumachers situation??? One is at the race track doing his job, the other is lying at home in bed after a major brain damage!!! It is not like Netflix followed Lewis on the toilet to look at the consistence of his poop....They just filmed him on his working place where he is not a "private person"!
    On one side there is a guy who never lived in public and who is for known reason completely out of public now and on the other side there is a guy who posts videos of his dog farting on a daily bases on instagram and then all of the sudden asks for privacy... Lewis is using the publicity to the max and was never shy to post stuff from private life on social media and then all of the sudden he wants to switch to privacy because it is so unfair to be followed... so publicity is good as long as it is in his favour but then all of the sudden it is not... At least I know why his fanboys pick and choose at their will, they just follow their hero.

Isobel, greg328, Ric and 2 others like this.
  14. stavura

stavura Formula 3

Sep 1, 2016
    U.K
    Full Name:
    Harold Lounge
    What a load of bull!

15. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    Did he really say that or you made it up? Lol

Pretty sure he was planning a nice little narrative for Netflix of the injured hero that rises to the fight and ... keeps crashing and wants to retire his car? Ah ah

When Merc didn’t agree to take part to this last year they shifted the blame to Ferrari... What now?

Ric, nsxrebel and daytona355 like this.
  16. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Count the Hamilton threads compared to all other drivers and get back with me

william likes this.
  17. stavura

stavura Formula 3

Sep 1, 2016
    U.K
    Full Name:
    Harold Lounge
    :confused: Because people like YOU always bring him up. I for 1 couldn't care less about elton.... And frankly, the less I hear about him the better.

Ric and daytona355 like this.
  18. bmwracer

bmwracer Formula Junior

Mar 2, 2004
    Toronto
    I hope we are not going to get another 30 pages of Lewis sucks .

Phil~, ktu, daytona355 and 1 other person like this.
  19. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    And what is even more ridiculous: some only joined for this purpose
    I guess when you do not find an other forum where you can discuss LH44 with like-minded you have to go to F-chat because defeat obviously is better than getting no reaction at all. That is actually sad...

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk

Ric, stavura, nsxrebel and 1 other person like this.
  20. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    So the title is more than clear what it is about... nevertheless the fanboys have to look into this thread and either complain about dismissal of the achievements or they brag about "Lewis ruling the forum getting most attention".... hilarious

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk

stavura, nsxrebel and daytona355 like this.
  21. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

WTF ?????

Thanks pilotoCS for starting another controversial thread ...

22. pilotoCS

pilotoCS F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 19, 2019
    The Capital of The United States of America
    Full Name:
    Willis
    You're welcome!

But seriously, I didn't think it would have that many comments. I was just perplexed that Hamilton, or anyone else involved with the Netflix production, has the ability to impose censorship. That's not right, especially after Mercedes and Ferrari said they would cooperate with the production this year.

23. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Sorry, please explain what is wrong with my post exactly? We are discussing Elton having a bad tummy and wanting to pretend like it’s the end of the world, so I compared him to my situation with four tumours in my belly and how it hasn’t stopped me doing anything at all, except living pain free of course. Is that a problem? Maybe you have the usual horrible thoughts about me deserving my illness as you do about others you have posted about?

The thread isn’t controversial in any way, your little lad caused us to discuss him, and your mate Ktu says that’s brilliant as apparently he wants the attention, so why is the conversation so bad?, because we don’t support him? Don’t feel sorry for his bad tummy? What’s up?

Forza Ferrari..... the only racing team and car marque that matters. Italia forever It’s easier to apologise than it is to ask permission

Ric, stavura, nsxrebel and 1 other person like this.
  24. 355TDI

355TDI Karting

Feb 1, 2019
    London
    Full Name:
    Immat Wings
    I’m a hardcore tifosi like most of us on this forum. But no I’m not having it, the treatment of Lewis by a section of fans is disgusting. Astonishing driver, astonishing sportsman and a Tiger Woods-like ground breaking icon for motorsport Anything he does will always be twisted into him being a “brat” or whatever adjectives the haters will come up with. It’s always personal with Lewis, for ‘some reason’ he gets under people’s skin. Mmm anyway enjoy hating on him, I don’t think he cares

lorenzobandini, william and ktu like this.
  25. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    I bet he does!

Ric and nsxrebel like this.