End of Lusso GTC4 V12 production? | Page 4 | FerrariChat

End of Lusso GTC4 V12 production?

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by NeilF8888, Jan 30, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Mickey Bharat

Mickey Bharat Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 4, 2019
    Cotati, California
    Full Name:
    Mickey Bharat
    I just took delivery of my 2019 Lusso with all the new stuff like 360 view camera and ADA adaptive cruise control .

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

2. crazedboutcars

crazedboutcars Karting

Dec 14, 2018
    Dubai, U.A.E.
    Full Name:
    Madhav Kanchan
    Bundy likes this.
  3. Mickey Bharat

Mickey Bharat Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 4, 2019
    Cotati, California
    Full Name:
    Mickey Bharat
  4. crazedboutcars

crazedboutcars Karting

Dec 14, 2018
    Dubai, U.A.E.
    Full Name:
    Madhav Kanchan
    It is paid but at least it is now not forced upon.. I guessed they listened to customers whom mani I suspect didn’t really want it

5. Mickey Bharat

Mickey Bharat Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 4, 2019
    Cotati, California
    Full Name:
    Mickey Bharat
    You got me curious. I just checked my options list and it looks like it is a standard feature. I had mixed up adas with adaptive headlight. Sorry I got that wrong. However you can configure it with detail.

of2worlds likes this.
  6. crazedboutcars

crazedboutcars Karting

Dec 14, 2018
    Dubai, U.A.E.
    Full Name:
    Madhav Kanchan
  7. Mickey Bharat

Mickey Bharat Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 4, 2019
    Cotati, California
    Full Name:
    Mickey Bharat
    On my GTC4LUSSO in USA I think it is part of the surround view option which is $3,375. But I am not 100% sure.

8. BarryK

BarryK Formula 3

Dec 17, 2016
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Barry K
    Ferrari CEO says the end of Lusso and Lusso T starting around second half of 2019:

in the investor call a few days ago.

https://www.fool.com/earnings/call-transcripts/2019/08/02/ferrari-nv-race-q2-2019-earnings-call-transcript.aspx

Wonder what the replacement looks like unless its the "SUV"?

9. otakki

otakki Formula 3

Mar 24, 2016
    2 new models are to be unveiled in September, so the successor is possibly coming up...maybe the Purosangue. Sure would like to see a new shooting brake in the line-up, but that's highly unlikely:(

10. NeilF8888

NeilF8888 Formula 3

Feb 10, 2005
    Miami Beach
    I was told the Lusso GTC4 was going to stop being produced in 6 months over 18 months ago and they continue to appear. Any news from a reliable source?

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

11. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Kinda seems odd to have in a Ferrari!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. deltona

deltona Formula 3

Aug 7, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Justin
    I was told a similar story but then was told that as the FUV was delayed production would continue for some time.

It is not that long since they added a surround camera option and ACC to Lusso so I assumed that production would continue for a a while yet.

Maybe with 812 spider production due next year that will take up the Lusso’s V12 production line space?

Slightly off topic. I did 250 miles in mine yesterday. Been said before many times on here but what an awesome unique car!

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  13. Mickey Bharat

Mickey Bharat Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 4, 2019
    Cotati, California
    Full Name:
    Mickey Bharat
    Yes I read it, hear is the extract

Giulio Pescatore -- HSBC -- Analyst

Hello, thank you for taking my question. The first one on the guidance for 2019. Can you share with us what's the thought process behind the decision, not to raise the guidance? Also given both are very strong demand that you are currently experiencing for your product and the positive effects that you -- that helped you in the first half of the year and should help you in the second half as well?

Louis Camilleri -- Chief Executive Officer

I can certainly try Giulio. First of all, I think you have to understand that in the second half, there is the end of the lifecycle of certain models, particularly the 488, GTB, and the 488 Spider. And clearly we're seeing toward the end of the GTC4Lusso and GTC4Lusso T. So, that's something you need to take account of.

14. Bamsefar

Bamsefar Formula Junior

Nov 26, 2012
    Well not from my point of view: an adaptive cruise control is by far more usable than just the "pit speed cruise control" that is well standard I guess on most Ferrari's today. The "pit speed cruise control" I simply never use. The Adaptiv Cruise Control I would use more, a lot more. Had it on my previous cars, loved it.

The only thing I find strange is that there is no HUD - Head Up Display - on Ferrari's. We got all controls on the steering wheel, but we have to look down to check the instruments. Yes I think this is solved on SF90, but it's kind of been around on other cars for 20 years or so... Now HUD would really be an improvement!

15. Challenge64

Challenge64 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ron
    From what I hear, the Lusso is all but finished. O'well. I wanted another one..

16. otakki

otakki Formula 3

Mar 24, 2016
    HUD is neat, but can't use it with polarized sunglasses is a bummer..

17. FFantastic

FFantastic Formula Junior

Mar 23, 2015
    UK Riviera
    I must admit to loving my Lusso, it is the only Ferrari that is all things to all men imo. In todays world where attitudes are changing and the vast majority of cars on the road are either SUVs or variations on the theme of a station wagon/shooting brake or estate car the Lusso is without doubt the king of the road and now production is ending will remain so for many years to come.

otakki, deltona and montpellier like this.
  18. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    "Seeing toward the end" is not the same as "being at the end"... 488 GTB ans spider are at the end, while Lusso is seeing toward the end - which I guess means an end in a relatively near future, and demand softening in the mean time. IIRC the Purosangue is rumoured for 2021, but if that's the actual availability target that would mean an unveiling in 2020 - and the end of Lusso sales also in 2020 (to make a parallel: F8 announced in 2019 for actual sales in 2020, 488 sales stopped in 2019).

19. [gTr]

[gTr] Formula 3

Mar 11, 2008
    Hamburg, Germany
    I wonder now that Ferrari will have a SUV, will they go back to making a 4 seater sedan whose design is not restricted by the need to have a large boot (i.e. a more classically beautiful shape). Also since the SUV will be the new mass production car, the sedan can be more exclusive like the 612 OTO was. However, I am not sure about the economics of producing such a car. It probably will dilute the profit margins and thus will not be produced.

20. day355

day355 Formula 3

Jun 25, 2006
    FUV ll be a puro sangre in a sense;)
    Rear looks very good !

BarryK likes this.
  21. Challenge64

Challenge64 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Try ordering a Lusso right now. See what your dealers say.

22. Griffon83

Griffon83 Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2016
    Greece
    Full Name:
    Nassos
    Ferrari FF was in production between 2011 and 2016, that is 5 years, I guess same goes for the V12 (2016-2021) and the V8 (2017-2022? ).

23. Bamsefar

Bamsefar Formula Junior

Nov 26, 2012
    Well, there seem to be a few 2017 made FFs - I can not say why that is, maybe TailorMade or something? Anyone might know better...?

24. FFantastic

FFantastic Formula Junior

Mar 23, 2015
    UK Riviera
    Meridien have just taken an order for one. V12 fully optioned.

deltona and Caeruleus11 like this.
  25. Challenge64

Challenge64 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Interesting. I'll ask around at Casa Ferrari but as far as I know, no more orders.