Parking | FerrariChat

Parking

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by hardhattg, Aug 11, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. hardhattg

hardhattg Karting

Jan 19, 2019
    Full Name:
    timothy gould
    What would you say is the going rate for tipping the parking lot attendant at a Typical restaurant during the day when they take down the cones and you park it yourself right upfront instead of valet. Not talking fancy nightclub but rather a typical restaurant for lunch that would normally charge 5.00 if they valet

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

paulchua likes this.
  2. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    I find that here in DFW, Andrew Jackson is your best friend in such situations. Then again, I worked for tips as a kid in Brooklyn and never got jack! So, I like to err on the side of generosity.
    T

willrace likes this.
  3. Fireman1291

Fireman1291 Formula Junior

Oct 30, 2017
    Tampa, FL
    Full Name:
    Adam
    I always side them a $20. My car stays put, they know me by name after a couple times and everyone is happy. Quick access, car is without damage or use, and always near. I do this anywhere and usually plan stops where valets are present to avoid idiots sitting on the hood taking instagram pics etc. I've had to deal with some real clowns and the $20 is money well spent even if I'm just running in the mall to grab something real quick.

4. Viperjoe

Viperjoe F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

$20 in the Northeastern US.

5. Jaguar36

Jaguar36 Formula Junior

Nov 8, 2010
    Cherry Hill, NJ
    I just try to avoid restaurants where I have to valet the car. Paying someone to let me do something myself is infuriating.

6. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    50 for that, 100 for parking garage in nyc

paulchua likes this.
  7. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

That’s a 20$ bill , except if they still need the 5$ for the restaurant lot. If that’s the case it’s 25$. Let’s not forget most of the valets are young kids trying to make a buck so remember when you were their age ...... Best ,Kirk.

8. Fireman1291

Fireman1291 Formula Junior

Oct 30, 2017
    Tampa, FL
    Full Name:
    Adam
    The point is to get curb side parking and not have to park in BFE where your doors get dinged and have people sitting on your thin aluminum hood taking selfies. I've had both happen and the time spend fixing the damage was a waste and the cost was way more than $20. Valet for me!

9. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    To me a lot depends on the restaurant/hotel, location, length of time, context, service, etc

So many variables. However $20 is about right for the standard situation. +$5 for the lot

10. ModerateMike

ModerateMike Rookie

Jul 21, 2017
    NC
    Full Name:
    Mike
    In a valet situation, I leave the Fcar at home, because I don't like the attention. But if I did, I agree with Fireman. It's really not the parking you're paying for.

unreelviper and Fireman1291 like this.
  11. SCEye

SCEye F1 Rookie

Aug 28, 2009
    Norcal - Peninsula
    wowser!!!!

12. SCEye

SCEye F1 Rookie

Aug 28, 2009
    Norcal - Peninsula
    some of these parking attendants are a little older
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Cigarzman and Fireman1291 like this.
  13. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Ricky,

Let me be your personal valet anytime.

;)

14. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    ha. 100 bucks to avoid a regular spot in a nyc parking garage is the best money anyone can spend...

paulchua likes this.