308 Speedo Sensor removal problem | FerrariChat

308 Speedo Sensor removal problem

Discussion in '308/328' started by 348KYD, Aug 17, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 348KYD

348KYD Karting

Jul 29, 2007
    Bedfordshire, UK
    Full Name:
    Nick
    Hi All,

I have a 1978 308 GTS (US car) with the early type 1 speedo sensor part #106324.

The sensor is loose, I can tighten it up, but when I unscrew it goes looser then tight again.

Is there a different way to remove it other than just unscrewing - I don't want to force it?

Thanks, Nick.

2. 348KYD

348KYD Karting

Jul 29, 2007
    Bedfordshire, UK
    Full Name:
    Nick
    Well, I thought it might be a stupid question and it was .... on closer examination it was just a tight thread, and with a little more persuasion it came out :rolleyes:

miketuason likes this.
  3. MFlanagan

MFlanagan Karting

Dec 21, 2016
    Another issue with the Speedometer Sensor: My electrical connection was destroyed. The new Sensor has two wires, Yellow and Brown. The Wiring Diagram shows polarized (Plus and Minus) wires from the harness that are Green and Red. There is no indication on the new Sensor of which (Yellow or Brown) should be Plus and which should be Minus. Does anyone know?

4. 348KYD

348KYD Karting

Jul 29, 2007
    Bedfordshire, UK
    Full Name:
    Nick
    Hi, from the searches I did I found the below in an older post:

Brown wire of the sender is the 12V in and should mate to green of the car harness....yellow of the sender is the signal and mates to red/black of the car harness.

Saabguy likes this.
  5. MFlanagan

MFlanagan Karting

Dec 21, 2016
    Thank you so much!! I searched and couldn't find it. I do appreciate your help.

6. miketuason

miketuason F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2006
    Cerritos, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike
    We’re there a lot of gear oil came out when you removed it?

7. 348KYD

348KYD Karting

Jul 29, 2007
    Bedfordshire, UK
    Full Name:
    Nick
    No gear oil, mine's the one on top of the gearbox so I think it's higher than the level normally, but saying that I have already drained engine and box as part of the major service (2 months in and well and truly "while I'm in there I might as well ....")

8. 348KYD

348KYD Karting

Jul 29, 2007
    Bedfordshire, UK
    Full Name:
    Nick
    @ MFlanagan - glad to help, I get a lot of info from this forum so happy I could give a little back :)