355 engine mystery | Page 3 | FerrariChat

355 engine mystery

Discussion in '348/355' started by fazzaz1, Feb 7, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall

One year warranty on parts. Then all you have to do is prove it was the fault of the part.

2. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall

Gee Dave....how many times has it been said 3 years for belt changes?

3. zero

zero Guest

Apr 24, 2007
    Ah gocha, thanks for that mate:)

4. troy_wood

troy_wood Formula 3

Apr 28, 2007
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Full Name:
    Troy Wood
    I've been thinking the same for awhile as well.... missing pieces...

5. SonomaRik

SonomaRik F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2006
    Sonoma, CA
    #55 SonomaRik, Apr 29, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2009
    it seems he went the 30k rule over the time rule = thus this thread. time/miles whichever first.

The amazing thing of this that stikes me is the amount of time it took to cause then fix it to normal. BTW: glad to see it fixed.

rik

6. davehelms

davehelms F1 Rookie

Jan 3, 2004
    Full Name:
    Dave Helms
    I am still working on getting to the 30 day mark on parts.... 3 yrs is to far out there for me to think about right now.

7. bcwawright

bcwawright F1 Veteran

Jul 8, 2006
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Bruce
    30 DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How bout 30 minutes(or less)?????? or even worse to have bought new OEM parts that u find out are crap before u ever get to install.

I need an Obamanomics bail-out to complete this Italian work of art.....Chrysler and GM ain't the only ones facing a bankruptcy...

8. hacker-pschorr

hacker-pschorr Formula Junior

Sep 27, 2006
    Land of Lambeau
    There is a lot of talk about the tensioner bearings, what about the tensioner's themselves at $300 each? How many people are replacing those on a regular basis?

9. RRRREDRVR

RRRREDRVR Karting

Jul 28, 2004
    Aptos CA
    Full Name:
    M Kitchen
    Brian: My '95 (OBD 1) sometimes turns on the Slow Down light and loses 50% power (seems to be mostly right bank). But, I push in the clutch, cycle the ignition key off and on, and let out the clutch and its running again, with light off. I periodically (once a year or less) remove as many of the engine sensor and ECU connectors I can reasonably get to and spray them all with contact cleaner, then plug/unplug them several times. The problem then seems to vanish for 12 months or more. BTW, its at 52K mi and still running on the major you did back here in CA.

10. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Not sure what you clean the contact with but it may be worth but trying Deoxit D100, I the stuff in a bottle with a brush. You can visibly see the difference, I let it sit over night sometimes. Then light scotch brite and contact cleaner spray to clean it all up then Stabilant on the clean connections and back together.

11. F355Bob

F355Bob Formula 3

Had same problem on my 95. It was cat ECU. It would randomly fail and I would loose a bank. If I turned off engine and restarted it was fine again.