Maserati manuals, brochures and photos | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Maserati manuals, brochures and photos

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by thecarnut, Mar 23, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DWR46

DWR46 Formula 3
    Honorary

Jun 19, 2012
    Ivan: Crankshaft journal sizes and block bore sizes for undersize journals and over bores. Torque specs for mains, rods and cylinder heads.

2. thecarnut

thecarnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 22, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    The Car Nut
    Got it ... thanks.

3. thecarnut

thecarnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 22, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    The Car Nut
    Earlier this year I was told by the company that hosts my website (thecarnut.com) that the tool I had been using for many years to create and maintain the website was being discontinued. Not only would I not be able to get any support but updates and additions to the website were no longer going to be possible. Needless to say I was not happy at all.

The website has now been converted (page by page) to WordPress and has a fresh new look. Performance (speed) is not as good as before but the functionality is much better, especially when it comes to viewing photo galleries. Also, it works much better with mobile devices. Since this website has close to 500 pages there are bound to be errors. A description might be wrong, or it is linked to the wrong document, etc.
    Please let me know of any errors so I can correct them, and be patient with me as I am still learning WordPress.

The good news is no contents has been lost. The website is still at: www.thecarnut.com

Ivan

4. boralogist

boralogist Formula Junior

Jun 21, 2005
    THANK YOU Ivan!:)

5. psw

psw Formula 3

Nov 17, 2005
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Thanks Ivan :)

6. alfieri107

alfieri107 Karting

Dec 4, 2011
    Thank you! I have a similar problem with my website www.tipo107.com . The Apple software I'm using, "iWeb" is not supported by Apple anymore. I have to use a very old laptop to update my website. So far, it still works, fingers crossed.

7. thecarnut

thecarnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 22, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    The Car Nut
    Nembo1777 likes this.
  8. Mexico074

Mexico074 Formula 3

Aug 14, 2008
    Harriman, TN USA
    Full Name:
    Michael Demyanovich
    Thank you to barnfieldman for providing the manual and to Ivan for making it available to the rest of
    us Khamsin owners. I still have to go through it to see how applicable it is to a 1975 Khamsin, as the manual
    specifically indiates it is for a 1977 model..

But of interest to me was the Starting procedures for Maserati vehicles found on page 11 of the manual.
    Step 3 of this procedure indicates 'As soon as the engine starts, release the key / and hold the engine rotation
    at 3500 to 4000 R.P.M. for a period of 20 to 30 seconds.'
    Does this sound a little extreme to anyone else?
    I would think that would be a rather high R.P.M. for a cold engine at startup...

Mike

9. 71Satisfaction

71Satisfaction Formula 3

Jul 15, 2012
    New York and Norway
    Full Name:
    Art
    I'm not the most experienced, but that is unlike any car engine startup procedure I've ever heard. The only thing I can imagine is a concern for low initial oil pressure at idle. Aircraft engines I have been familiar with are sensitive to initial cold oil pressure.. but not even they call for high rpms, just to maintain rpms for adequate oil pressure - usually around 1500rpm.
    - Art

10. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Depends on ambient temperature: I guess that was written by a bored factory employee on a hot summer day in Modena just before the August vacation;-)
    It would be ok in high temps but not in Scandinavia or the northern US in winter.