360 - How to tell what came with the car from the factory | FerrariChat

360 How to tell what came with the car from the factory

Discussion in '360/430' started by Drfrakes, Sep 16, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Drfrakes

Drfrakes Rookie

Jul 19, 2014
    Hello all,

This is my first post and seek your counsel. I’m looking at a 360 spider that is for sale. The car does not have the original window sticker but does have the original sales contract.

Here is my question, is there a source to quickly find what options came with the car and more importantly how to identify if the engine and transaxle are original to the vehicle.

Kind regards,

2. 24000rpm

24000rpm F1 Rookie

one of the ways of telling if the engine has never been removed or not is too remove the LH and RH panels inside the engine bay. Then you'll see the fuel tanks.

alongside the inner edge of the fuel tank (towards the engine), there's a big harness. The harness is secured by a few zip ties to the its surroundings. The zip ties are distinctively different from the usual ones we see in shops. If those ties are run-of-the-mill ones you see everywhere , that usually means the engine has been removed.

PLease note that "engine removed" doesn't mean "engine replaced". Maybe its an engine out job of sorts. But you get the picture.
    Please note i said "usually" because it is possible that the engine wasn't replaced and the zip ties are just replaced with usual ones, but its not too probable.
    Please note that it is also possible that the zip ties are original and the engine was removed/replaced, but again, its not too probable. reason is that when you remove the engine, this harness would have been removed. It is possible to not to remove the harness to remove the engine but that will require a hell bigger hassle than removing it.

-------------------------------------------------------------

go to a dealer, and they'll use their computer to tell u what were the originally equipped.

3. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Have your local Ferrari dealer print out a build sheet or option sheet from MODIS. That will give you most of the information you need. The original engine number will be in the warranty book, if that comes with the car.

4. sierra055

sierra055 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 25, 2016
    Melbourne, AU
    Full Name:
    Marshall
    The my.ferrari.com portal has some detail about the car including interior and exterior colours and options

5. CCRider66

CCRider66 Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 29, 2014
    Sussex, WI
    Full Name:
    Brian
    Dang, I knew I did something wrong when I removed my engine :(
    Old school I guess, I disconnected every connector at the engine. But on the brighter side I got a lot more knowledge of my car. Ferrari uses the same connector on different parts of the engine so THERE is NO way to confuse which one goes where!! LOL!!:eek:o_O:)

I'm 360 Canuck likes this.
  6. 24000rpm

24000rpm F1 Rookie

now I know how to do oldschool LOL