FORMULA 1 SINGAPORE AIRLINES SINGAPORE GRAND PRIX 2019: RACE ▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS ▀▄▀▄ | Page 13 | FerrariChat

FORMULA 1 SINGAPORE AIRLINES SINGAPORE GRAND PRIX 2019: RACE ▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS ▀▄▀▄

Discussion in 'F1' started by SPEEDCORE, Sep 21, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

This^^^ Gifted win to placate an outclassed Vettel lol. Nothing more. Charles was the faster driver and IS the faster driver on the team. The faster driver lost today and was structured to do so. Joke.

moretti, jcurry, kandi and 2 others like this.
  2. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    96pt lead in WDC is fairly insurmountable. I think Hamilton is correct that Ferrari is hungrier and Merc is complacent. With 175pts still on the table, I don’t think I’d be getting too comfortable. Ferrari has momentum and all it takes is a couple of dnf’s to change everything. (I know that seems unlikely, but complacency breeds errors)

Bas, Nuvolari and DF1 like this.
  3. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    Ferrari are like RBR in that they only want one driver and one lap dog. CL isn't going to put up with it, so I wouldn't be surprised if he went to MB...this will be a done deal if Ferrari sign SV for more time.

william, lagunacc and DF1 like this.
  4. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Can we please get this "ferrari screwed leclerc" narrative out of the way? Vettel was 2.x seconds behind Lewis, who himself was at least 7 tenths behind lec... He then had a 3 second stop.

Leclerc stop was a lot faster. Ferraris stop was to undercut Lewis, not leclerc. Thst shouldn't have been possible. Rembeber he nearly lost the place to hulk even!

5. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Please. What reason do ferrari ha e to choose vettel over leclerc? Lec has been the faster and more consistent driver all this time, why even acre him over. Doesn't make any sense.

Makuono and sampelligrino like this.
  6. TurboFreak650

TurboFreak650 Formula 3

Jul 10, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    If Vettel can do that, he will make a fine #2. :)

william and kandi like this.
  7. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Uh...good luck with that. The press are all over this and so is half the world. I applaud your lack of conspiracy here yet will push others like tires with no proof. Sorry but this smells like a way to save what is left of the tatters of an over rated WDC who cannot compete wheel to wheel at all.

william and kandi like this.
  8. stavura

stavura Formula 3

Sep 1, 2016
    U.K
    Full Name:
    Harold Lounge
    Forza Seb.... Forza Lec..... Forza Ferrari!! What a great result.

So happy for Seb, especially after the sky muppets gave him no hope.

Jakuzzi, 635CSI, Makuono and 2 others like this.
  9. I'm 360 Canuck

I'm 360 Canuck Formula 3

Nov 21, 2015
    Ontario, The Real One in Canada
    Full Name:
    Lars!
    In fairness, seb takes his frustrations out on the track, not sure that’s better, as some of his emotional decisions have not put the team first.

Bas likes this.
  10. sampelligrino

sampelligrino Formula 3

Apr 16, 2017
    Just because you are the faster driver and fastest driver on the team doesn’t guarantee or entitle you to a victory in any way shape or form in Formula 1...

I don’t think the Scuderia deliberately wanted Seb ahead of Charles, I bet they were doing whatever they could for a 1-2 result regardless of who came first. Having Seb even come 2nd (and/or simply not shoot himself in the foot) is miles ahead of where he was in Monza. Victory just icing on the cake for him which he should celebrate

Hope both drivers can accept this result as best for the team, not harbor anything towards each other, and now push to get more momentum for the rest of the season and to 2020

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. stavura

stavura Formula 3

Sep 1, 2016
    U.K
    Full Name:
    Harold Lounge
    BTW, I LOL'd so hard when they told Bottas to slow down so that their fragile little princess would come out in front of him.

Bottas should grow a pair and tell them to **** off!

trumpet77, kes7u, Jakuzzi and 8 others like this.
  12. lagunacc

lagunacc F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 24, 2013
  13. Etcetera

Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    Some people have the memory of an Etch-A-Sketch that's constantly being shaken. Ferrari have actively been screwing Leclerc over all year for a guy that lost them two championships on the trot. They will continue to do it until CL isn't a part of the team anymore.

william likes this.
  14. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    Right.

Ferrari could have done the same to Vettel but they didn't. If they would have, everyone would criticize them for team orders. When Merc does it, it's clever strategy.

kes7u, kandi, Jeronimo GTO and 2 others like this.
  15. classic308

classic308 F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Seriously the WDC is unattainable but if SF want to chase the WCC then they need 1-2 finishes regardless of who comes first.

TurboFreak650 and Jeronimo GTO like this.
  16. Dimitar

Dimitar Formula Junior

Mar 21, 2007
    Boston
    It doesn't really matter who was where and how many seconds...At the end of the day, when you know you are about to take a double victory and the guy that is ahead in the standings is in 2nd place - you let him win. Mathematically he has a better chance to catch Hamilton ( of course on paper, but still). Otherwise is like telling the whole World you do not really believe that your drive can do it.

17. lagunacc

lagunacc F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 24, 2013
    Binotto's reaction when CL came out behind indicates they didn't plan it.

Bas likes this.
  18. SPEEDCORE

SPEEDCORE Four Time F1 World Champ

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    Binotto: Its the right attitude to have as a driver and when we explain to him the full picture he will understand the reason of the choice. Its important that he is happy for the team and happy with the result.

Nothing to see here move along.

19. Etcetera

Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    Bottas is out of running for the WDC. Telling him to pull over is the right thing to do. BTW, Merc are so good at team orders that they told Rosberg not to win a WDC so their golden boy could. Oh, wait...

Jakuzzi and lagunacc like this.
  20. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    Pit strategy is supposed to go to the lead driver. Clearly CL’s tires were going off a couple of laps before his pit as his lead over Hamilton dropped from 2+ secs to .7 secs. Had Ferrari pitted CL earlier, LH would have followed. If not, his tires were falling off also so CL would have maintained his lead (most likely).

Merc’s Chosen strategy (running long) would have still yielded a Ferrari 1-2 (fair to question if they would have done the same with an earlier CL stop).

21. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Agree but he will build on this to solve Vettel problems.

22. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    It's true they protected Vettel at the beginning of the year because Leclerc was an unknown quantity to them. But for sure the team know who their future is and you see it in the way they react to Leclerc's successes.

Here they pitted Vettel to protect him from VER and he ended up doing a really strong out lap, better than expected, and got ahead of Leclerc.

Ferrari, though, should have advised Leclerc that Vettel pitted - Leclerc said they didn't!! so not the first time - so he could make up some time. Only thing else would have been to switch them around at the end and with that all the crap of having to explain it away after.

So they threw Vettel a bone so now he can mix it up more with the Mercs and take points away while Leclerc goes for the wins.

sampelligrino and ricksb like this.
  23. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    The strategy was good in my book. We changed a 1-3 for a 1-2, so I won't complain. Also if they hadn't stop Vettel at that lap he would have been undercut by Verstappen and we all would be complaining about how dumb the pit crew is.

I really want to see Leclerc beating Vettel: he's the future and we need a better future. But today he was slow in his "in" lap and Vettel very quick in his "out" lap, despite a slow pitstop. Also Leclerc was slower getting rid of the traffic and slower in the final sprint. So I think the win was deserved and Leclerc needs to cool down a bit: the last thing I want is another spoiled brat in the grid.

24. pilotoCS

pilotoCS F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 19, 2019
    The Capital of The United States of America
    Full Name:
    Willis
    I see a lot of this same sentiment and I wonder why? A Ferrari 1 -2 is what it's all about. Drivers come and go . . .

Jakuzzi, moretti, 635CSI and 2 others like this.
  25. lagunacc

lagunacc F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 24, 2013
    If F is back to screwing CL they're back to screwing themselves.

william likes this.