S line exhaust for 458 italia | FerrariChat

S line exhaust for 458 italia

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Faiq, Oct 11, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Faiq

Faiq Rookie

Mar 26, 2019
    Full Name:
    Faiq Al
    Hello everyone
    I would to ask which is the best exhaust sound for 458 italia S line exhaust or Novitec I just want to change stock exhaust and by changing the exhaust will get check engine warring light?

Thank you guys

2. obbob

obbob Formula Junior

Aug 14, 2017
    Sline is the loudest because it literally has no mufflers. Novitec is a little quieter.

you only risk CEL if you swap the cats. 200cell cats are near certain to not trigger, although still possible. Anything higher flow than that has a good chance of triggering CEL

3. Faiq

Faiq Rookie

Mar 26, 2019
    Full Name:
    Faiq Al
    thank you for your information

4. Rory breaker

Rory breaker Formula Junior

Apr 17, 2017
    My opinion- Novitec sounds best. Kline, s line, and IPE sound great too.

If you go full headers/race cats or straight pipe/exhaust without flap...be prepared for what most people would say is an absurdly loud car. Flap and normal cats would be more civil. If you just want to amp it up a bit vs f1 car style - get the Novitec exh w flap, or any brands above exh only, will sound great.

DefunctNeurons likes this.
  5. Faiq

Faiq Rookie

Mar 26, 2019
    Full Name:
    Faiq Al
    Thank you bro

6. Agostinho

Agostinho Formula Junior

Feb 22, 2017
    I think Kline, and IPE sound best, but Novitec is good too. Not a fan of S-line, and it's not even cheap. Kline sounds great, and is the best deal of the bunch.

jack likes this.
  7. FerrariCognoscenti

FerrariCognoscenti Formula 3

Jan 19, 2021
    East Coast
    Just installed the SLine with test pipes on my 458 and now it sounds like an appropriate Ferrari. Just did my first cold start and wow, I’ve heard a lot of 458’s with test pipes and exhausts but none compare to this…it literally sounds like Schumacher’s V10 F2004 F1 car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Boiler Inspector

Boiler Inspector Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 14, 2017
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Brian
    Can you post a Youtube clip?

9. FerrariCognoscenti

Jan 19, 2021
    East Coast
    Do a search on YouTube for “Schumacher F1 hot lap Monza”…. THAT is the S Line straight pipes and cats on a 458. You can feel the exhaust in your ****ing soul. Buying an S Line system for the 458 was an almost better decision than even buying the actual 458 to begin with. It is a life altering experience, and if you have a woman in the passenger seat, bring a mop for the cleanup.

I watched every video out there from every exhaust and agonized for a year before getting the S Line…. No video can even begin to express what the 458 becomes with straight pipes and the SLine exhaust. It makes my pre-exhaust 458 feel like a Camry. You can literally feel the car in your chest. Now I understand what a Ferrari is. This is how they should come from the factory.

I’ve heard all the exhausts in person at one time or another.. Fabspeed, Capristo, Kline, IPE, etc. Nothing compares to the experience the S Line offers.

10. Avi Das

Avi Das Karting

Aug 7, 2020
    Full Name:
    Savage458

Thank you for your emotional review of the exhaust. I am in your shoes and is contemplating adding S line. Unfortunately I already have 200 cell cat and FI exhaust and it sounds great. I can't seem to justify moving over to S line and pretty much losing money on the FI.

If I were to go with S line which I prob will does anyone know if going catless vs 200 cell would make much difference? I don't want to deal with CEL. Also how important is changing the header. Would just adding the exhaust coupled with my existing 200 cell be enough? Anyone has that setup?

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

11. FerrariCognoscenti

Jan 19, 2021
    East Coast
    I am using a Capristo OBD Wizard and it deletes the CEL no problem.

12. FerrariCognoscenti

Jan 19, 2021
    East Coast
    I’m trying to post a video on Instagram right now I’ll send the link.

13. FerrariCognoscenti

Jan 19, 2021
    East Coast
    I also have a track day this Friday, will try and get some amazing video and post it.

14. FerrariCognoscenti

Jan 19, 2021
    East Coast
    Boiler Inspector and wthensler like this.
  15. wthensler

wthensler F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2015
    Gator Country, FL
    Full Name:
    William
  16. Avi Das

Avi Das Karting

Aug 7, 2020
    Full Name:
    Savage458
  17. FerrariCognoscenti

Jan 19, 2021
    East Coast
    I’m going to the track on Friday and will have a buddy film me doing a redline flyby at 160mph and will post it. In the mean time let me do a quick redline pull…

18. FerrariCognoscenti

Jan 19, 2021
    East Coast
    Sent you a pm

19. KZEVO

KZEVO Karting

Jul 25, 2021
    Sounds incredible