Who knows the 355 stereo system? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Who knows the 355 stereo system?

Discussion in '348/355' started by Redlyne_mr2, Mar 14, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 4respy

4respy Formula Junior

Aug 15, 2014
    los angeles
    Full Name:
    steve
    The book printed in 97 is for the 98 model as why they were Red books..I had a 97 I bought in 98 no stereos on US cars then

2. drbob101

drbob101 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Nov 26, 2012
    Tinton Falls, NJ
    Full Name:
    Bob Ferraris
    There must have been some crossover as he states his car is a 97.

3. Keith Imbriglio

Keith Imbriglio Karting

Jun 16, 2008
    Western MA USA
    Full Name:
    Keith Imbriglio
    My car is a 1997, May build, and the stereo is definitely plug-and-play into the factory harnesses. The changer is mounted with factory brackets to studs that are part of the body in the factory prepared location and the radio plugs into the harnesses in the dash. All harnesses for all stereo equipment are without a doubt part of the main factory installed harnesses. The owners manual for the radio (came with the car) is dated 1997. All my manuals were born with the car (selling dealer, 1st owner,VIN, dates, all match the car with all paperwork). You would be hard pressed to think it was not factory installed and therefore some crossover to the 1998 MY.

That said, I have never seen any evidence of a stereo being standard equipment prior to the 98 models, (unless mine is special ???). If it is not Maronello installed, I'm guessing it was available as a dealer installed Ferrari accessory in 1997 leading up to it being standard in 1998 ( just conjecture, no proof) I have every shred of paper work and service work done on this car since new, including warranty work done by the selling dealer a couple times in the first year, right down to a new ashtray being warranted because the owner didn't like the way it opened. In all that paper work nothing points to the radio being installed after delivery. Also, I am the third owner and know the second who purchased the car in 1999 and can date the radio at least to then. ????

Keith

4. Dave rocks

Dave rocks F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    #29 Dave rocks, Mar 16, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I have the same system in my 98 F1 GTS and it's not listed as an option on the window sticker (attached) - it's listed as standard equipment.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. Keith Imbriglio

Keith Imbriglio Karting

Jun 16, 2008
    Western MA USA
    Full Name:
    Keith Imbriglio
    Exactly Dave, I have seen other 98 and 99 window stickers showing as standard equipment, but not on any other Model year. Dealer installed accessory in MY 1997 ? If the factory didn't install it in my car, it definitely left the factory prepped for dealer install and was done prior to delivery.

6. drbob101

drbob101 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Nov 26, 2012
    Tinton Falls, NJ
    Full Name:
    Bob Ferraris
    I had a friend whose company offloads new cars from boats in NJ. At the time they were doing Mazdas and installing "factory" air in the new rx 7. Mine didn't have it so I went up
    There and they put my car in the line and installed it. They did the radios as well.

I would think with NA and ROW differences, Ferrari did similar. Yours may have been at beginning of the OEM installs on the invoices and just didn't get on it.

Mine is an earlier 97 that I assumed had the Sony unit but maybe not

7. taz355

taz355 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 18, 2008
    Indio Ca/ Alberta
    Full Name:
    Grant
    Dave how come your window sticker does not show the F1 option.
    I thought it is listed and charged for separately.

8. Dave rocks

BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    No idea - it's list on the sticker, just not listed as an option. Technically, it's not an option - it's a different model.

9. taz355

taz355 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 18, 2008
    Indio Ca/ Alberta
    Full Name:
    Grant
    I was told the oposite, also magazines reported it as an option I thought around 10 or 15 grand

10. Dave rocks

BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    #35 Dave rocks, Mar 16, 2017
    Grant - here is my factory build - it's not an option - it's a model according to this.

11. 4respy

4respy Formula Junior

Aug 15, 2014
    los angeles
    Full Name:
    steve
    The f1 was not an option , but a model so they just bumped up the f1 retail price

12. 4respy

4respy Formula Junior

Aug 15, 2014
    los angeles
    Full Name:
    steve
    My 97 was built in April and I have been around these cars since they were new and have no knowledge of any 97 having a stereo

13. taz355

taz355 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 18, 2008
    Indio Ca/ Alberta
    Full Name:
    Grant
    So how much more was the F1 model vs the stick model for same car??
    Anyone have a 98 gts that could tell us.

My next question would be can we still get this type of data. My car did not come with the paper work.

14. 4respy

4respy Formula Junior

Aug 15, 2014
    los angeles
    Full Name:
    steve
    In 1999 the Price of a F355 Spider was $138,115 and the 355F1 Spider was $147,615 with a difference of $9,500

15. judd10

judd10 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 30, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    #40 judd10, Mar 17, 2017
    I still love the 430 OEM radio that that I installed. I got a connector cable for my iPhone that will charge the phone and play my iTunes. The navigation on the unit stinks, though.

16. baschul

baschul Karting
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2015
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Brian S
    Dave-

Is this screen shot from the dealer software or somewhere semi-public? Just curious as I's love to see how my car was originally spec'd.

Thanks,

Brian

17. taz355

taz355 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 18, 2008
    Indio Ca/ Alberta
    Full Name:
    Grant
    You got me there
    If it does though please post it in the interchangeable parts thread

PatrickMo likes this.