Ferrari F8 Tributo | Page 110 | FerrariChat

Ferrari F8 Tributo

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Ferrari 308 GTB, Feb 28, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ohanoune

Ohanoune Karting
    BANNED

Sep 29, 2016
    Paris/ Milan/ Dubai
    of2worlds likes this.
  2. red308

red308 Karting

Nov 13, 2006
    Pleasanton CA
    Probably blue corsa, right?

3. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
    No, definitely a lot lighter. Maybe Azzurro California?

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  4. KarlA69

KarlA69 Formula Junior

Oct 9, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Karl
    Has anyone investigated after market exhaust options for the F8 to improve sound? Either modifications to the rear boxes or GPF-delete options....?

I read that it was not possible due to GPF (something about the ECU being tuned for the back pressure of the GPF device?), but I note there are aftermarket exhausts for other brands with GPF (e.g BMW M2)....

5. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Too early, I’m sure there will be aftermarket options

6. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    Sounds slightly better than an EV.

7. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    Many on this forum ( coincidentally who own either 488 or Pista) claim, with no driving experience, that the F8 and the 488 are essentially the same car with little differentiation in driving dynamics. Humans and chimpanzees share 99% DNA, yet no one will argue that there is little or no difference between them.

Mb5000 and Avia11 like this.
  8. racerdj

racerdj F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jan 19, 2003
    Indianapolis
    Full Name:
    DJS
    I have a 488 with golf tees in my vacuum lines and am holding on my F-8 order as they do not sound close. I am writing this as I have not heard in person the F-8. I'm even looking at the 812's pre GFP. Many say the 812 tolerate the GFP much better as they are NA. I am constantly searching for video's and other's opinions who have heard both.

ferrarifanatic25 likes this.
  9. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Ferrari definitely failed customers in regions that don’t require the silly EU strict noise and emissions regulations, as they should have come up with a non GPF car for us. That being said I’m confident that there will be aftermarket solutions to the exhaust if I find it lacking.

ferrarifanatic25 and Ohanoune like this.
  10. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Adamas, Avia11, of2worlds and 6 others like this.
  11. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    :eek:

I'm sure there will be options available but am not willing to jeopardize the OEM warranty. My dealership tends to be less mod-friendly. YMMV.

Ohanoune likes this.
  12. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    I’ve heard one person say this and he was a 488 owner who test drive an f8 on the track.

Who are the many? 60 more hp and a bit lightly, f8 should be better in every regard over the 488.

13. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    Shadowfax and others, read the thread, has repeated
    this ad nauseum.

14. jumpinjohn

jumpinjohn F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 22, 2013
    Texas
    Full Name:
    John
    Some people live to say bad things about stuff. I love the 812 and Portofino. And love the F8 which will live alongside those two! To some people I am a lemming who has drunk deeply from the Ferrari koolaid. Oh well, as a mindless lemming, I get to enjoy every single time i drive... ;)

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

15. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #2742 Shadowfax, Oct 30, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2019
    Wow so I'm the bad guy here now? Sheesh! I reminded you of the 2 separate members who posted their vids, who both drove it on track and asked why you felt that their personal experiences lacked credibility. They also both formed much the same opinion. But you never replied. Seems anyone who reports a personal experience negative to your beliefs should be thrown under the bus.

PS Socal. Agree that F8 should be noticeably better in every respect but these 2 members certainly didn't find that to be the case.

Rrr1, SoCal to az and Ohanoune like this.
  16. ACK

ACK Rookie

Aug 7, 2018
    Prague
    Full Name:
    Anco
    In my opinion, the F8 is the better car compared to a 488 and better on all aspects except for the sound. The Pista is a different story and the most sportive and best-driving car of the 3. The F8 is a perfect car for everyday use and when you are driving it fast in manual mode the sound is not mega spectacular but still fine. You can hear it in the video that was shoot driving the F8 at the test days at the Varano circuit. Anyway the F8 did not disappoint and is a fantastic car to my opinion.

of2worlds, Caeruleus11 and Maggio23 like this.
  17. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Luv it when the instructor ssys 'hard brake ' 'Harder!'

Sounds pretty decent in the vid.

18. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    Sounds fine on the inside but really pathetic on the outside to my ears.

There could be no doubt that F8 is a better car than 488 as it's a further development of that particular version, but whether or not most 488 owners are able to notice the improvements appears to be a different story at this stage going by the last 2 members reports.

19. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    It is not until I personally drive the F8 will I know if the car satisfies my preferences and priorities. What I am absolutely certain of is that I will easily discern the differentiation of driving dynamics compared to every other car I have ever driven including the 488.
    I have yet to drive different models from the same manufacturer and failed to recognize their differences. Simply changing the tires on the same car will elicit a change in how a car handles, steers and brakes. Adding 50 HP with major engine upgrades, implementing a series of aero dynamic elements, lowering mass, and altering transmission mapping and suspension tuning will surely be readily evident compared to the model it replaced notwithstanding the 2 members of this forum who failed to do so.

20. kandi

kandi Formula 3

Jun 27, 2014
  21. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    So I’m pulling for the F8 to be as great as I think it looks. But let’s say it doesn’t deliver you the sensations and performance you’re hoping. What then? Will you lost honest reviews and feedback?

Shadowfax likes this.
  22. jim g

jim g Formula Junior

Jan 8, 2003
    Waverly, Pa.
    Full Name:
    Jim Gress
    #2749 jim g, Oct 31, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2019
    To me the looks alone are worth the upgrade and I could care less how it sounds outside, I won't be riding on the hood. I will let everyone know how it drives and compares to my 488's when it arrives this winter. All the videos of the car I've seen the sound in the cabin sounds fine and journalists all overwhelmingly concur.

Ohanoune, of2worlds, Dicecal and 2 others like this.
  23. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #2750 Shadowfax, Oct 31, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2019
    You must be very special. How will you possibly be able to easily feel the differences when you don't even own a 488 to reference the F8 experience against? You speak as if the 488 is hugely under developed in both chassis and engine lending itself to noticeably and, significant improvement which can easily be felt by anyone.

488 received rave reviews by journos and owners as a highly developed car, so to be able to make a proper comparison one would either need to have owned a 488 for long enough or, be in a position to sample the pair back to back on a circuit. Maybe you owe those 2 members who shared their experience as 488 owners a huge apology instead of throwing them under the bus?

This is what I find intriguing with the 488 bashers now lining up for F8. Ironic in every sense of the word particularly where sound and lack of driver involvement were the key points of criticism! Too funny!