F8 or 991.2 GT2RS | FerrariChat

F8 or 991.2 GT2RS

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by 98oixmn, Oct 28, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 98oixmn

98oixmn Rookie

Oct 28, 2019
    Full Name:
    Kris Netaji
    Have a F8 on order and set to arrive in January. Having second thoughts on a weissach GT2RS with Mag wheels. What are your thoughts? I’ve had a ton of 991 variants and previously owned a 488 spider for a little while.

Il Co-Pilota likes this.
  2. lanpa8

lanpa8 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2009
    I have GT2RS and Pista. For the streets Pista soaks up bumps better due to higher ride height, smaller tires and softer suspension. The 2RS is significantly stiffer and also sits lower. For streets Pista is more comfortable but for track I would take the 2RS every time its just feels more raw and planted. Not sure how the F8 drives but my guess softer than the Pista. If I had to keep one it would be the Pista, to me it feels more special. But in your case I would take a 2RS over the F8

Gh21631 likes this.
  3. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    What else do you have?

What kind of driving do you intend to do? Track or around town?

4. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #4 Shadowfax, Oct 29, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2019
    No contest. 2rs every day and twice on Sundays! Out of interest what else do you currently have and how do you plan using the new addition?

Regardless, I would agree with lanpa8 that if faced with your choice the answer is simple anyway. Now if it were Pista or 2rs then that decision would require a lot more thought....not one I care to ponder really....owning both removes the agony.....which is the better way to go.

tekaefixe likes this.
  5. 991 GT2 RS

I'm sure the F8 is nice, but if all accounts are accurate, it really is just an evolution of the 488. Don't get me wrong, the 488 is a fabulous car (speaking as an owner of one), but the GT2 RS is just more bonkers on all levels than the 488/F8.

6. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    Oh absolutely. Totally bonkers. 488 is a fabulous car indeed - loved every km - but 2rs arrived and after the first leg of the maiden journey it was game over for 488 in a big way. The 2rs is just totally insane. And boy does it sounds angry inside and out. The way it is able to round up other formidable super-cars and mow them down is just ridiculous. 488 and F8 do look good though....but then so does the 2rs.

7. uhn2000

uhn2000 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2011
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Joe
    #7 uhn2000, Oct 29, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2019
    I had a GT3RS alongside a 488 and had every intention of keeping it alongside the Pista when it arrives but I just sold both of them - I find that the 3RS in particular is built for the track more then any car I have every owned. Its somewhat livable on the street but it needs to REV to really be happy and on the street that is just not possible. The 488 is the better daily supercar then the 3RS, it was happier (torque) in the city and I find the overall ride comfort and specialness to be a pretty cool factor. Now from what I have heard about the GT2RS is that its absolutely nuts bonkers .. and I can see how that type of maniac power and wild out torque can be fun and addictive on the street, the F8 will have that same rush of power and torque but it will be a bit more refined (softer) the GT2/3 are super track machines that were built to be allowed on the road. And .. BTW I got more compliments about the GT3RS then the 488.. but I think thats just merely because Porsches drivers are considered more approachable then us Ferrari guys;). My thoughts are go for the GT2RS, they won't lose a ton of value and if you want grab an F8 later, they are just starting to make them. The agony of these decisions always kills me .. even after selling the 3RS I am having a million second thoughts!

slm and Caeruleus11 like this.
  8. 98oixmn

98oixmn Rookie

Oct 28, 2019
    Full Name:
    Kris Netaji
    My local Ferrari dealer said about 18 month wait for the F8. I had some issues with my 488 spider I just bought so they are giving me the first car they get. I figure I can probably drive the F8 and not lose much if any and go to a GT2RS later. I’m a little worried about the Resale on the RS. Market was $150k over last year and now bottom out to MSRP with delivery miles. I will not be tracking the car.

9. Steinhart

Steinhart Formula Junior

May 21, 2019
    Scottsdale, AZ, USA
    I've been following prices of the GT2RS, GT3RS and the TTS Exclusive, all are coming down with the the 992 on the horizon. GT2RS is an amazing car!

10. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    You will lose money on the f8. If depreciation is your concern, get the 2rs as it has dropped quite a bit from it’s over inflated price. It will be more predictable going forward..

Shadowfax likes this.
  11. 98oixmn

98oixmn Rookie

Oct 28, 2019
    Full Name:
    Kris Netaji
    I think for the first 12-18 months depreciation will be better on the F8. My dealer said they will not have any. The 2RS seems to be sitting.

12. lanpa8

lanpa8 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2009
    Like 98oixmn said at one point the 2RS was selling 150K over. Now its at msrp after a year. Drive the F8 for 1 month and see if it will sell at msrp....it will depreciate just like the 488

dustman likes this.
  13. 98oixmn

98oixmn Rookie

Oct 28, 2019
    Full Name:
    Kris Netaji
    Inventory will not be readily available on the F8. My dealer said they will not have allocations for a year. I think initially they will hold until production meets demand

Coincid and Dicecal like this.
  14. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    Agree. F8 will follow 488 and drop like a rock. No car is a sound investment anymore but a 2rs is up there as being as safe a bet as any on today's scale.

15. Ohanoune

Ohanoune Karting
    BANNED

Sep 29, 2016
    Paris/ Milan/ Dubai