488 - How long did you wait for your Pista | FerrariChat

488 How long did you wait for your Pista

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by islandtrader, Nov 3, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. islandtrader

islandtrader Formula Junior

Jun 30, 2013
    I ordered my pista in July of 2018. Paid deposit and still on 10g status in the system. Anyone else waiting this long???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona

Allocation offered March 30, 2019
    Order submitted - May 9, 2019
    Status 20- September 26, 2019
    First build pic - October 8, 2019
    Second build pic - October 11, 2019
    Status 70 - October 14, 2019
    Status 90 - October 17, 2019
    Third build pic - October 18, 201

3. islandtrader

Jun 30, 2013
    I am super delayed then, wonder If my dealer really has an allocation for me? It’s in the Ferrari system for what it’s worth.

4. lanpa8

lanpa8 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2009
    Put deposit March 2018 specced the car few weeks later. Car arrived at dealer June 2019. I paid for 3 day air freight to Taiwan

5. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Very similar to above.

6. C50

C50 Formula 3

Aug 19, 2016
    "in the system" as you show as on the waitlist on your myferrari page?
    or your dealer has a modis status to share?
    if the latter, no worries.
    if the former..? your dealer would be a better person to ask as to the status.
    did you do TM or anything that could prolong the process?

7. Gcsdave

Gcsdave Karting

Mar 30, 2011
    uk
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Ordered April 19
    Delivered oct 19

Bmill likes this.
  8. islandtrader

Jun 30, 2013
    Shows “waiting list” in my Ferrari page.

Modis is 10g

Nothing crazy, have some carbon fiber wheels.

9. C50

C50 Formula 3

Aug 19, 2016
    my understanding is that 10 green indicates the factory has accepted your order. you can make changes until they begin production and modis is 10 red.
    Based on my readings here, it appears that the MyFerrari status is generally lagging behind reality, should not be taken as accurate.
    To answer your original question, yes, it appears that you do in fact have an allocation and you will actually get a car.
    Exciting!

Caeruleus11 and Il Co-Pilota like this.
  10. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    That is a VERY long wait for a regular Pista. Spider, that's a different story.

If you're in the MODIS, you're fine as your order has been accepted.

However, how fast it will be processed is in part down to your dealer. As long as you're 10 Green, they can basically push you back and put others in front. I think the correct question is how many are in front of you and when they will ask for the order to be locked. From what I gather, the car will basically stay green until your dealer ask for it to be locked down. If this is only your second or third purchase, you might have a bunch of clients ahead of you with cars they ask to be locked before yours.

11. 2k8SB

2k8SB Karting

Oct 20, 2004
    Central Florida
    Full Name:
    Nathan
    Allocation offered June 2018
    Tailor Made Appointment at Factory Dec 2018
    Scheduled production for week 48 - 2019. Assume this means early Dec build start

Still in 10G at the moment... Guessing the timeline delay compared to others is due to TM specs.

12. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Doubt that a car that is Green still will meet a Dec build. Just spoke to a relative who's Pista Spider went Red 10 three weeks ago. That's a Feb build. So if you're still Green, it looks like you have builds in front of you that are scheduled for early 2020.

Whether TM delays or not,really depends on the choices. Sometimes people choose things that needs testing and approval for fire safety and what not. I herd of a two and a half year delay on a TM F12 at one point.

of2worlds likes this.
  13. FordGTDriver

FordGTDriver Formula Junior

Jun 9, 2007
    My case is somewhat anomalous; the dealer offered me the allocation in July '19. I specced it a couple of days later and it was Red 10 within a week or so. It has been on the water for nearly 30 days now as of Nov. 4. So, it will be about four months start to finish. I say it is anomalous because I THINK it was an allocation that someone bailed on, thus the previous buyer "waited" for quite awhile, but when it was time to spec, I slotted right in. I did not complain.

of2worlds and Thecadster like this.
  14. Jeap

Jeap Rookie

Feb 16, 2018
    Paris, FRANCE
    Full Name:
    Jeapper
    - Paid deposit Sept 2018
    - Tailor Made in Maranello in November 2018

They told me 14 months in Maranello...

still wait.... :)

of2worlds and Bhh like this.
  15. islandtrader

Jun 30, 2013
    So as I gather, 10g is accepted by Ferrari or no? Can the dealer push other people through in front of me?

16. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    My guess is the CF wheels are causing the delay.

17. islandtrader

Jun 30, 2013
    I should of never gotten them, how many carbon rim pista have they made, seems like it is not a popular option.

18. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Just the opposite was true with many more customers ordering the CF wheels than Ferrari had budgeted for in their early estimates. The spider customers were told they could not order those wheels. Eventually the wheels started to appear on just the early Euro market cars. Later the wheels were seen on a few USA builds. Some USA buyers got their Pista with CF wheels fairly quickly but others complained of long delays.
    Strange things both good or bad ie. early or late deliveries seem to happen with the Ferrari build process!

Jeap likes this.
  19. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    I did not opt for the carbon fiber wheels. I would have been so afraid of nicking them that it would have ruined the joy of driving.

Oh and im a cheap bastard too. Couldn’t justify the 30k price on em.

johnr265 likes this.
  20. johnr265

johnr265 Formula Junior

Jul 1, 2010
    Mid-Atlantic
    -deposit March of 2018
    -Spec 4/19
    -10G 5/22/19- means accepted by Maranello (I had a couple of extracamp things to be approved)
    -10R 6/27/19
    -Arrived at dealer 10/21/19 (included August shut down of course).

of2worlds likes this.
  21. 2k8SB

2k8SB Karting

Oct 20, 2004
    Central Florida
    Full Name:
    Nathan
    Thanks for the info, just re-read the email from my dealer which says It should go R10 in week 48. I guess I was assuming R10 meant straight into production but sounds like there is another delay between R10 and production starting. I’ve waited this long, I’ll be just glad when it does finally arrive.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

of2worlds likes this.
  22. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    They have made a lot of CF wheeled Pistas. The local dealer here have delivered at least 12 with them, and they say they can order them as aftersales options with no issue. How long delivery for this, I don't know.

I was in contact with Carbon Revolution for a completely different matter about ten days ago, and during the conversation, I quickly asked about the Ferrari CF wheels. They said all of that was pretty much on schedule.

As I said earlier, when you're 10 green, they can push you back by asking Ferrari to close orders on those behind you.

of2worlds likes this.
  23. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Haha, cheap,,,,, sensible....... Different names for things.

Yes they are pretty things and all, but yup, the price is nuts. And considering that some of the really good aftermarket alloy options are within what, about 1-1.5lbs of them, for 9 grand for a set, nah. What horrifies me is the fact that Ferrari wants you to purchase a set of four if something happens.

of2worlds and SoCal to az like this.
  24. Jeap

Jeap Rookie

Feb 16, 2018
    Paris, FRANCE
    Full Name:
    Jeapper
    The carbon fiber wheels is 18.000 € in France.

of2worlds likes this.
  25. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Are you sure that includes VAT etc?