Rear trunk, broken parts on my FF - anyone else? | FerrariChat

Rear trunk, broken parts on my FF - anyone else?

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by Bamsefar, Nov 14, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bamsefar

Bamsefar Formula Junior

Nov 26, 2012
    So I have some broken parts in the rear trunk of my FF. I have no idea how to describe them, more than plastic guide rails for the shelf in the rear trunk, so I got this picture on the rear trunk:
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Parts 66-67-68-69 - yes all four. And the attachment are fully broken off.

Now I have NOT disassembled my rear trunk at all - why should I?

So my question is, has anyone else got the same problem?

Astrid.Didier likes this.
  2. ANOpax

ANOpax Formula 3

Jul 1, 2015
    The Netherlands
    Odd that they should break. I can’t imagine why they would fail but I know the plastic is brittle. I had a small piece of the plastic fail on the rollers which run in the rails but not the rails themselves. How old is your car? Mine Is 2011.

3. Bamsefar

Bamsefar Formula Junior

Nov 26, 2012
    My FF is from 2016...

I think this problem is from when Autoropa (the Ferrari authorized dealer/importer and only authorized service company) manage to reverse into another car, and had to change the rear bumper an repaint well the bumper and rear trunk door. Or when Autoropa managed to make deeeeeeeep cuts into most of the cars parts when installing ppf, resulting in yet another repaint of this time the complete car... The person that most likely removed the interior most likely never had done this before... Amateurs!

4. Bamsefar

Bamsefar Formula Junior

Nov 26, 2012
    I thought I add some pictures that kind of describes what a mess Autoropa has done, this is from part 69, the lower guiderail: Image Unavailable, Please Login
    And as one can see the two points where this guiderail (or what it is called) is fasten is completely broken off, and when one checks where it is supposed to be fixed into the interior:
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    One can easily see the two brass parts where some sort of screw in brass I guess would normally exists - they are completely gone - nowhere to be found....

5. ANOpax

ANOpax Formula 3

Jul 1, 2015
    The Netherlands
    It’s hard to tell but it looks to me like the broken parts of the guide rail are still attached to your car. Those brass parts you see are the threaded female bushings which are inserted into raised mounts in the plastic guide rail. The guide rail is then screwed to the leather trim panel from behind using machine screws. You can see the ‘star’ shaped feet of the plastic around the brass bushes matches the shape of the snapped off plastic on the back of the guide rail.

I had a problem with the plastic trim around my seatbelt extension arm and this was the exact method of construction - plastic parts with a moulded mount which accepts threaded female brass bush inserts.

If you can unscrew the bushes, it will be possible to glue their plastic housings back to the guide rail using some epoxy. You’ll then need to remove the trim panel from the car in order to re-attach the guide rail from behind the panel.