348 - New YouTube Nonsense 348 25k major | Page 10 | FerrariChat

348 New YouTube Nonsense 348 25k major

Discussion in '348/355' started by dahveedem, Jul 20, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. WATSON

WATSON Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 9, 2010
    WI

BOKE likes this.
  2. BOKE

BOKE Beaks' Gun Rabbi
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 13, 2009
    600 East Fremont Street
    Full Name:
    Lucky
    "normal dan" needs to take a lesson from Brooks on how to make the YouTube victim soliloquy video.
    At least Brooks has some entertaining car content and is a real car guy.

WATSON likes this.
  3. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
    So exactly how many supercar reviewer youtube personalities does the marketplace actually need? I mean my god.

4. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
    I too resemble that remark! We all do, this whole post is high school stuff. So... some kids are cool others go around telling others how cool they are. I'll leave it to others to determine which one #26PartFailMajor or what ever his youtube handle is.

BOKE likes this.
  5. BOKE

BOKE Beaks' Gun Rabbi
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 13, 2009
    600 East Fremont Street
    Full Name:
    Lucky
    It really shouldn't be a personality thing at all, Eric.

All YouTubers are not created equal. I really like @spiderscott 's YouTube channel. I have learned some stuff.

We aren't the target market for the clickbait creators that overwhelm the kids watching on their phones with their 'knowledge" of our cars.

I feel that this thread critiqued the 348 videos that "normal guy supercar" and his posse put together and the real 348/355 guys expressed their thoughts.

My only issue with 'dan' is that he attacked FerrariChat and Andrew.

"dan" only posts here to push his videos and defend himself.
    https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/search/25210214/

171 post about himself.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Booker likes this.
  6. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
    spiderscott 's are great I agree, I really liked his stuff I mean who knew there was a Testarossa convertible. So is Paul Nicholasen's (sonordrum1000 on youtube) videos they were really good and are a regular reference. I downloaded ALL his 348 videos.

BOKE likes this.
  7. 2cam

2cam Formula Junior

Aug 28, 2014
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    MikeS
    #232 2cam, Dec 9, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2019
    Nader and BOKE like this.
  8. BOKE

BOKE Beaks' Gun Rabbi
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 13, 2009
    600 East Fremont Street
    Full Name:
    Lucky
    Let's keep it to the content of the channel, not an FChat members old lady.:rolleyes: That never ends well.;)

I live in Las Vegas, so everything is relative and a gamble.:D:D:D

9. Fred Daniali

Fred Daniali Karting

Jul 23, 2019
    Chino Hills California
    Full Name:
    Fred Daniali
    1. I never made that argument. Maybe Dan did; however, I never put my name to anything like that. And yes, his videos are a bit silly but I like them and that's fine if you don't.

2. Do like short piers too? Got another little saying fer ya!

3. It's part of the fun and silliness, and I guess we have established that you do not like it... I LOVE IT and so do many others.... at least 41000 people. It was primarily for the enjoyment of frequent viewers.

4. This is a public forum... while I respect Andrew as a moderator, we all are equals.... I think that his beef was that he was not getting a fair shake and everyone was "dog piling: on him.

5. I am a loyal viewer and I love his content. I am not related to him; however, I am a friend of his and I've got his back.... unlike all of you.

6. I am going to add a number 6 here.... HE MUST BE DOING SOMETHING RIGHT BECAUSE YOU ACTUALLY WATCHED HIS VIDEO!!! HAHA.

10. BOKE

BOKE Beaks' Gun Rabbi
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 13, 2009
    600 East Fremont Street
    Full Name:
    Lucky
    I would argue this point that you and Andrew are equals in this forum. Andrew has a long history of contributing immeasurably to FerraiChat, first as a member, then later as a moderator.

For the second time, Dude, You need to slow your roll.

FerrariChat is a community and within that community is the 348/355 forum. A long-time member posted a video from the "normal guy supercar" YouTube channel, and discussion ensued as it does on FerrariChat. I bookended the OP by posting a video with FerrariChat content from the same creator.

You came at me with this:

I gave you a pass on that one. Then you came at me again for reasons unknown to me.

I politely suggest that instead of debating, insulting, and generally tangling with other forum members, you should get to know some of the denizens and join the discussion instead. FerrariChat is for entertainment, enjoy yourself. There is an incredible knowledge base on tap as well. Get your learn on, I have.

Cheers,
    ボケ

Booker and WATSON like this.
  11. Fred Daniali

Fred Daniali Karting

Jul 23, 2019
    Chino Hills California
    Full Name:
    Fred Daniali
    So let me get this straight.... since you all have been here forever I should just shut up and take it? This suggestion sounds awfully familiar to me.... Tell you what... why don't you make a video of a major on your Ferrari (if you even have one) and we could all see how it compares to his videos... both in content and editing quality. That way we could level the playing field... are you up to the challenge?

12. BOKE

BOKE Beaks' Gun Rabbi
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 13, 2009
    600 East Fremont Street
    Full Name:
    Lucky

Attached Files:

• win.jpg
      win.jpg
      File size:
      60.1 KB
      Views:
    WATSON likes this.
  13. 4rePhill

4rePhill F1 Veteran

Oct 18, 2009
    Worcester, England
    Full Name:
    Phill J
    Hmmm.......This thread appears to be descending into personal bickering, trash talking, and stupid: "Make a Youtube video" throw-down challenge nonsense.

Chances are, the way it's going, sooner or later, someone is going to be facing a ban.

I'd say this thread's "Slow Down" lights are on, and the oil pressure light is starting to flicker - Time to shut it down before any serious damage is done!

BOKE likes this.
  14. steved033

steved033 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Apr 12, 2017
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Steve D.
    I did my major a year ago, and I've documented many of the things i've done to it, but the 348 has been reliable enough that "I put gas in this pile of junk and drove it and nothing happened!!!!" videos aren't real marketable, so it'll be another 4-5 years before I can make another major video, and I won't have to go as deep as showing everyone how to replace the bearing on the block side of the cam drive gear. If you can wait till then...but youtube is fickle, you pretty much have to post constantly or you're not getting paid....not that being paid by YouTube excites me in the least. If someone wants to send me a 348 and some cash, I'll knock it out, and vid the whole thing.

Now, if you can tell me why the 727 torqueflite in my big block mopar is leaking, I'm all ears (not really all ears, it's the pump seal, but i'm procrastinating, I should make a procrastinating video)

I want people to be interested in cars, not videos. This thread, and other things I've been paying attention to, has shown me that constant entertainment from your pocket might not be so good for you, so get out there and build a car. Or c'mon over and build a car.

My whole beef will all of this is that while technically video proficient, NormalGoon slandered the 348 for clicks. It was as bad as watching Sam glue the metal plate in place in the 360 (that was his last chance with me till scott showed up and fixed it for him), it's really obvious who can fix their own cars and who's a PT Barnum of youtube.

You will now accuse me of my lady parts hurting and the 348 is still junk. Well, it's not, but that's my opinion and your opinion is allowed to differ. I can't for the life of me figure out the interest you have in the guy. You're a 458 owner, and you're just over here harassing the DIY guys, so while you accuse us of trolling...well...

sjd

ernie and BOKE like this.
  15. steved033

steved033 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Apr 12, 2017
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Steve D.

sjd

BOKE likes this.
  16. WATSON

WATSON Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 9, 2010
    WI
    Sure ya did:

Well aren't you clever. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Enjoyment? 15 minutes of whining and crying? Who frequents that?

Public? Have you asked Andrew or Rob that? Haha. If you think you and Andrew are equals here, you have a harsh reality waiting for you....on several fronts.

You love his content? That answers all my questions....

Yea, that's it. I am also anxiously awaiting his next release *sigh*
    I just jumped around and checked out the part about Andrew.
    Pretty ****ty. He going to issue an apology for that?

17. PhilB

PhilB Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 17, 2004
    NYC, USA
    Full Name:
    Phil
    How many cc's of silicone do you think are in that photo?

As far as youtubers go and cars, I think the best is Joe Raiti. He's always positive, informative and entertaining.

BOKE likes this.
  18. steved033

steved033 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Apr 12, 2017
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Steve D.
    I'll have to check him out! Thanks for the recommendation!

sjd

19. BOKE

BOKE Beaks' Gun Rabbi
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 13, 2009
    600 East Fremont Street
    Full Name:
    Lucky
    The Saline vs. Silicone question is one of the biggest hurdles these young ladies faced when they selected their +2s. In my personal experience, both have advantages and downsides. YMMV

Take a look at this six/twelve-pack of young ladies that bring you a refreshing adult beverage at the pool.

I am attracted to the lovely brunette on the left because she has a pen to write things down I ask her to do. Her other friends offer a lot as well. The gal on the far right is a winner too for different reasons. She has a big ass and learned to stand at an angle in pictures. She also knows everything about her pals and is the one to make friends with.

Which gal would you guys pick, and why???

WATSON likes this.
  20. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Especially in this thread!! LOL

BOKE likes this.
  21. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Holy smokes, I need to go to Vegas often!!!

BOKE likes this.
  22. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Actually, here's where you're wrong...very wrong...and dead wrong....cause if you read his post, he said he turned it off after 60 seconds.

WATSON and BOKE like this.
  23. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Andrew was insulted? Why?

24. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018