Interior reupholstery cost? | FerrariChat

Interior reupholstery cost?

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by enio45, Dec 17, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. enio45

enio45 Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

May 16, 2004
    Gilbert, AZ
    Full Name:
    Ed
    Out of curiosity - if anyone knows, what should an interior restored cost - labor wise?

Using a GTC as an example, 2 seats, headliner, package tray, console, door and back panels, laying in the carpet and dash.

Leather and headliner and carpet cost - separate of the labor.

Had a client ask me recently and i thought i would see roughly what the market says.

Appreciate the thoughts...

2. colombo2cam

colombo2cam Formula Junior

Jan 31, 2019
    Full Name:
    Ted
    as you know - it depends on how exact you want it. Prices can be 10X more to get that extra special result,

of2worlds likes this.
  3. enio45

enio45 Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

May 16, 2004
    Gilbert, AZ
    Full Name:
    Ed
    agree, probably a stupid question to post....going to vary all over the place

4. Edward 96GTS

Edward 96GTS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    what was the cost for the elena? should be about the same.

5. TTR

TTR F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Timo
    What is this "market" you're referring to ?

Just like prices of engine rebuilds, repaints, restorations, values of individual cars, even if identical make and model or anything else in business or life, etc there are reupholstery jobs and then there are reupholstery jobs.
    One may not have much in common with another, even if they appear similar or are performed on identical subjects, especially when talking about 50+ year old vintage cars. Everyone has a different approach, interpretation of expectations or cost associated to achieve them.

For example, I've seen vintage Ferraris (and other makes) with "complete"(?) re-paints having cost less than $5K and I've seen others with more than $150K spent on essentially same thing and in most cases, owners appeared happy with results they got for their money.
    Tons of similar examples can be found in mechanical rebuilds, general restorations, building/house constructions or remodels, etc, etc ...

6. enio45

enio45 Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

May 16, 2004
    Gilbert, AZ
    Full Name:
    Ed
    Agree, question that cannot be answered with a broad brush answer.

I know exactly what you're saying.....been there done that...depends on this, that and this and that.

Ellena was very involved, had to make seats from scratch etc....all new panels etc......i might be able to back into the answer, but at this point, not worth the time.

Appreciate the comments....they are right on!