Tach Needle offset | FerrariChat

Tach Needle offset

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by AD211, Dec 28, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. AD211

AD211 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 19, 2017
    South Carolina
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Not getting any responses on the Technical Q&A forum so I’ll post here...

Recently had the battery replaced in my 2010 California. When I received the car back, I noticed the tach needle was below zero when the car was off but also at idle at a stoplight (last pic), etc. Dealer says their repair (new battery, water valve) is unrelated. It moves fine when driving but no idea if it’s ‘correct’ since the starting point is off. Any thoughts on the cause? I returned it to the dealer and they are checking the ‘tach motor’ and say that disconnecting/reconnecting the battery did not resolve the issue. It worked perfectly fine when they picked it up for the battery replacement but not upon delivery. (I searched the forum but didn’t find help...apologies if I missed the answer here on Fchat somewhere).
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

2. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Weird! I've never seen that one pop up here on Fchat. Does it behave normally while driving? Best of luck resolving it...T

3. AD211

AD211 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 19, 2017
    South Carolina
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Hey Tom. Yes, it behaves normally while driving. 65 deg and sunny today. Killing me not to be driving it!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

4. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Gorgeous. That'd be perfect Cali weather. Sorry you are missing it...T

5. carnutdallas

carnutdallas Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 11, 2010
    Dallas Burbs
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Definite ground/electrical issue. Should not do that. Might be a connector for tach issue that once battery was removed, it exacerbated the problem.

I hate when stuff like that happens. Not sure how a tech could drive car and act like that is ok or should be delivered back like that. Very frustrating. As a shop owner, you call immediately, make owner aware of a concern and try to investigate. Might not be dealers fault and probably not, but looks really bad to give a nice car back with unacceptable condition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk