812 Fault failures | Page 2 | FerrariChat

812 Fault failures

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Mike Chawla, Jan 23, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. deltona

deltona Formula 3

Aug 7, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Justin
    My experience of FIAMM on about 6 or 7 Ferrari and Maserati over 13 years is not good.

Whenever i've had problems i've changed the batteries to another brand like Varta and problems have gone.

I always use a tender where possible.

In FIAMM's defence, I think a lot of the problem starts where batteries are connected to cars at factory build and then left to run flat which as we know doesnt take long on these cars. The cars can be left standing with a flat battery for weeks or even months during shipment, storage etc. In my opinoin this is when the damage can occur and recharging might seem to temporarlily resolve the issue but damaged cells never properly recover (creating higher internal resistance) and in my experience that is why it is best to change the battery for a new one.

A new battery is certainly worth looking into if you have multiple fault codes upon startup or weird electrical gremlins before looking at probably much more costly options.

Mike Chawla likes this.
  2. Mike Chawla

Mike Chawla Karting

Dec 9, 2018
    Full Name:
    Mike Chawla
    thank you i will change the battery right away

3. F355GTB

F355GTB Karting

Jul 9, 2012
    They found the problem... it is the sensor under the brake pedal. They replace it and calibrate it. I am using the car now for the last two weeks, and no issue at all..

R J likes this.