458 - How rare is it to find a 458 with these seats | FerrariChat

458 How rare is it to find a 458 with these seats

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Jason B, Feb 2, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jason B

Jason B Formula Junior

Apr 7, 2006
    Hbg, PA
    i used to love seeing seats like this in the 430. I think the red inserts just set the interior off but it seems super rare to see this in a 458. Is this super rare and is it a wanted option? I assume the most wanted interior combo for a a red car would be the classic ferrari tan Vs black. Love the red inserts.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    The red inserts are typically seen on the black seats in the 458. Red inserts on tan seats seem quite rare. I don't recall seeing a 458 with the tan seats and red inserts. Still that color combination may be out there as many Italia models were sold!

3. up4speed

up4speed F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I have definitely seen a few tan seats with red inserts. It's not popular, but it's definitely out there. To be honest though, I think the opinion on tan vs black has been changing over the years since the 430. I think that the 430 and older cars had to be red/tan, but the newer cars are appreciated in other colors as well as black interiors. When I bought my car, I was looking for race seats specifically (I like that they are more comfortable (which is surprising considering that race seats are usually LESS comfortable), sit lower since I'm 6'1", and that they are more supportive), and I also preferred the black interior, even though I always preferred tan in the past. For some reason, the styling of the 458 lends itself to a black interior, compared to the older cars. I had a 360 with a tan interior, and thought it was amazing, and preferred it way more than a black interior. Here is a photo of my interior. It's more racy/modern, compared to the beautiful, classic looks of the Daytona seats. It's all about preference. To answer your original concern, just keep looking for the seats you want, you will find them.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

ferrari 512 tr, Avia11 and rob5819 like this.
  4. Ash Patel

Ash Patel Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2015
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Here in Sweden Daytona seats are more rarely seen that the race seats and off course the standard seats.
    In my optinon the daytonas are the best looking for 458, the race seats suits Speciale better in my opinion.
    With that said I have the race seats and have nothing to complain about but still regret that I did not buy a grey 458 with beige colored interior and Daytona seats with red stitching, that was a piece of art inside the cabin.

up4speed likes this.
  5. up4speed

up4speed F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Wow, in the US, it's the complete opposite. The daytonas seem to be the most popular, then standard and race seats

Ash Patel likes this.