Carbon fiber engine covers | FerrariChat

Carbon fiber engine covers

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Redsled10, Feb 3, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Redsled10

Redsled10 Rookie

Dec 9, 2019
    Arizona
    Full Name:
    Rick Pauling
    Just picked up a low mileage 2017 GTB that was ordered with full factory carbon fiber options. I'm looking at various aftermarket suppliers of engine compartment cf pieces to complete the nice black-on-red contrast. Would really appreciate comments from any owners that have purchased and installed the 4,5, or 6 piece sets of 458/488 carbon fiber from Capristo, Exotic Gear, and MyRicambi regarding quality, fit, and finish. Thanks for the insights.

jtkeller likes this.
  2. jtkeller

jtkeller Karting

Dec 6, 2009
    Fort Worth, TX
    Following, interested in people’s feedback.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Art138

Art138 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 22, 2007
    Ft. Lauderdale
    Engine covers (plenums) are circa 9,700 dollars at least for the F8....How do I know? ..just added them to my reconfiguration! The engine compartment cf panels on my scud discolored with the heat. Maybe a user who has had them a few thousand miles can comment on the generic ones.

4. sbenus

sbenus Formula Junior

Sep 3, 2009
    San Juan
    Full Name:
    Simon
    I had the full set from My Ricambi and they were great. After a while the right engine panel appeared to be starting to discolor a little bit. I mentioned it to them and they immediately sent a replacement piece free of charge no questions asked. Aside from that, I can say that with every order and communication their customer service has been excellent. Sidenote, after rebuilding my car, I chose to replace all of the aftermarket carbon parts with OEM for no practical reason other than my OCD and need to blow money :p so that should not cast any negative light on their product. Due to this, I have the 458 carbon fiber engine plenums for sale if anyone is interested. The other parts were quickly sold

Simon

5. Rory breaker

Rory breaker Formula Junior

Apr 17, 2017
    I opted for this version with the laser etched, had never seen it before and thought it was unique. My pref is not OEM to match the Novitec parts.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. Nsd991

Nsd991 Formula Junior

Jul 19, 2012
  7. garak

garak Formula Junior

Dec 28, 2010
    Florida/Arizona
  8. Jason B

Jason B Formula Junior

Apr 7, 2006
    Hbg, PA
    Wish all the carbon in these cars a was 2x2 carbon instead of the less 3d tight weave 1x1

9. Rory breaker

Rory breaker Formula Junior

Apr 17, 2017
    Me too, all of mine exterior and engine is 2x2, but kept the OEM interior 1x1 CF throughout the cabin. 1x1 doesn’t pop the same. It is nice as an homage to appreciating OEM parts, but eh.

All still look good :)